Author Topic: My IPK builds for RetroFW (RS-97)  (Read 8816 times)

far

Re: My IPK builds for RetroFW (RS-97)
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2019, 02:22:59 am »
MGS is a fairly demanding game, frameskip I'm sure is needed with this one on a 600mhz device, as even 1GHz GCW struggled for a long time, and some scenes can still dip below full speed.

Be sure you have 'Cycle Multiplier' set to 2.0 in settings. MGS and some other games depend on this, or game speed will seem sluggish regardless of frameskip or other settings.  Out of curiosity, please tell me, what are gameblabla's releases setting it to?

I am setting the cycle multiplier to 2.00, and the simple fact the MGS is barely playable is already beyond my expectations for the rs97.  Gameblabla's port is set to 2.00 by default, for the cycle multi.  Also, to anyone interested: While I did get smooth gameplay through the first level of MGS with frameskipping set to 1, and an OC of 690MHz, on my particular rs97 690MHz crashes the device under load, while 642MHz to 666MHz appears to be stable, your mileage may vary.

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2019, 05:20:11 pm »
Alright guys,
I have discovered an issue with Triple & Double buffering : it conflicts with the audio sync via OSS.
As a result, the whole thing becomes slightly slower : this was mostly only noticeable on some Atari lynx games on Handy but SMS Plus GX was also affected.
As a result, i have disable Triple buffering on both Handy & SMS Plus GX and they should work smoothly now. (Updated as of this post)

PCSX4ALL also uses Triple buffering so i suspect it could suffer from the same issue.

gameblabla, any advice for me with regards to getting ScummVM to save its settings?  When I change one of the settings (such as the game file save path), it doesn't remember the settings the next time I launch ScummVM.  Also, I think ScummVM throws an exception or something when I exit it, because as soon as I exit ScummVM, I can't immediately relaunch it again until I reset my device.
I noticed that ScummVM's configuration folder has a tendency to corrupt itself, preventing deletion.
You can check this by deleting .cache on your sd card (if it's not there, look for .scummvm inside of one the folders).
The only way to solve this is to check the FAT32 partition with Windows/Linux.

Jason01

« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2019, 02:39:51 am »
I noticed that ScummVM's configuration folder has a tendency to corrupt itself, preventing deletion.
You can check this by deleting .cache on your sd card (if it's not there, look for .scummvm inside of one the folders).
The only way to solve this is to check the FAT32 partition with Windows/Linux.

Once again, you nailed it.  Thanks for the advice.. it solved my problem.

Long

• my VK page
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2019, 12:13:09 pm »
Hello!  compile the Meritous game  please! and Chocolate Doom!
thank you!

02k0

« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2019, 02:38:54 am »
how is running Quake 2? I already installed it and did not create the shortcut and can not even execute.

Enviado de meu Moto G (4) usando o Tapatalk

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2019, 08:20:40 am »
how is running Quake 2? I already installed it and did not create the shortcut and can not even execute.

Enviado de meu Moto G (4) usando o Tapatalk
Give it some time before exiting. Install it via the explorer and wait for a while.
(You can press Down to update the terminal)

I suggest you update the GmenuNx ipk if you didn't do so already.

Hello! Compile the Meritous game please! and Chocolate Doom!
thank you!
No plans for meritous for now but i am considering Chocolate Doom.

Hellboy82BR

« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2019, 02:06:06 pm »
I was testing some apps that come in the Opendingux for Rs97 and i figure out several games are running without issues (apparently) in the RetroFW:
Looks like it have some compatibility.

Included the Chocolate Doom

All you need to do is copy the aplications and add a respective link properly:

Profanation Deluxe
Arkanoid
Just4Qix
KETM
The last mission
Meritous
MrDrillux
Open Tyrian
Pang
Quake
Rise of The Triad
Spartak Chess
Apricots
Spout
Super Trans Ball 2
Triple Trapled
Wolfenstein 3
Blockout 2
Legend of Zelda: Return of Hylian

« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 02:27:10 pm by Hellboy82BR »

Long

• my VK page
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2019, 07:06:55 pm »
I was testing some apps that come in the Opendingux for Rs97 and i figure out several games are running without issues (apparently) in the RetroFW:

in details, please!

Hellboy82BR

« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2019, 08:06:31 pm »

in details, please!

I uploaded all games that works from opendingux (my previous installed firmware).
link Here:
https://www.plustransfer.com/download.php?id=30ed926f85f29639e788bb2426ef4cee

Each folder in compressed archive it's a diferent game. Select the game folder that you would like to install then copy to folder:
"Home/Retrofw/Games" directory.

After that, create a link pressing select button and choosing Add link, Finally you navigate to the main archive inside the game folder copied and select it.

Let me know if it works (Like Gameblala said exist a possibility to crash) :o

« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 08:25:33 pm by Hellboy82BR »

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2019, 08:15:39 pm »
Yup, this is because Opendingux at its heart is nothing more than a uclibc-based linux distro built with soft-float.
However, the shared libraries are built with hard-float so these apps might be able to crash !

It's possible to achieve full compatibility with those by building said shared-libraries as soft-float and exporting the LD_PRELOAD variable to said directory. I was planning on releasing a fully compatible Opendingux distribution as to have full compatibility with proprietary apps/games but all the games you pointed to so far have source code available.

Hellboy82BR

« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2019, 08:36:15 pm »
Yup, this is because Opendingux at its heart is nothing more than a uclibc-based linux distro built with soft-float.
However, the shared libraries are built with hard-float so these apps might be able to crash !

