Author Topic: LDK Hardware Issue?  (Read 133 times)

nekooken (OP)

LDK Hardware Issue?
« on: March 26, 2020, 08:33:20 am »
I was hoping someone could help me out. I have a brand new LDK and it just won't stay on for longer than 10sec or so.  Just turns off without warning.  At first I thought it was the battery but testing with an OEM Nokia battery has the same result.  The weird thing is that in the about app the voltage is listed at say 3.6v then after 10sec it turns off then turning it back on the same voltage will read 2.6v or some other random number. I've even seen it say 4.2v! 
I should add that powering it through USB has no problems and the device can be used normally. So does anyone have any ideas?   :)

Zereth

Re: LDK Hardware Issue?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 09:45:32 am »
These batteries store up to 4.2V; voltage will drop with normal use. Most devices will stop working at about 3.3V, for having the batteries overdiscarge may damage them. 3V to 2.85V is often safe-ish. 2.6V means no good news.

If your LDK works without issues while plugged to an USB charger then the problem will either be in the batteries or in how current is drawn from the battery to the device. If you could test the batteries with other devices (or a multimeter) and see those are ok, it'll be great; positive is to the edge of the battery, negative to the center, middle was used by phones to monitor the batteries. Next, check the device battery contacts: three metal loops that touch the three plates in the battery. Check they're well aligned with the battery plates, not twisted of warped. If those are ok it might be a bad solder or a short inside the device. I hope it's not that.

nekooken (OP)

Re: LDK Hardware Issue?
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 06:49:03 pm »
Thanks Zereth, I was thinking the connection from the batter to the might be suspect, i'll have a close look to see if there's any broken solder points or anything obvious.   

Post a new topic