Author Topic: Meet the Retro Mini Arcade (RS-07)  (Read 43466 times)

oldskoolMP

Re: Meet the Retro Mini Arcade (RS-07)
« Reply #120 on: February 17, 2019, 08:57:17 pm »
Quote from: matt73

Hi man, once you have installed the image, then you should resize the main partition, i explain myself
 When you burn the image there is lot of free space unassigned, that space you can assign it by using software like mini tool partition wizard, that will make you able to resize the main partition adding the space unassigned.

It is easy and safe, you can try,

Best regards!

Hi Guys,

Im really new to this and having a bit of an issue with this part of the process.  What's happening is that onceI write the new 1.2 image "ArcadeMini_v12_CFW" onto a new 32GB microsdi, I keep getting errors when i try to expand the drive. 

I think I may know why though, so when I tried one of the older images I would get multiple drives which windows could only access one and I coudl see a variety of folders.  The others would keep asking me to format but I would ignore.  I never tried this in the unit itself as I thought I would go straight to the new one (which was released that day funny enough).  So now what happens is that I get multiple drives which I can view in partition wizard only, but windows only displays one which in PW is called rootfs ( I cant access it in windows jusat see it).  Normally its the other FAT32 one I can see and I was able to expand it on the older image version.

So the other issue is it doesn't assign the FAT32 a letter, so when I try to assign one it wants to formart it hence losing the data I just wrote to it.  So im stuck in a bit of cycle and cant figure what im doing wrong.  I hope this kind of made sense and if anyone can give me any tips that would be great. 

ace9094

« Reply #121 on: February 17, 2019, 10:06:12 pm »
Quote from: matt73

Hi man, once you have installed the image, then you should resize the main partition, i explain myself
 When you burn the image there is lot of free space unassigned, that space you can assign it by using software like mini tool partition wizard, that will make you able to resize the main partition adding the space unassigned.

It is easy and safe, you can try,

Best regards!

Hi Guys,

Im really new to this and having a bit of an issue with this part of the process.  What's happening is that onceI write the new 1.2 image "ArcadeMini_v12_CFW" onto a new 32GB microsdi, I keep getting errors when i try to expand the drive. 

I think I may know why though, so when I tried one of the older images I would get multiple drives which windows could only access one and I coudl see a variety of folders.  The others would keep asking me to format but I would ignore.  I never tried this in the unit itself as I thought I would go straight to the new one (which was released that day funny enough).  So now what happens is that I get multiple drives which I can view in partition wizard only, but windows only displays one which in PW is called rootfs ( I cant access it in windows jusat see it).  Normally its the other FAT32 one I can see and I was able to expand it on the older image version.

So the other issue is it doesn't assign the FAT32 a letter, so when I try to assign one it wants to formart it hence losing the data I just wrote to it.  So im stuck in a bit of cycle and cant figure what im doing wrong.  I hope this kind of made sense and if anyone can give me any tips that would be great. 

As you are using a Windows machine, I recommend Mini Partition Wizard, its free and will allow you resize the partition on your SD Card. I use it and works fine for me :)
Dingoo A320, GCW0, RS-97 x2, Revo-K101, RS-90, PSP, GameGadget, New 3DS 128GB, PS Vita 200GB, RS-45, Gamebox Advance and a few other obscure devices

oldskoolMP

« Reply #122 on: February 18, 2019, 06:28:41 pm »
Thanks for the reply, im sorry but I mixed up the name, I am actually using Minitool partition wizard. Im also using SD card formatter and tried both Etcher and Winimage. 

If someone can tell me if im doing this wrong as I just treid it again on my laptop with a brand new microsd and got the same issue. 

I format the microsd using SD card formatter and have an empty FAT32 32GB micro.  (Kingston Brand)
I then write the Arcaded Mini 1.2 image to it using either etcher or Winimage (which completes succesfully)

In Minitool partition wizard I see 5 partitions:  (unallocated), G:rootfs, Linux Swap, I:FAT32 and the remaiing unallocated space (25GB or so).  In my windows explorer I can see G: and I: but cannot access either of them, it says it must be formatted.  So I cant add any games or resize the drive.

When I had the older image I did exactly the above and had the same result but also had a drive I could access (even had a handlheld device as an icon) wherer I believe i could put my roms in.  I was also able to resize the drive to easily.

am I doing the process wrong?, or am i missing something at all?.  Thanks. 

VanZan

« Reply #123 on: February 18, 2019, 06:38:13 pm »
I also had problems with the 1.2 firmware. I could not access the FAT32 partition even with RMPrepUSB.

Jutleys

« Reply #124 on: February 19, 2019, 03:54:58 pm »
I could not expand the fat32 partition? for v1.2

blackz1982

« Reply #125 on: February 19, 2019, 04:14:53 pm »
I also had problems with the 1.2 firmware. I could not access the FAT32 partition even with RMPrepUSB.
Use firmware 1.0 with applications from 1.2

Отправлено с моего LLD-L31 через Tapatalk

oldskoolMP

« Reply #126 on: February 20, 2019, 10:45:00 am »
I could not expand the fat32 partition? for v1.2

For me yes it's v1.2, the previous version I tried wrote the image fine but not so lucky with this one. 

Where can I download an older version? Also how can I get the newer apps off 1.2 as I'm unable to access the drives?.

I have ordered another microsd, different brand PNY to see if that helps.   Otherwise does anyone have any ideas or should I just hope the next update might fix it?

odjinan

« Reply #127 on: February 21, 2019, 07:15:51 pm »
next update will fix it

maximus

« Reply #128 on: February 24, 2019, 02:51:01 am »

download the V1.3, I could pass the image with win32 diskimager, I could expand the partition with mini tools partition magic, however it does not let me enter the new unit created, it asks me to perform unit formatting.
In summary I can not enter enter the new directory to install the roms.

http://i65.tinypic.com/29qmhkm.jpg

if someone can help me I would appreciate it

maximus

« Reply #129 on: February 25, 2019, 12:09:36 am »
Version 1.3.1 Same problem

download the V1.3, I could pass the image with win32 diskimager, I could expand the partition with mini tools partition magic, however it does not let me enter the new unit created, it asks me to perform unit formatting.
In summary I can not enter enter the new directory to install the roms.

http://i65.tinypic.com/29qmhkm.jpg

if someone can help me I would appreciate it

odjinan

« Reply #130 on: February 25, 2019, 08:54:37 am »
windows cant read it but you can use commander from the cfw to transfert from your external sdcard to internal sdcard.

VanZan

« Reply #131 on: February 25, 2019, 10:54:24 am »
We've been discussing it over in the other thread:

https://boards.dingoonity.org/ingenic-jz4760-devices/custom-firmware-for-the-retro-arcade-mini

Basically if you use the 1.0 firmware just replace the contents of the FAT32 partition with that of the latest 1.31 firmware.

Dmoore1736

« Reply #132 on: March 30, 2019, 10:28:15 pm »
New to the boards. I purchased the blue and white and am not dissatisfied. I did try following the instructions on how to add more roms via micro sad but it hasn?t worked. It can read the sad card but won?t launch the actual games. I?m not great with electronics so I won?t open it up and mess around with it as I don?t want to brick it. Could someone please maybe explain the process here cause maybe i?m Not understanding it properly. Thanks in advance.