• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Menu written in python for RS97 and LDK  (Read 105513 times)

ace9094

Re: Menu written in python for RS97 and LDK
« Reply #260 on: May 16, 2019, 09:49:07 pm »
Could you try this?
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IeLFNKnozr5fWr1VlubZLZ9GEleO9NtF

Drag&drop all videos you want to convert onto the convert.bat. You can drop all movies at once. It should create a folder output in the folder where the video was located containing the animated preview

I will give it a shot and let you know buddy :) Thank you for the Tool Kit, I appreciate it !!
Dingoo A320, GCW0, RS-97 x2, Revo-K101, RS-90, PSP, GameGadget, New 3DS 128GB, PS Vita 200GB, RS-45, Gamebox Advance and a few other obscure devices

simpleasy

« Reply #261 on: May 17, 2019, 07:51:26 am »
Hi@Jack83,Can't I use pymenu on the latest version of GmenuNX (0425)? It will always show lauching and can't enter
Love life, love games

DynaMight

« Reply #262 on: May 18, 2019, 01:26:04 pm »
I love PyMenu and especially the option to show box images and now 'video' snaps. I used the converter tool to convert 6,500 videos into the compatible format.

Systems included:
Atari 2600
Final Burn Alpha
Gameboy & Colour
Game Advanced
Gamegear
Lynx
Master System
Mega Drive
Neogeo
Neogeo Pocket Colour
NES
SNES

Has 99% of the games (although FBA is a little bare) but I did delete most of the Japanese games. You just need to copy the files into the rom directory in a folder called preview. Theres two types for each rom, a boxart image and a video snap. Boxart shows first for a few seconds then the video comes up. The rom name (either rom or zip file) needs to be called the same as image/video name but these are from a proper rom collection so names should match up as long as you have a proper collection of roms.

Link: https://mega.nz/#!KGgEHCRY!aYPNgE9hnL-vuAj78Gu7eopva5kJNctxDD1e6tmneUk <-- Note no roms are included!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 05:37:21 pm by DynaMight »

Jack83 (OP)

« Reply #263 on: May 21, 2019, 02:13:06 pm »
Hi@Jack83,Can't I use pymenu on the latest version of GmenuNX (0425)? It will always show lauching and can't enter

I'm sorry but I cant reproduce this. Its working fine on both my LDK and RS97 with gmenuXN 0425. You could try to reinstall PyMenu

Jack83 (OP)

« Reply #264 on: May 21, 2019, 02:44:34 pm »
I love PyMenu and especially the option to show box images and now 'video' snaps. I used the converter tool to convert 6,500 videos into the compatible format.

Systems included:
Atari 2600
Final Burn Alpha
Gameboy & Colour
Game Advanced
Gamegear
Lynx
Master System
Mega Drive
Neogeo
Neogeo Pocket Colour
NES
SNES

Has 99% of the games, but I did delete most of the Japanese games. You just need to copy the files into the rom directory in a folder called preview. Theres two types for each rom, a boxart image and a video snap. Boxart shows first for a few seconds then the video comes up. The rom name (either rom or zip file) needs to be called the same as image/video name but these are from a proper rom collection so names should match up as long as you have a proper collection of roms.

Link: https://mega.nz/#!DKgAVaaa!MKVdB11MmLf71GRatne634VpFyNFEv4WQHnexoZ6jUM <-- Note is is almost 3GB and no roms are included!

Great work on the previews! I downloaded the pack myself cause I'm still missing neo-geo previews  ;D
One remark: You should resize all pngs to 128x128 pixel. The pack contains all previews in their original size and they get resized every time they are displayed by pymenu. Thats very slow

DynaMight

« Reply #265 on: May 21, 2019, 05:39:55 pm »

Great work on the previews! I downloaded the pack myself cause I'm still missing neo-geo previews  ;D
One remark: You should resize all pngs to 128x128 pixel. The pack contains all previews in their original size and they get resized every time they are displayed by pymenu. Thats very slow

Nice one, I didnt think about that. I just grabbed the original preview images, but 128x128 loads massively faster. I've resized all the png boxart images and re-uploaded the pack. Also saves quite a bit of space!

Avigrace

« Reply #266 on: May 23, 2019, 04:28:53 pm »
**edit**

nevermind, I was being a fool!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 06:34:59 pm by Avigrace »

farleysmaster

« Reply #267 on: May 26, 2019, 03:06:25 pm »

Nice one, I didnt think about that. I just grabbed the original preview images, but 128x128 loads massively faster. I've resized all the png boxart images and re-uploaded the pack. Also saves quite a bit of space!
Ace! Downloading now (I don't have a PC, just a chromebook, so this would have been very laborious for me!).

jimmybonsaville

« Reply #268 on: May 28, 2019, 04:31:56 pm »
3 days searching and im still a bit lost on how to install this on my RS-07. I love @gameblabla and his Useless firmware so I really dont want to be flashing an older firmware or RetroFW untill it has the same level of functionality... mainly full screen and tv-out.

@Jack83  Pymenu looks ideal for the RS-07 and if theres a way of having a favourites folder...or even last played folder...im sold!! Theres a guy JL on youtube who has some great videos and ive tried watching them but still no further forward ? Ive tried installing the files supplied on this thread and official Github...still at a loss ha?? 

Og btw @DynaMight haha surely this isnt you from the VFR400 forums haha we keep bumping into each other over the years!!!

farleysmaster

« Reply #269 on: May 31, 2019, 11:45:27 am »

Link: https://mega.nz/#!KGgEHCRY!aYPNgE9hnL-vuAj78Gu7eopva5kJNctxDD1e6tmneUk <-- Note no roms are included!

This was great, by the way, although I've had to do a bunch of renaming, but that's my fault! Is there a site that this tool draws from so I can fill in the few that are missing, manually?

