• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Menu written in python for RS97 and LDK  (Read 98856 times)

Jack83 (OP)

Re: Menu written in python for K3P, RS97 and Arcade Mini
« Reply #240 on: April 02, 2019, 07:06:01 pm »

Literally one tiny thing I noticed. After setting the folders to be hidden, the first selection is then a rom, the preview image wont load for the top entry until you move to another entry then back.

Yeah, still broken in 1.5.4 :( I already found the issue and it will be fixed in 1.5.5

rob1rob1

« Reply #241 on: April 03, 2019, 06:40:45 pm »
Hey @Jack83 !
Would you consider adding gameblabla's oswan emulator in the default settings of wonderswan & wonderswan color in 1.5 ?
Once again, many thanks for your great work !

farleysmaster

« Reply #242 on: April 05, 2019, 08:59:48 pm »
Weird error just started. If I go to edit a system's settings, when I press start instead of saving the settings, it loads USB storage mode. Any idea what this might be caused by?

rob1rob1

« Reply #243 on: April 06, 2019, 10:40:01 am »
Weird error just started. If I go to edit a system's settings, when I press start instead of saving the settings, it loads USB storage mode. Any idea what this might be caused by?

I had this error after quitting usb storage for the first time. Only solution I've found is to reflash the internal sdcard, and reinstall all from the begining (made a save of my roms files with commander first).
Once again, sorry for my poor english...

farleysmaster

« Reply #244 on: April 06, 2019, 02:34:32 pm »
Thanks, I would prefer not to do that.

Last night I tried to edit the settings in Glutexto but something crashed and then the device was unresponsive.

This morning I opened it up and replaced the pymenu settings file on the internal sd card, and it's working again now!

I might try editing the file on my chromebook and see if that works (to change the settings).

Jack83 (OP)

« Reply #245 on: April 07, 2019, 08:59:30 am »
The fat32 fileystem on the sdcard is very fragile some times. If pymenu just starts the usb connection, something went wrong and usb is the last resort to fix it.

You probably don't need to reflash the whole system, but a file system check and a clean copy of pymenu should resolve the issues.

I have to say that I did not have such errors since I use higher quality sdcards for internal and exrternal

SomeRetroGuy

« Reply #246 on: April 08, 2019, 07:07:27 am »
I had a similar issue, I used the built in partition checker by powering up the device then holding down the X key.

The system will then check the partitions.

I believe the issue occurs when something goes wrong and the system treats the SD card as read-only.

Issue for me was it kept happening, so I ended up making an image of the SDcard on my machine, reformatted the SD card using the SD card formatter, then i re-imaged the SD card from the backup and all was 100% after that.

SomeRetroGuy

« Reply #247 on: April 08, 2019, 07:07:49 am »

I have to say that I did not have such errors since I use higher quality sdcards for internal and exrternal

Agreed

Jack83 (OP)

« Reply #248 on: April 15, 2019, 07:59:26 am »
PyMenu Version 1.5.5

https://github.com/JackD83/PyMenu/releases/latest

- improved loading time of folders ~10x
- fixed previews not showing for first element again
- added latest emulators: jzIntv, Pok?mini, ProSystem-OD, Speccy

Jutleys

Re: Menu written in python for RS97 and LDK
« Reply #249 on: April 18, 2019, 02:51:07 pm »
Nice work jack any chance of bittboy support?

papapito

« Reply #250 on: April 18, 2019, 05:20:51 pm »
What are the current limitations and/or bugs in the PyMenu, compared to gmenunx?

Jack83 (OP)

« Reply #251 on: April 23, 2019, 12:30:05 pm »
There are currently no major bugs in PyMenu that I'm aware of. The only limitation compared to gmenu is the ability to install ipk packages. For that, I added a link in pymenu to go back to gmenu.

farleysmaster

« Reply #252 on: May 05, 2019, 02:41:50 pm »
I had another weird issue... PyMenu crashed when I quit an emulator and then would no longer start. I had to remove the internal SD card to replace the autoexec.sh from backup so that I could use the RS-97 again. I can't get PyMenu to work now (it just says 'loading'). Any idea what might cause the issue or how to fix it?