It's possible to achieve full compatibility with those by building said shared-libraries as soft-float and exporting the LD_PRELOAD variable to said directory. I was planning on releasing a fully compatible Opendingux distribution as to have full compatibility with proprietary apps/games but all the games you pointed to so far have source code available.

Oh I understand now, so this files are not fully compatible, I was expecting this.  :-[ :'(
But for a while to make some tests it's ok to me.
Sure, if this games not damage the device. (There's no way to do this right?)
Thank you so much by your support and explanation.

Long

• my VK page
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2019, 08:03:10 am »

in details, please!

I uploaded all games that works from opendingux (my previous installed firmware).
link Here:

Each folder in compressed archive it's a diferent game. Select the game folder that you would like to install then copy to folder:

After that, create a link pressing select button and choosing Add link, Finally you navigate to the main archive inside the game folder copied and select it.

thanks! Doom works good
but meritous is not works

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2019, 11:24:27 am »
I have ported Stella 3.9.3 to the RS-97 as well as Opentyrian.

The Stella port is based on the GCW0 port by David Knight, with some modifications to allow it to work on the RS-97 since it lacks an analog stick.
Enjoy

HercTNT

« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2019, 06:31:01 pm »
I have ported Stella 3.9.3 to the RS-97 as well as Opentyrian.

The Stella port is based on the GCW0 port by David Knight, with some modifications to allow it to work on the RS-97 since it lacks an analog stick.
Enjoy

Awesome Sauce! i really like this retro firmware. the rs-97 is a plucky little device. Thank you for the ports.

eltehero

« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2019, 03:49:04 am »
gameblabla, can you port the latest GCW0 version of FCEUX (by dimitry smagin) to RS-97 sometime? It would be nice to have a fullspeed nes emu with your other ipk builds.

I don't think that the talented Dingoo A320/GCW0 emulator devs that made the scene great are particularly interested in this device apart from yourself and Slaanesh :(

Is the Temper running at fullspeed including the supergrafx games?

Thanks so much for your effort and hard work. I'm considering getting the white one
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 10:23:13 am by eltehero »

vermillion

« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2019, 10:49:38 am »

in details, please!

link Here:

Could you re-upload as the link is dead.

HercTNT

« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2019, 07:58:02 pm »
gameblabla, can you port the latest GCW0 version of FCEUX (by dimitry smagin) to RS-97 sometime? It would be nice to have a fullspeed nes emu with your other ipk builds.

I don't think that the talented Dingoo A320/GCW0 emulator devs that made the scene great are particularly interested in this device apart from yourself and Slaanesh :(

Thanks so much for your effort and hard work. I'm considering getting the white one

The amount of people involved is considerably higher then you have given credit for. Quite a few very talented people have worked hard to get the rs-97 this far. 

eltehero

« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2019, 12:57:43 am »

The amount of people involved is considerably higher then you have given credit for. Quite a few very talented people have worked hard to get the rs-97 this far.

HercTNT, don't get me wrong. I do appreciate the hard work done by all involved. The amazing work done by the firmware devs, Steward, Tonyjih, gameblabla and others. 

Most of the work done has been on development of the excellent custom firmwares. I was talking about development of emus specifically for the device, and that although a lot of emus have been compiled, the only emu devs from the A320/GCW0 scene that are actually maintaining and optimising emus are gameblabla and Slaanesh will be porting his mame4all.

However it is nice to see that new emu devs are contributing to make the device better.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 01:03:09 am by eltehero »

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2019, 04:23:26 am »
Alright guys, i am very ashamed because i broke save states in SMS Plus GX.
It was caused by multiple issues, which all started with a work that should have not been attempted this early.
This is now fixed of course.

Another issue that was fixed is running Fantastic Dizzy in PAL mode : HUD would not display properly.
No one noticed this issue though because the game was forced to run in NTSC mode, even though that can cause issues with this game.

Gauntlet had graphical glitches in game (These were also in ekeeke's fork), which is now fixed.

I also added Scale2x, the upscaler that attempts to improve graphics.
It is very CPU intensive and i would only recommend it for Game Gear games.

SRAM saving is fixed, this fixes games like Penguin Land when attempting to save data. (it would fail before due to an error in parsing the path)

The Colecovision is now supported :
Make sure to have the Colecovision bios called "BIOS.col" in .smsplus/bios.
You also need to make sure your colecovision games have the col extension, otherwise it will refuse to run them.
This unfortunately means that it can't run zipped CBS games because it cannot detect them.
Compatibility should be higher or similar to ColEm.

I've written two blog posts about my fork of SMS Plus GX, which you can read here :
https://blog.gameblabla.nl/2019/03/12/smssdl/
https://blog.gameblabla.nl/2019/03/08/smssdl/

Grab the new build in the first post.

Slaanesh is dead lol.... We're still waiting for his port of MAME, on any platforms.

gameblabla, can you port the latest GCW0 version of FCEUX (by dimitry smagin) to RS-97 sometime?
It was already ported by pingflood, you should find it here :
https://github.com/pingflood/FCEUX/releases/download/latest/fceux.ipk

SuperGrafx games should be able to run fullspeed now, especially since i have profiled it myself.

Anyway, there's still a lot of work to do, even on emulators...
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 04:38:23 am by gameblabla »

riverinwoods

« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2019, 06:57:07 am »
Your a legend gameblabla! We?re lucky to have peeps like u around, cheers for the work!