Author Topic: Skin pack for GMenu2x: PS4, OldBoy, Zelda  (Read 2690 times)

m1024 (OP)

Skin pack for GMenu2x: PS4, OldBoy, Zelda
« on: February 22, 2018, 01:39:09 pm »
Pimp your RS-97 with my latest skins for GMenu2x!

This skin pack changes the appearance of GMenu2x that is included in the custom firmware for this device. Please update the skins included in the latest CFW with this new version as I keep adding icons for new emulators, games and applications. All skins support the old menu style and the new GMenuNext style.

Update 2018-07-20
- updated OldBoy skin to use brighter colors and default background
- added missing CFW 2.1 icons to OldBoy skin
- replaced pixelated OldBoy font for readability

Update 2018-06-25
- added realistic emulator icons to PS4/PSNext/PSDark skins
- new sections/apps/settings icons for PSNext/PSNextDark

Update 2018-05-08
- updated PS4 and Zelda skin to support backdrops
- tweaked contrast of PSNext/PSNextDark skins
- OldBoy does currently not support backdrops

Update 2018-04-30
- skin pack also includes the a updated version of the Zelda skin

Download
GitHub: m1024x/retrogame-skin-pack

Installation
- remove previous versions from the /skins/ folder (folders PSNext/PSNextDark/PS4/OldBoy/Zelda only)
- folders from zip file (PSNext/PSNextDark/PS4/OldBoy/Zelda) must be copied to /mnt/game/gmenu2x/skins/
- via sd card: copy folders to your external sd card and use commander app to copy them to the skins folder
- via usb: copy folders to the rom partition and use commander app to copy them to the skins folder
- go to Settings > Skin, use left/right to select skin and confirm with start
- go to Settings > Wallpaper, find the wallpaper you like the most

(you must be logged in to see the preview below)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 11:00:48 am by m1024 »
Make sure to update your skins (PS4, PSNext, PSNextDark, OldBoy and Zelda) with the latest version from time to time:
https://boards.dingoonity.org/ingenic-jz4760-devices/low-res-skins-for-gmenu2x-oldboy-zelda/

Leo-brasil

Re: Low-res skins for gmenu2x: OldBoy / Zelda
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 02:14:57 pm »
Amazing !! Your creative mind exudes elegance in your themes, congratulations got just great.

RetroMini

• RetroMini
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 05:17:38 pm »
Wow these are amazing, going to test them out right now!  8)

jutley

• Retrogamers97-90
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 05:33:05 pm »
Uploaded to the repository on my website keeping all the skins in one place.

Steward

• Steward's tutorial website
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2018, 02:51:10 am »
great job !

added into next release.
thanks very much
Steward Fu

m1024 (OP)

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2018, 07:19:57 am »
Thanks everyone! The OldBoy skin started as a simple Wallpaper and now it's the default skin on my own devive. I can already see other  people looking at the screen wondering what type of system this is...  ;D
Make sure to update your skins (PS4, PSNext, PSNextDark, OldBoy and Zelda) with the latest version from time to time:
https://boards.dingoonity.org/ingenic-jz4760-devices/low-res-skins-for-gmenu2x-oldboy-zelda/

jutley

• Retrogamers97-90
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2018, 08:28:54 am »
Going to try it my self today been so busy updating the website.

VanZan

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2018, 06:50:53 pm »
Love the Oldboy theme....unfortunately all my emulator icons are in colour and don't suit it!

m1024 (OP)

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2018, 07:37:50 pm »
@VanZan Thanks! Unfortunatelly I haven't figured out how to replace these icons (custom links?). I think @Leo-brasil is facing the same issue with his skin right now. Once resolved, I'll try to add more icons for all my skins.

It'll be a tough job, designing new icons at the same speed @Steward adds new emulators!   :P

VanZan

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2018, 08:04:04 pm »
Would it be possible to use the existing emulator icons but change their colors to match the oldboy skin?

m1024 (OP)

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2018, 08:38:08 pm »
As there are a lot of icons to be replaced, I would use the default ones or a free alternative as base anyway. Editing them to half resolution and applying the dot matrix look is still a lot of work, but I'm on it to make it complete!

m1024 (OP)

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2018, 04:37:18 pm »
Love the Oldboy theme....unfortunately all my emulator icons are in colour and don't suit it!
The latest version (download in first post, not yet in CFW 1.2) includes all icons so that you can go full dot-matrix  8)

VanZan

Re: Skin pack for GMenu2x: PS4, OldBoy, Zelda
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2018, 06:41:27 pm »
Oh brilliant thank you!! What a day! :)

Princebatman

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2018, 01:20:57 am »
The latest version (download in first post, not yet in CFW 1.2) includes all icons so that you can go full dot-matrix  8)

Can this be put on the ROM partition of the internal SD card?  If so, could you put instructions on how to apply it that way.

Thanks and awesome work!

m1024 (OP)

Re: Skin pack for GMenu2x: PS4, OldBoy, Zelda
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2018, 08:11:36 am »
I updated the installation instructions to make clear that you just need to copy it somehow.

Also added a preview of all the icons of the OldBoy skin. Some icons are based on existing icons or screenshots, but most had to be prettied up or recreated completely. A doom logo or an atari console in 16x16 is really tricky  :)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 08:29:57 am by m1024 »

Post a new topic