Jack83 (OP)

« Reply #270 on: June 01, 2019, 09:12:02 am »
@jimmybonsaville

PyMenu is currently only developed for the RetroFW and support for gameblablas UselessFW was droped. There will be a RetroFW for the RS-07 and maybe the other 480x272 device. I will then adapt PyMenu again to work on all devices.

@farleysmaster
You can get screenshots here: https://www.screenscraper.fr/ or https://emumovies.com

farleysmaster

« Reply #271 on: June 01, 2019, 02:42:24 pm »
Thanks, I did some detective work and found the screenscraper site earlier. Sadly Mario's Picross 2 is just too niche...  ;)

haplotrm

« Reply #272 on: June 05, 2019, 08:33:19 pm »
I flashed the latest RetroFw last night, then I saw this topic and decided to give a shot to Phyton Menu and menu previews. Installed the .ipk and previews too. I was going through menu, checking thumbnails and while I was checking gba previews device shut itself down with a flash on the screen and since then I couldn't be able to turn it on again  ???

After that I tried to copy backup of my working rom files, didn't work. Tried to flash fresh Fw, didn't work. I tried 3 different sd cards, downloaded both full ipk FW and basic one, still no luck...

Now I'm stuck with a device doesn't work, when I try to turn on it just shows a white flash on the screen for half a second then nothing happens. Top red led light also doesn't lit up so I suspect some kind of mainboard damage but I don't have the knowledge to identify that.

Any ideas, solutions and help very much appreciated... :'(

jimmybonsaville

« Reply #273 on: June 06, 2019, 09:48:14 am »
@jimmybonsaville

PyMenu is currently only developed for the RetroFW and support for gameblablas UselessFW was droped. There will be a RetroFW for the RS-07 and maybe the other 480x272 device. I will then adapt PyMenu again to work on all devices.

@farleysmaster
You can get screenshots here: https://www.screenscraper.fr/ or https://emumovies.com

@Jack83 Finally managed to install this via an Sd image on Youtube by J.L. Absolutely loving the experience so far!! Shame about no T.V output however. The one function i would love and im sure others would....is a favourites menu of some kind. With thousands of games its hard to keep track ha. Thanks again for some awesome work! 

LauweLoempia

« Reply #274 on: June 06, 2019, 02:29:31 pm »
I flashed the latest RetroFw last night, then I saw this topic and decided to give a shot to Phyton Menu and menu previews. Installed the .ipk and previews too. I was going through menu, checking thumbnails and while I was checking gba previews device shut itself down with a flash on the screen and since then I couldn't be able to turn it on again  ???

After that I tried to copy backup of my working rom files, didn't work. Tried to flash fresh Fw, didn't work. I tried 3 different sd cards, downloaded both full ipk FW and basic one, still no luck...

Now I'm stuck with a device doesn't work, when I try to turn on it just shows a white flash on the screen for half a second then nothing happens. Top red led light also doesn't lit up so I suspect some kind of mainboard damage but I don't have the knowledge to identify that.

Any ideas, solutions and help very much appreciated... :'(
I had a similar issue with my RS97: I it run through its battery (just leave it on for a night and the LCD backlight will drain the battery). Then fully charge it, disconnect USB and turn it on. It then functioned as normal again...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

shaft8472

« Reply #275 on: June 09, 2019, 08:55:32 pm »
You just need to copy the files into the rom directory in a folder called preview. Theres two types for each rom, a boxart image and a video snap.
I'm trying to get this to work. I must be doing something wrong. ???
So the rom file and the image files need to have the same name. I am not entirely sure where to place the image files.

RetroFW->roms\preview\>contents_of_the_snaps<

or

RetroFW->roms\GBA\preview\>contents_of_the_GBAfolder_from_snaps<

farleysmaster

« Reply #276 on: June 10, 2019, 04:13:11 pm »
Normally the preview folder is within the specific roms older (e.g. gba). But you can use any folder and set it it by editing the settings for each emulated device (press 'select' on the device selection screen)

gamepadfan

« Reply #277 on: June 25, 2019, 01:52:05 pm »
Hi there,
I have recently purchased a Retrogame RS97 HW version 3 and installed RetroFW and Pymenu, all works great but im having issues with one system.... megadrive, when i add my rom location folder i save the settings, go into that system and can see all the roms from that rom folder location, i execute one, which runs correctly...as soon as i exit the list of roms has dissappeared.

I check the rom folder location and its correct, the only way i can fix this is by setting the rom folder to something else, then back to the correct location and the roms reappear as soon as i back out and go back into the system they are gone again and have to repeat the process.

Has anybody else seen this?

I have even created a duplicate megadrive system in pymenu and it does the exact same.

michaelpegaso

« Reply #278 on: June 29, 2019, 09:53:20 pm »

Systems included:
Atari 2600
Final Burn Alpha
Gameboy & Colour
Game Advanced
Gamegear
Lynx
Master System
Mega Drive
Neogeo
Neogeo Pocket Colour
NES
SNES

Has 99% of the games (although FBA is a little bare) but I did delete most of the Japanese games. You just need to copy the files into the rom directory in a folder called preview. Theres two types for each rom, a boxart image and a video snap. Boxart shows first for a few seconds then the video comes up. The rom name (either rom or zip file) needs to be called the same as image/video name but these are from a proper rom collection so names should match up as long as you have a proper collection of roms.

Thank you very much for your work, it has helped me.

powderpuffpoopoo

« Reply #279 on: July 03, 2019, 08:02:19 pm »
is there a way(code change, etc) to sort the emulator game list menu when gamelist filter is enabled?  currently it still sorts by rom name but there are instances where name it displays from the gamelist file is totally different.  hope this makes sense ... haha.  thanks!