Author Topic: LDK Game Guide  (Read 38109 times)

KING_CHODE

Re: LDK Game Guide
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2019, 01:05:15 am »
Thanks for the detailed writeup, exorio. For those interested in a closer look at the hardware, it is worth mentioning that Steward has some good teardown pics on his site at https://steward-fu.github.io/website/handheld/ldk/teardown.htm.

Using steward's pictures, I was able to find the lcd panel for this device on panelook: http://www.panelook.com/990001260_Innolux_2.7_LCM_overview_30682.html. They have a datasheet available, which I have attached to this post was going to attach but the system doesn't like it. PM me if you want it and can't get it from Panelook.

It doesn't seem too promising in terms of potential screen upgrades though. YUV interface, 51 pins dual row, nonstandard subpixels, and "discontinued"... I don't know what's going to be out there for compatible panels. I was hoping for something more plain like 40-pin single row TTL RGB666 or RGB565... I've been out of the LCD swap game for a few years now though and I don't read mandarin, so perhaps I'm just out of touch.

Does anyone else have any suggestions or ideas for potential screen swaps for the LDK vertical? I am particularly interested to hear from:

1. The software side - Is it possible to send RGB 565 or something more conventional over the lcd output interface? Is it possible to output at a different output resolution (like true 320 x 240 RGBstripe?)

2. The shenzhen/hardware manufacturer side - Do you have any suggestions for compatible IPS or VA-style panels?

exorio (OP)

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2019, 06:26:30 pm »
Thanks for the detailed writeup, exorio. For those interested in a closer look at the hardware, it is worth mentioning that Steward has some good teardown pics on his site at https://steward-fu.github.io/website/handheld/ldk/teardown.htm.

Using steward's pictures, I was able to find the lcd panel for this device on panelook: http://www.panelook.com/990001260_Innolux_2.7_LCM_overview_30682.html. They have a datasheet available, which I have attached to this post was going to attach but the system doesn't like it. PM me if you want it and can't get it from Panelook.

It doesn't seem too promising in terms of potential screen upgrades though. YUV interface, 51 pins dual row, nonstandard subpixels, and "discontinued"... I don't know what's going to be out there for compatible panels. I was hoping for something more plain like 40-pin single row TTL RGB666 or RGB565... I've been out of the LCD swap game for a few years now though and I don't read mandarin, so perhaps I'm just out of touch.

Does anyone else have any suggestions or ideas for potential screen swaps for the LDK vertical? I am particularly interested to hear from:

1. The software side - Is it possible to send RGB 565 or something more conventional over the lcd output interface? Is it possible to output at a different output resolution (like true 320 x 240 RGBstripe?)

2. The shenzhen/hardware manufacturer side - Do you have any suggestions for compatible IPS or VA-style panels?

That's the guide I was looking for! I stumbled upon it before, but can't find the link.

Just want to point out this picture :

That dark blob is the viewing window touching the LCD screen. That's one of the annoying defect, apart from the taped silicon pad on the LR button.

Mine has that defect too, in the EXACT same location on the screen.

Using tempered glass greatly reduced this defect.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 06:35:44 pm by exorio »

exorio (OP)

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2019, 06:28:24 pm »

Clearly every unit have this taped silicon pad too (silicon with thin double tape, placed on the LR button post)

That even look worst than mine.

ace9094

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2019, 09:09:43 pm »
DOUBLE POST - Sorry - Admins please delete
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 09:29:52 pm by ace9094 »
Dingoo A320, GCW0, RS-97 x2, Revo-K101, RS-90, PSP, GameGadget, New 3DS 128GB, PS Vita 200GB, RS-45, Gamebox Advance and a few other obscure devices

ace9094

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2019, 09:18:33 pm »
Hey all,

I have created an ICO file for the LDK as mine has the icon for the RS97... Little things like that bother me hahaha

Dingoonity" border="0

Hope its useful to someone lol  ;D
Dingoo A320, GCW0, RS-97 x2, Revo-K101, RS-90, PSP, GameGadget, New 3DS 128GB, PS Vita 200GB, RS-45, Gamebox Advance and a few other obscure devices

ace9094

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2019, 10:24:55 pm »

Clearly every unit have this taped silicon pad too (silicon with thin double tape, placed on the LR button post)

Hmmm.... I thinkI might have look for an old TV remote and see if the silicon pad is decent enough to cut up...

exorio (OP)

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2019, 04:40:48 am »

Hmmm.... I thinkI might have look for an old TV remote and see if the silicon pad is decent enough to cut up...

The problem is not the silicon pad itself. And they're not contact membrane, it's just plain silicon, they're there to add a mm or so height to the button post. Nothing more. The LR buttons are switches, unlike the facebuttons.

baddog992

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2019, 10:24:55 pm »
So for those that are having huge issues like I was having getting Cannonball to run with the right ROM set. Its needs to be a certain ROM set. That ROM set is B version and it is the upright version only.. Look inside for this file.

"epr-10381b.132 file." This is file you need to check to make sure this will work correctly. Also Cannonball needs the rom folder and those files from the zip file need to be in that folder. If not Cannonball will not work. Hopefully this will help others.  The Vita version instructions seem to work for this version as well when it comes to the right rom set to work. Some one can PM if they need more help with Cannonball.

Dr_Bunsen

Rise of the Triad and Spear of Destiny
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2019, 05:41:49 pm »
Any advice on how to get Rise of the Triad and Spear of Destiny to run with full rather than shareware files? I deleted the shareware files and copied in the full files and now neither game will start.
My Portable Devices: Sega Game Gear, PSP 3000, PS Vita, Nvidia Shield Portable, GPD Win, GPD XD+, Bitboy V1, Coolboy RS-97, PAP KIII Plus, LDK Landscape, 1Up-Pix Portable Landscape (RPi 3B+), Anbernic RG-350.

exorio (OP)

Re: Rise of the Triad and Spear of Destiny
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2019, 06:06:07 pm »
Any advice on how to get Rise of the Triad and Spear of Destiny to run with full rather than shareware files? I deleted the shareware files and copied in the full files and now neither game will start.

RetroFW version of Wolf3D is a bit iffy

not sure what version would run on it, said to be GT interactive version, but I only have steam version.

Just use useless firmware if you want less headache with the native games. ROTT and Wolf3D (ECWolf) can use the full version files without problems in useless.

besides on my experience, SNES runs better on useless firmware anyway

https://jutleys.wixsite.com/retrogamers97-90/forum/questions-answers/ldk-firmware

The developers are here in the forum, and the softwares are provided for free, so I don't want to complain much.

Useless Firmware works fine for me anyway.

nappyrabbit

« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2019, 06:01:43 pm »
Thanks for the insightful guide to all things (so far) LDK

exorio (OP)

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2020, 04:26:49 pm »
so I was googling for retroFW, can't remember the github exact link

this came up

https://ldkgame.com/pages/guide

Not a word modified from this thread.

Whoever you are you could at least give a link to this thread.

I don't need the credit (I'm using my nickname here anyway).

But the board could definitely benefit from more traffic.