• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Meet the Retro Mini Arcade (RS-07)  (Read 47835 times)

JJK9

Re: Meet the Retro Mini Arcade (RS-07)
« Reply #100 on: December 12, 2018, 02:47:34 pm »
After loading Gameblabla's firmware on my RS-07, and deciding that taking the RS-07 apart isn't something I want to keep doing, I decided to mount an SD card extension from the inside SD card slot to the back of the case:
They're around ?6 on Amazon, probably cheaper on Aliexpress/etc.
I bought one of those to do the same thing only I havent added it yet as I was thinking of cutting into the plastic and mounting it inside the case and I haven't gotten around to it yet. Doing it this way is so much simpler. I bought mine from Ebay for ?1.63 and it works fine.

omgmog (OP)

• * Administrator
  • Doesn't sleep.
    • omgmog.net
« Reply #101 on: December 12, 2018, 04:37:23 pm »
Nice, just found a clone of a clone: the Retro Miniature arcade
Available on TomTom for just 30 bucks: https://www.tomtop.com/p-v5526.html
Supporting a whopping 360 FC games:

What's interesting about this is that it's an even smaller version. Here's a video comparing this to the RS-07:

<a href="https://web.archive.org/web/20210724132711/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8oPcu_ooT4" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8oPcu_ooT4</a>

<a href="https://web.archive.org/web/20210724132711/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0aubLZrJbE" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0aubLZrJbE</a>

Looks like some of them run that "XX in 1" famicom/nes software, and some have a more RS-97 style software.

The version running the RS-97 style software is called the RS-12.

It looks like the controllers are using mini USB rather than USB for the connectors too:

And a regular Nokia style battery:

« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 04:45:55 pm by omgmog »

VanZan

« Reply #102 on: December 12, 2018, 06:24:15 pm »
I ordered one of the mini minis on Aliexpress but the seller hasn't shipped yet. Has anyone opened one up? Is there a micro sd like its big brother?

ace9094

« Reply #103 on: December 13, 2018, 02:32:44 am »

What's interesting about this is that it's an even smaller version. Here's a video comparing this to the RS-07:

Looks like some of them run that "XX in 1" famicom/nes software, and some have a more RS-97 style software.

The version running the RS-97 style software is called the RS-12.

It looks like the controllers are using mini USB rather than USB for the connectors too:

And a regular Nokia style battery:

I converted the txt from the youtube video:

Retro Game Manufacturer
New product Retro Arcade Mini oversea first test view20181201

Retro Arcade Mini new product network first evaluation 20181201
You are not mistaken for the first live broadcast test at home and abroad.
Today's manufacturers offer two dedicated sample machines for DIYGameModz live broadcast! With custom DIYGameModz community LOGO!
Let us be very surprised and surprised! 😄

After the Retro Arvade FC, the manufacturer introduced a new product [Retro Arvade Mini]
3 吋 screen (320 * 240).
This machine can be played: Arcade cps1, cps2, GBA, SFC, MD, FC game.
Support TF extension function, support up to 32G!
Use 10-5 mAh of BL-5C battery!
Machine weight 0.10g
Body size: 10.5-7.0-2.2CM

At present, manufacturers have a small number of starters.
It is expected that a large number of products will be on sale in mid-December, and we will look forward to the game lovers together.
Dingoo A320, GCW0, RS-97 x2, Revo-K101, RS-90, PSP, GameGadget, New 3DS 128GB, PS Vita 200GB, RS-45, Gamebox Advance and a few other obscure devices

Nikojiro

« Reply #104 on: December 13, 2018, 02:32:16 pm »
The videos show 2 different devices. The first one is from Retrogame, and you can connect 2 of them, and it has an external microSD slot. Funnyplaying has stocked it, I'm probably going to get one soon.

The colored model is a different unit, no external microSD slot, and seems to run only 8-bit games. I like the color better though.

omgmog (OP)

• * Administrator
  • Doesn't sleep.
    • omgmog.net
« Reply #105 on: December 13, 2018, 03:26:53 pm »
Discussion for the RS-07 Mini and RS-12 should be taken here from now: https://boards.dingoonity.org/ingenic-jz4760-devices/rs-07-mini-rs-12-questions/

ace9094

« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 02:50:57 am by ace9094 »
Dingoo A320, GCW0, RS-97 x2, Revo-K101, RS-90, PSP, GameGadget, New 3DS 128GB, PS Vita 200GB, RS-45, Gamebox Advance and a few other obscure devices

omgmog (OP)

• * Administrator
  • Doesn't sleep.
    • omgmog.net
« Reply #107 on: December 23, 2018, 08:05:02 pm »
A couple more mods done to my RS-07:

• Improved the mounting of the external internal SD card slot
  • Replaced the power switch with one that's less easy to accidentally hit
  • 3D printed a cover for the old power switch hole
  • Glued the speaker in place

I mentioned previously about the SD card extension:

It's now mounted with double sided tape, and cable managed better.

The new power switch is just a 20mm panel-mount switch, it's a lot harder to accidentally turn off. I de-soldered the original switch, added two wires with crimp terminals, and then connected them to the new switch.

