Author Topic: LDK Full RetroFW V1.2 (JZ4760B) updated New device themes 17/04/19  (Read 9434 times)

Caligula

Re: LDK Full RetroFW V1.2 (JZ4760B)
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2019, 02:32:21 pm »
Guess what, people! I have finally received a response to my email and a tracking number. I am curious to see how much they can cover with the newly received stock.
Seems to me that LDK's gain in popularity was unexpected.

Jutleys (OP)

• Retrogamers97-90
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2019, 08:12:01 pm »
There's nothing wrong with Retromimi they are just under heavy demand due to the bittboy and LDK thank to me :)

wen_nug

« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2019, 01:30:46 am »
Mine's got shipped too, at last. ;D

adventureFAN

« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2019, 04:59:23 pm »
But to wait 10-14 days for shipping (plus the days for shipping) is not very professional.

Do you become money from retromimi for the annoying advertisement here on Dingoonity/Discord?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 05:01:15 pm by adventureFAN »
My Handhelds: PSP Vita, PSP (1000), New 3DS, NDS lite, GB SP (without Backlight), LCL GameBoy (RPI3A+ inside), GPD XD (non-Plus) and a RS-97 with RetroFW 1.2 (3.0).

Favorite: LCL GameBoy

ChrisRR

« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2019, 10:39:13 pm »
Could anyone tell me if their volume wheel works?  I've just got mine and I can't adjust the volume with the wheel.

Edit:  I can adjust volume with the wheel when using headphones, but not with the speaker
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 12:18:07 am by ChrisRR »

Nikojiro

« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2019, 03:05:58 pm »
Could anyone tell me if their volume wheel works?  I've just got mine and I can't adjust the volume with the wheel.

Edit:  I can adjust volume with the wheel when using headphones, but not with the speaker

Mmmmh, that's a bummer... Just like the Arcade Mini. Can you at least turn off the speaker sound with the wheel?

ChrisRR

« Reply #68 on: April 02, 2019, 10:51:44 pm »

Mmmmh, that's a bummer... Just like the Arcade Mini. Can you at least turn off the speaker sound with the wheel?

No.  I tried a few things.  By default if I adjust the volume wheel then the volume doesn't change and it's super loud.
If I change the volume level to 1 in the menu (I think default is 60), then I can adjust the volume fine with the wheel.

Does anyone else have this issue or is it just my unit?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 11:11:44 pm by ChrisRR »

riverinwoods

« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2019, 05:40:20 am »
Just recieved mine and volume wheel was good on ofw, i?m Bout to get retro fw fitted out so i?ll Let u know if volume wheel is still good. Think it shldbe though as I believe it?s hard wired?

Wheel is good.... really hope we can get the other gba emulator as ipk at some point, there were games we could play on useless fw due to having both emulators to go between for these games....
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 12:05:54 pm by riverinwoods »

romanaOne

« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2019, 01:29:36 pm »
I just got my LDK and I'm really impressed. This thing is definitely not junk, but the best Retrogame handheld I've seen so far: Retromini (bad GBA emulation) and the previous candybar Retrogames (medicore/bad screens and too many similar but different hardware versions!) are not nearly as good. LDK feels very solid and the screen looks as good or maybe better than any real Gameboy Advance SP screen, even AGS-101. It is like a Gameboy Micro, but with a giant screen. Being able to remove the uSD card without a screwdriver is good too! Mine came with October 2018 Useless(?) preinstalled which was just meh.  I put the latest RetroFW on and emulators look great, especially ReGBA and ohboy.  The "Retrogame Plus" (very bad screen and bogus hype about faster processor) debacle had really discouraged my interest in this Retrogame platform so it is nice to see something very good finally come out.

finalstrider

Re: LDK Full RetroFW V1.2 (JZ4760B) updated latest releases 13/04/19
« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2019, 02:49:58 pm »
Thanks for the guide, it worked a treat the only problem I have is that my device doesn't seem to read the contents of the external Micro SD card?
I've formatted it as NTFS and Fat32 but nothing works.
It recognises that the sd card is inserted and mounted by the blue logo at the bottom of the screen but I cannot view the contents or select the roms from the emulators.

Any help would greatly be appreciated so I know where I'm going wrong.

Desbo4268

« Reply #73 on: April 13, 2019, 08:20:28 pm »
I have had my LDK for around a week now, I absolutely love it. The build quality is great and the screen is perfect.
The resolution is just right for this kind of device. The emulation capability is great and I suspect things will improve even more over the next few months.

The controls are high quality and perform well.

