Author Topic: LDK Horizontal and Vertical difference - CPU Speed!  (Read 1860 times)

AmD911 (OP)

LDK Horizontal and Vertical difference - CPU Speed!
« on: June 22, 2019, 11:15:21 am »

I have bought the two different versions and for my devices -
Vertical one can run up to 724MHz without any crashing and
Horizontal can only go up to 636 MHz.

I believed it is a hardware issue that they decided to downgrade the hardware for the LDK Horizontal.

ChrisRR

Re: LDK Horizontal and Vertical difference - CPU Speed!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2019, 02:18:08 pm »
The square version has the JZ4760B CPU which can overclock higher.  The horizontal has the non-B version

AmD911 (OP)

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2019, 02:41:27 pm »
The square version has the JZ4760B CPU which can overclock higher.  The horizontal has the non-B version
Thanks for clarifying, nevertheless it is fairly funny to see they try to use older processors on newer manufactured machines.

In addition, many sites are still selling the horizontal one "740MHz" which is flatout a lie.

exorio

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2019, 08:05:54 pm »
Pretty dissapointing they're choosing frosted transparent. And some review said the build quality is pretty similar as LDK vertical. So for those reason, I'll pass.

riverinwoods

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2019, 10:59:40 pm »
Yea i?m Pissed that I got sucked in, Jutley said the hw was the same, obviously not....

riverinwoods

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2019, 11:15:36 pm »
Retromimi website now have specs updated as well, showing it?s not ?b? chip. Also says does not support tv out.

DieterLaser

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2019, 12:19:25 pm »
they make something better and fuck something else up. one chinese-keep-production-low-frankenstein after another

i want:
new bittboy case + possibility to change battery and sd card easily + good screen and b chip from the first LDK

DieterLaser

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2019, 02:08:49 pm »
ok, just put the b chip in the horizontal LDK and i stop bitching

((if you're helping on building these devices and reading this, congratulations on making your research right by hanging out in the forums and hopefully also on discord))

AmD911 (OP)

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2019, 06:56:42 pm »
I have asked a few Taobao (chinese ebay site) and they all told me horizontal ones run on non b version as well.

DieterLaser

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2019, 09:06:58 pm »
I have asked a few Taobao (chinese ebay site) and they all told me horizontal ones run on non b version as well.

yes ;) and thats why i won't buy a landscape version

baddog992

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2019, 08:48:04 pm »
Its annoying but the difference is 88 more for the original version. I wonder if that difference would net any more frames per second or better game play?

gameblabla

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2019, 11:15:15 pm »
Its annoying but the difference is 88 more for the original version. I wonder if that difference would net any more frames per second or better game play?
My LDK horizontal could overclock up to 656 or so, which makes it not too bad but still far away from the B revision that usually clocks around 702 ~ 726 mhz.

This revision is completely pointless and brings nothing new compared to the LDK and in fact, it's a step backward.
The analog stick spins around itself (though i've had someone else tell me it doesn't happen for him) and its mapped to the Dpad anyway,
the shoulder buttons are as tiny as the LDK vertical when they should be bigger, not to mention the fact that it is indeed a JZ4760...

It boggles my mind why they thought making this thing... perhaps to compete with the PocketGo ?

Really guys, if you like this form factor, you should go for the RS-97 anniversary edition, the fixed RS-97 Plus, the RG-300 or even just the first LDK.

davidgilmour

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2019, 11:01:58 am »
My LDK horizontal could overclock up to 656 or so, which makes it not too bad but still far away from the B revision that usually clocks around 702 ~ 726 mhz.

This revision is completely pointless and brings nothing new compared to the LDK and in fact, it's a step backward.
The analog stick spins around itself (though i've had someone else tell me it doesn't happen for him) and its mapped to the Dpad anyway,
the shoulder buttons are as tiny as the LDK vertical when they should be bigger, not to mention the fact that it is indeed a JZ4760...

It boggles my mind why they thought making this thing... perhaps to compete with the PocketGo ?

Really guys, if you like this form factor, you should go for the RS-97 anniversary edition, the fixed RS-97 Plus, the RG-300 or even just the first LDK.
Some people prefer it to the RS97

baddog992

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2019, 09:22:45 pm »
I dont like the original gameboy style. I like the gameboy advance style much better. I still own a gameboy advance. I ditched my old game boy.

supersonic

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2019, 11:20:09 pm »
I'll probably pick up the LDK landscape model to see if it has the magic combination of features I'm looking for -

I have the Pocket Go and love the vibrant colors of the IPS display but of course the 30Hz refresh rate is not great. In addition, the unit I got has some quality control issues like the menu button not registering presses half the time.

I like my RS97 Plus because of its good build quality and large battery, but the display, while being 60Hz, is not IPS and has rather washed out colors and bad viewing angles.

If the LDK manages to have a display with color reproduction somewhere in between the two, 60Hz, decent build quality and not terrible battery life, it may be "the one".
I love my | BittBoy Pocket Go - CFW 1.1 | GPD XD 32GB Blue - LegacyROM | RPi 3 B - RetroPie 4.1
ARM gadgets | RS-97 Plus - RetroFW 1.2 | 3DS XL Black | iPad 6G 32GB / iPhone SE 32GB - iOS 12

Post a new topic
Post a new topic