If you want to 3D print your own cover for the old power switch hole, you can grab it here on Tinkercad.

ace9094

« Reply #108 on: December 23, 2018, 09:41:38 pm »

I mentioned previously about the SD card extension:

It's now mounted with double sided tape, and cable managed better.

I messed up ordering mine, I manged to get Micro SD to SD extension cable.. My own fault, couldn't be bothered to set up my new bank card so used ebay   :-[ :-[  ;D ;D lol

Loving the MOD though, they look great... I just gotta find a nice glass screen protector....
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 10:05:13 pm by ace9094 »

RetroFreakPc

« Reply #109 on: December 24, 2018, 09:19:18 pm »
 Coming back to the topic, is there any posibility to implement Megadrive/Genesis emulator? and add it to the firm? how is going the mame4all porting? Thank you in advance

Merry christmas by the way, best wishes for all of you :D

naxeras

« Reply #110 on: January 08, 2019, 08:56:34 pm »
Coming back to the topic, is there any posibility to implement Megadrive/Genesis emulator? and add it to the firm? how is going the mame4all porting? Thank you in advance

The megadrive emulator would be incredible.

ahahah

« Reply #111 on: January 13, 2019, 09:50:56 pm »

why megadrive emulator is not possible whereas the other are possible?

MelLiv

« Reply #112 on: January 23, 2019, 07:59:43 am »
<a href="https://web.archive.org/web/20210724132711/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9GSuCiax6w" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9GSuCiax6w</a>

Any one see this video?

« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 08:01:53 am by MelLiv »

blackz1982

« Reply #113 on: January 23, 2019, 08:49:48 am »

why megadrive emulator is not possible whereas the other are possible?
Possible is all. Soon upload.

Отправлено с моего LLD-L31 через Tapatalk

greasehoot

« Reply #114 on: January 23, 2019, 01:46:12 pm »
I put the CFW on my Retro Arcade and it's very pretty. However, I cannot get Game Boy roms to run on it. This problem also persists on the cfw for the PAP KIII. Anyone else having this trouble?

procyon

« Reply #115 on: January 23, 2019, 02:56:32 pm »
I put the CFW on my Retro Arcade and it's very pretty. However, I cannot get Game Boy roms to run on it. This problem also persists on the cfw for the PAP KIII. Anyone else having this trouble?

Yes.  I thought it was just me, cuz I posted the exact same problem, and no one ever responded.

greasehoot

« Reply #116 on: January 23, 2019, 03:45:59 pm »
Well I guess we'll just have to cry on each other's shoulders :P

matt73

« Reply #117 on: February 04, 2019, 07:46:21 pm »
How many emulators and games come with this? I know it says 3000 games but I know Chinese companies tend to lie when it comes to these kind of things.
Its looks like a pretty cool device, wish it had a slightly bigger screen but things look pretty crisp and clear.
Some games are on multiple systems so the total amount of totally different games will be lower. You can easily add more games by plugging in a micro sd card into the back or opening the machine and adding them to the internal sd card that holds the os and roms.

Arcade CPS2 - 48
Famicom Nes - 679
Super Famicom Snes - 496
Game boy - 207
Game boy color - 166
Game boy advance - 783
Megadrive - 622
Total - 3001

The custom OS link contains more emulators but you have to provide the roms yourself, you can copy the roms from the internal sd card before overwriting it or copy the custom os to a new sd card and save the original. The only thing missing at the moment is the Megadrive emulator but overall this runs much better than stock.

fba-a320 - Arcade Neo Geo, CPS1 / 2, Cave, Toaplan and PGM
fceux - NES
gnuboy - Gameboy/Colour
gpsp - Game Boy Advance
handy - Atari Lynx
oswan - Wonderswan
Pocket Snes - Snes
sms_sdl - game gear, master system
Speccy - Spectrum
Vice - Commodore 64, C128, VIC-20, the Plus/4Commodore 64, C128, VIC-20, the Plus/4

Hi everyone,
I appreciated the great work done. Unfortunately, writing the img "Pymenu V1.6" on micro sd 16gb, then I will not have the space to insert the roms in the folders indicated. can I use only the external micro sd to load the roms? In this case the process of selecting the roms folder is very inconvenient

sorry for my bad english

RetroFreakPc

« Reply #118 on: February 04, 2019, 10:37:40 pm »
Quote from: matt73

Hi man, once you have installed the image, then you should resize the main partition, i explain myself
 When you burn the image there is lot of free space unassigned, that space you can assign it by using software like mini tool partition wizard, that will make you able to resize the main partition adding the space unassigned.

It is easy and safe, you can try,

Best regards!

matt73

« Reply #119 on: February 05, 2019, 12:39:19 am »
Quote from: matt73

Hi man, once you have installed the image, then you should resize the main partition, i explain myself
 When you burn the image there is lot of free space unassigned, that space you can assign it by using software like mini tool partition wizard, that will make you able to resize the main partition adding the space unassigned.

It is easy and safe, you can try,

Best regards!

Accurate and resolutive. Thx!

Post a new topic