Author Topic: Menu written in python for RS97 and LDK  (Read 113502 times)

ace9094

Re: Menu written in python for RS97 and LDK
« Reply #280 on: July 17, 2019, 08:17:03 pm »
Drag&drop all videos you want to convert onto the convert.bat. You can drop all movies at once. It should create a folder output in the folder where the video was located containing the animated preview

Hi Jack,

I have tried to run this but it just creates an empty folder "Output"folder....

The format of video I am using is MP4.... My device is Windows 10 Pro (1903)

Any idea's what could be wrong? I will try converting the MP4 to AVI and see what happens... Does it matter which
 directory I place the folder / BAT file ?

EDIT
I tired converting to AVI, XVID, WMX3, WMV8 and WMV9 but still the same... Can someone else using a windows machine maybe give it a try if I upload the software and include a video ?

« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 10:22:30 pm by ace9094 »
Dingoo A320, GCW0, RS-97 x2, Revo-K101, RS-90, PSP, GameGadget, New 3DS 128GB, PS Vita 200GB, RS-45, Gamebox Advance and a few other obscure devices

npharper

Re: Menu written in python for K3P, RS97 and Arcade Mini
« Reply #281 on: July 17, 2019, 09:50:44 pm »
If somebody make a new firmware please insert a battery low reminder beep or screen. It's kinda annoying when I game a lot and my console suddenly turns off.
Well too bad they screwed up when they made the Arcade Mini, because there's no way to get an estimate of the battery.
You can ask Pingflood about it, he confirmed it to me. This happens even on the stock firmware.
(Btw, it's also the reason why TV out won't work : There is no way to detect if it's plugged in. You have to force it to make it work)

Is there really no way to get an estimate of the battery? The battery icon in the upper right corner seems to change all the way down to empty before the device dies. Do you know how that's being done? A "low battery" audio warning is something I'd really like to try and get working.

Jack83 (OP)

« Reply #282 on: July 18, 2019, 08:27:21 am »
Drag&drop all videos you want to convert onto the convert.bat. You can drop all movies at once. It should create a folder output in the folder where the video was located containing the animated preview

Hi Jack,

Any idea's what could be wrong? I will try converting the MP4 to AVI and see what happens... Does it matter which

EDIT
I tired converting to AVI, XVID, WMX3, WMV8 and WMV9 but still the same... Can someone else using a windows machine maybe give it a try if I upload the software and include a video ?

You should get a lot of log output to see whats wrong. Do you have spaces in the paths to the video and/or the folder the tools are?

Jack83 (OP)

« Reply #283 on: July 18, 2019, 03:58:16 pm »
Hey everyone,

I'm still working to improve pymenu. I have implemented the ability to install/uninstall ipk packages and the often  requested "Favourites" menu!

Now I need your help! I'm a very bad designer and I need the graphics for the favourites menu for the pixel and the default theme. The background image is 320x240px and the system logo is 140px wide.

CPS-I, CPS-II and Last played are also missing for the default theme. I would really appreciate it if someone with skill can make those images ;D

If I get the images, I can make an official release of pymenu

Jack

farleysmaster

« Reply #284 on: July 18, 2019, 04:06:53 pm »
Nice, uninstalling ipks is a (minor) pain.

ace9094

« Reply #285 on: July 20, 2019, 12:20:53 am »

Hi Jack,

EDIT

You should get a lot of log output to see whats wrong. Do you have spaces in the paths to the video and/or the folder the tools are?

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the reply... I removed all spaces in the video name and in the path to PyMenu toolkit... I has now created a standard JPG file not an animated AJPG file... The name is File Name = bdudes.anim.jpg

The file has unusual dimensions too:

Width = 1664
Height = 1536
Vertical DPI = 96
Horizontal DPI = 96
Bit Depth = 24
File Name = bdudes.anim.jpg

Is that correct or am I doing something wrong ?
Dingoo A320, GCW0, RS-97 x2, Revo-K101, RS-90, PSP, GameGadget, New 3DS 128GB, PS Vita 200GB, RS-45, Gamebox Advance and a few other obscure devices

Jack83 (OP)

« Reply #286 on: July 22, 2019, 12:35:20 pm »
bdudes.anim.jpg is correct. You can open the file and see all the frames that will be used. The preview is no animated jpeg (ajpg) but a large sprite sheet. Its faster to load.

"bdudes" should be the nam of the rom for the preview to work

powderpuffpoopoo

« Reply #287 on: August 03, 2019, 08:53:14 pm »
Hi Jack,

Thanks for continuing to improve pymenu!

When you get a chance, can you please allow proper sorting of titles when the gamelist filter is used?  Seems to sort by first column on the gamelist and it would display better if the third column is used for sorting.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 08:59:31 pm by powderpuffpoopoo »

farleysmaster

« Reply #288 on: September 11, 2019, 05:03:17 pm »
Anyone else experience pymenu just failing to load for no apparent reason? This has happened to me before which stops my RS97 from booting.

I've gone in, taken out the internal sd card and swapped the autoexec.sh for the backed up version so now I can get into gmenu.

I think from memory I'll have to delete pymenu, reinstall it and restore its config files which I've just backed up. Is there an easier way?