I highly recommend the LDK.

riverinwoods

« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2019, 12:14:41 am »
LDK Full RetroFW V1.2 (JZ4760B) updated latest releases 13/04/19

So same fw but with all the updated ipk?s?

(Ok read github) and.....Fix boot lag due to bad behaved FAT32 partition in some uSD Cards
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 12:17:38 am by riverinwoods »

Sipulka1972

« Reply #75 on: April 15, 2019, 05:45:32 am »
Thanks for the guide, it worked a treat the only problem I have is that my device doesn't seem to read the contents of the external Micro SD card?
I've formatted it as NTFS and Fat32 but nothing works.
It recognises that the sd card is inserted and mounted by the blue logo at the bottom of the screen but I cannot view the contents or select the roms from the emulators.
I have a similar problem in LDK Full RetroFW V1.2: when connected to a computer, the card is visible, but the console does not see it (on stock firmware map is visible.)

Brainscan

« Reply #76 on: April 15, 2019, 12:59:15 pm »
Hi guys, I also took this LDK GAME, it looks very interesting, maybe even better than RS-97 in quality on certain aspects! I was wondering, how are you with many hours of play? It is comfortable? :)

riverinwoods

« Reply #77 on: April 15, 2019, 10:03:11 pm »
Hi guys, I also took this LDK GAME, it looks very interesting, maybe even better than RS-97 in quality on certain aspects! I was wondering, how are you with many hours of play? It is comfortable? :)

Battery life seems bit better, doesn?t drain as bad as rs97 when switched off no details right now sorry. Seems like battery drains bit quicker with overclocks turn up on certain emulators....

I found that it?s a bit awkward for fighting games especially 6button or if u have heavy use of bumper/trigger buttons, the rs97 is much more comfortable in that respect. So arcade and psx kinda suffer depending on controller configuration... the 16 n 8 bit emulators however run maybe the best i?ve Had so far for smoothness combined with button configuration...oh except that I have had a couple issues with sticky dpad (dwn has often been stuck I think internally)....

I have rs97 old version 2.1 so not the Ingenic B chip, so it?s possible that I notice the difference in device whereas if you are running the Ingenic B chip on your rs97 with the RW firmware (latest) you might not be as impressed....

Also alot smaller than I thought it would be but the screen size doesn?t suffer....so nice n compatible for the pocket size or travel but if you have bulkier hand size or like your street fighter etc...stick with rs97 with Ingenic b chip (I think most rs97 are b chipped now anyway) but if you follow these threads you should already know not to get the rs97 plus (analog stick one)...yet?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 10:08:43 pm by riverinwoods »

Brainscan

« Reply #78 on: April 16, 2019, 12:55:55 am »

Battery life seems bit better, doesn?t drain as bad as rs97 when switched off no details right now sorry. Seems like battery drains bit quicker with overclocks turn up on certain emulators....

I found that it?s a bit awkward for fighting games especially 6button or if u have heavy use of bumper/trigger buttons, the rs97 is much more comfortable in that respect. So arcade and psx kinda suffer depending on controller configuration... the 16 n 8 bit emulators however run maybe the best i?ve Had so far for smoothness combined with button configuration...oh except that I have had a couple issues with sticky dpad (dwn has often been stuck I think internally)....

I have rs97 old version 2.1 so not the Ingenic B chip, so it?s possible that I notice the difference in device whereas if you are running the Ingenic B chip on your rs97 with the RW firmware (latest) you might not be as impressed....

Also alot smaller than I thought it would be but the screen size doesn?t suffer....so nice n compatible for the pocket size or travel but if you have bulkier hand size or like your street fighter etc...stick with rs97 with Ingenic b chip (I think most rs97 are b chipped now anyway) but if you follow these threads you should already know not to get the rs97 plus (analog stick one)...yet?

Thank you so much for the precious info!  I had the first two versions of RS-97, (I miss the last version with analog controller) but from what I've read around it has a lot of problems 😅 now I go to LDK GAME, it's too cute and well built 😍 I have my hands  big, and this scares me 😅 honestly I'm not a player who spends many hours on these portable machines .. so it could be just fine!  I read so many positive feedbacks from those who have already taken it!  I have great faith in him ❤

riverinwoods

« Reply #79 on: April 16, 2019, 08:01:08 am »
Just in case anyone was having any issues with sticky bumper buttons, I opened mine up and checked under the bumper buttons as my R1 button was sticking....
so there?s a rubber packer underneath plastic button piece which was?nt centred properly. I just repositioned it and working great now...
Note- if u open ldk there are only 4 screws but watch the speaker wiring as it will be attached to back casing when pulled apart. Not hard though...

Post a new topic