Jack83 (OP)

« Reply #253 on: May 06, 2019, 12:05:10 pm »
You probably had a file system corruption. Make sure to use a high quality sd-card and make a file system check.
To solve you problem, just delete the apps/pymenu folder and install the ipk again. Your settings probably got corrupted during the crash.

PyMenu is writing more (like last played games) onto the sd card as gmenu does. Thats why its more likely to get errors when the file system fails.

farleysmaster

« Reply #254 on: May 07, 2019, 07:26:58 am »
You probably had a file system corruption. Make sure to use a high quality sd-card and make a file system check.
To solve you problem, just delete the apps/pymenu folder and install the ipk again. Your settings probably got corrupted during the crash.

PyMenu is writing more (like last played games) onto the sd card as gmenu does. Thats why its more likely to get errors when the file system fails.
I do have a high quality card, and I ran the file system check with no issues. Deleting the apps folder and reinstalling worked though.

When I had my issue before where pymenu was always loading usb mode instead of saving settings I also noticed an issue where emulators could not save game states if I ran them in Pymenu but could save if I ran them through gmenu. It was like pymenu decided the card was read only... I think gmenu wouldn?t install ipks either. Anyway I?ve backed up the card image now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ace9094

« Reply #255 on: May 11, 2019, 07:23:58 pm »
Hi Jack,

I have finally stumbled across an application for Windows that will convert any video format to JPGV.
It was written by Rinnegatamante over at gbatemp.net and uses FFMPG so should handle any video format.

Is the "animated previews" project dead in the water or would you still like some help? I have a ton videos for almost all the systems supported , I am happy to crack on with them but obviously no point if no one is interested

Thanks
ace
Dingoo A320, GCW0, RS-97 x2, Revo-K101, RS-90, PSP, GameGadget, New 3DS 128GB, PS Vita 200GB, RS-45, Gamebox Advance and a few other obscure devices

Jack83 (OP)

« Reply #256 on: May 12, 2019, 09:38:27 am »
Animated previews are alive and well as you can see in this video:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JpfMMpgzn8" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JpfMMpgzn8</a>

The scripts are still up on my github page https://github.com/JackD83/PyMenu/tree/master/tools

The format is nothing like jpgv and does not support audio and only short video clips. File size should be similar.
I don't now if anyone besides me has ever converted videos to previews and I know that the scripts are not very easy to use. Maybe I will make a all in one package to make these previews.

ace9094

« Reply #257 on: May 12, 2019, 10:29:55 am »
Maybe I will make a all in one package to make these previews.

If you can create an all in pack for Windows 64Bit that would be great :) No worries if you do not have time, I fully appreciate how busy you guys can be  8)
Dingoo A320, GCW0, RS-97 x2, Revo-K101, RS-90, PSP, GameGadget, New 3DS 128GB, PS Vita 200GB, RS-45, Gamebox Advance and a few other obscure devices

Jack83 (OP)

« Reply #258 on: May 13, 2019, 06:42:19 pm »
Could you try this?
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IeLFNKnozr5fWr1VlubZLZ9GEleO9NtF

Drag&drop all videos you want to convert onto the convert.bat. You can drop all movies at once. It should create a folder output in the folder where the video was located containing the animated preview

Silius

« Reply #259 on: May 16, 2019, 08:32:06 am »
Animated previews are alive and well as you can see in this video:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JpfMMpgzn8" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JpfMMpgzn8</a>

The scripts are still up on my github page https://github.com/JackD83/PyMenu/tree/master/tools

The format is nothing like jpgv and does not support audio and only short video clips. File size should be similar.
I don't now if anyone besides me has ever converted videos to previews and I know that the scripts are not very easy to use. Maybe I will make a all in one package to make these previews.

I am really impressed with the roms, snapshots and videosnapshots collection shown in this video.

All the rooms perfectly named and classified, with its snapshot and videosnapshot, for most platforms!!

I would really like to have the same in my Pymenu+LDK.

Is there any downlodable source for such a great work?
Any help would be really appretiated!!!!!
Thank you very much!!
Bets regards