(the internal sd card is a high quality name brand card, btw)

ace9094

« Reply #289 on: October 27, 2019, 02:23:47 am »
Hi jack,

any plans to port this to the RG350?  8) ;D

_-Caleb-_

• Profile in GP32Spain
« Reply #290 on: October 28, 2019, 07:16:04 am »
Hi jack,

any plans to port this to the RG350?  8) ;D
Same question hehheeh

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 6 Pro mediante Tapatalk

- Nullum Gratuitum Prandium -
RG350 user

sailence

« Reply #291 on: November 04, 2019, 02:41:22 am »
hello some game ports is missing how to add?

« Reply #292 on: November 04, 2019, 01:31:53 pm »
the pap k3 plus links are dead
can you reupload them?

GameBoy

Re: Menu written in python for K3P, RS97 and Arcade Mini
« Reply #293 on: December 22, 2019, 05:40:02 am »
@SomeRetroGuy - can you cleanly close FBA or do you have to reboot? if you can could you show me your settings please for FBA-SDL

I have an RS-97 Rev 3.0

I have both FBA-SDL and FBAA320 installed from the bitgala server.

In GMenu2X under emulators, not systems i have the default settings for both, however i have upped the clock speed to 642.

Again in GMenu2X I have the Systems setup with CPS1 CPS2 and NeoGeo. I set them up to work directly in GMenu before I started with PyMenu. The settings are all straightforward, so paths mapped to the right paths, "Show Folders" set to off, File filter with ".zip", previews folders mapped to the previews folders. Clock speeds set to 642.

For these three systems I use FBA-SDL, not a320. This is because the roms set is for FBA 0.2.97.35.

I have an un-merged set (with seperate BIOS for neogeo in the neogeo folder) and have only a few selected games for each system.

I then tested in GMenu2X no crashes, everything works and the emu exists cleanly.

Onto PyMenu.

Installed PyMenu and then ran the installation file so it was the default boot. Rebooted the device.

For the systems I wanted to use I then set the GMenu identifier as the same name as the system in gmenu, so for cps1 the identifies is cps1, cps2 for cps2 and neogeo for neogeo. Be aware these MUST be the same names as what you entered in the systems section in GMenu2X, not whats in the Emulators section. These may be done already for you.

So the way I think this works is that PyMenu calls the entry in the systems section, and the details in that system you defined are what PyMenu executes.

I also matched the clock speed the same, so 642 for all these, set the paths and previews, Use File filter and Gameslist set to true.

After that i rebooted again and then voila, i get the standard file browser, it sees my previews and then when I exit a game it goes back to PyMenu.

I hope that helps, not sure what else to tell you to help.

Cheers.

Hi i dont understand your solution. I use the fba 320 emu and everything runs but with pymenue i cant exit the arcade emu in my case fba320. The games starts and run, but if i hit the power buttom to close the game it freezes and show only a black screen. I have to restart my ldk after every use. Without pymenu i can exit games in fba320 with the same button.

I dont understand the rensme in system section ? My fba320 is in emulator section and i dont have a system section where i can see the fba320 emu. Can you please help me ?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 05:44:04 am by GameBoy »

Jack83 (OP)

« Reply #294 on: December 27, 2019, 02:23:31 pm »
Hey guys,

after my request for help with images for PyMenu was a little disappointing, I put work on PyMenu on hold and moved on to other projects (Oculus Quest). I did not check my PMs, so for those of you who offered to help after I left, all source code and all images we have so far on github https://github.com/JackD83/PyMenu/tree/RetroFW

I did not plan on porting PyMenu to the RG350, but then Christmas happened and I got one ;D
I just tried running PyMenu and it works so far. Currently its not possible to launch any emulators due to RG350 using opk files and RetroFW 1.2 using installed IPKs. In order to get it working, parsing of the OPKs needs to be implemented and I'm not sure how I can replace the default launcher.

Before I start anything I would like some feedback if this even something that is requested.
There is a port of emulationstation?!

Jack83 (OP)

« Reply #295 on: December 31, 2019, 02:57:33 pm »
I made a pre-release for RetroFW 2.0 and the RG350

https://github.com/JackD83/PyMenu/releases/tag/v1.5.8-PRE

Have fun!

ace9094

« Reply #296 on: January 12, 2020, 04:55:45 am »

Have fun!

Interesting... Thanks for this... I hope you build up on it some more for the RG350 / PocketGo 2

Thanks again !!

SomeRetroGuy

« Reply #297 on: January 22, 2020, 03:24:28 am »
Oh man, I would love to see this running on the RG350.

PyMenu is the only menu for me.

SomeRetroGuy

« Reply #298 on: April 01, 2020, 10:28:45 am »

Have fun!

@Jack83 Hope you are well, safe and sanitized.

Now I have some more time at home Ive started playing with the 350 - any news on PyMenu??

chipbutty

« Reply #299 on: June 09, 2020, 07:32:51 pm »
Did you get this working? I have exactly the same problem. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

I've just given my daughter an IPS RG300 and she'd love to play Sonic! She hates the stock gmenu system. Thanks.

Hi there,
I have recently purchased a Retrogame RS97 HW version 3 and installed RetroFW and Pymenu, all works great but im having issues with one system.... megadrive, when i add my rom location folder i save the settings, go into that system and can see all the roms from that rom folder location, i execute one, which runs correctly...as soon as i exit the list of roms has dissappeared.

I check the rom folder location and its correct, the only way i can fix this is by setting the rom folder to something else, then back to the correct location and the roms reappear as soon as i back out and go back into the system they are gone again and have to repeat the process.

Has anybody else seen this?

I have even created a duplicate megadrive system in pymenu and it does the exact same.