• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Menu written in python for RS97 and LDK  (Read 105249 times)

SomeRetroGuy

Re: Menu written in python for K3P, RS97 and Arcade Mini
« Reply #220 on: March 12, 2019, 08:40:51 am »
Hey ! Another thing I wanted to ask : is there a way to hide folders like in gmenu2x ?
I would like to see roms only and hide the folder "...", and the "previews".
Thanx !
+1

Also +1

Latest release is awesome, I'm starting to run out of things to ask for!!!

@Jack83 just wondering if the boot to loading screen for FBA SDL issue was on your radar, I totally get if not, with both FBA's installed the loading works fine with the correct settings, its just you don't have some options like screen rotation when starting the rom directly

Cheers again for the hard work!!

Avigrace

« Reply #221 on: March 12, 2019, 11:47:56 am »
@SomeRetroGuy - can you cleanly close FBA or do you have to reboot? if you can could you show me your settings please for FBA-SDL
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 11:51:23 am by Avigrace »

SomeRetroGuy

« Reply #222 on: March 13, 2019, 03:16:57 am »
@SomeRetroGuy - can you cleanly close FBA or do you have to reboot? if you can could you show me your settings please for FBA-SDL

I have an RS-97 Rev 3.0

I have both FBA-SDL and FBAA320 installed from the bitgala server.

In GMenu2X under emulators, not systems i have the default settings for both, however i have upped the clock speed to 642.

Again in GMenu2X I have the Systems setup with CPS1 CPS2 and NeoGeo. I set them up to work directly in GMenu before I started with PyMenu. The settings are all straightforward, so paths mapped to the right paths, "Show Folders" set to off, File filter with ".zip", previews folders mapped to the previews folders. Clock speeds set to 642.

For these three systems I use FBA-SDL, not a320. This is because the roms set is for FBA 0.2.97.35.

I have an un-merged set (with seperate BIOS for neogeo in the neogeo folder) and have only a few selected games for each system.

I then tested in GMenu2X no crashes, everything works and the emu exists cleanly.

Onto PyMenu.

Installed PyMenu and then ran the installation file so it was the default boot. Rebooted the device.

For the systems I wanted to use I then set the GMenu identifier as the same name as the system in gmenu, so for cps1 the identifies is cps1, cps2 for cps2 and neogeo for neogeo. Be aware these MUST be the same names as what you entered in the systems section in GMenu2X, not whats in the Emulators section. These may be done already for you.

So the way I think this works is that PyMenu calls the entry in the systems section, and the details in that system you defined are what PyMenu executes.

I also matched the clock speed the same, so 642 for all these, set the paths and previews, Use File filter and Gameslist set to true.

After that i rebooted again and then voila, i get the standard file browser, it sees my previews and then when I exit a game it goes back to PyMenu.

I hope that helps, not sure what else to tell you to help.

Cheers.

SomeRetroGuy

« Reply #223 on: March 13, 2019, 03:49:25 am »
@Jack83 I noticed one other thing.

I added Chocolate doom and have it in ports section. I have a custom icon (preview) for it, but after every reset it defaults back to no icon (preview) after setting it again it stays until reboot.

I just love what your menu has transformed this device into - amazing.

Avigrace

« Reply #224 on: March 13, 2019, 05:20:06 pm »
@SomeRetroGuy

Followed that exactly and works perfectly!!

Many thanks, now have all the systems I want working and with preview images, very happy :)

lagman

« Reply #225 on: March 14, 2019, 11:02:05 pm »
How do you exit?  Is it a key sequence?  I tried pressing the button on the left side and it just hangs on a black screen.

SomeRetroGuy

« Reply #226 on: March 15, 2019, 06:58:56 am »
How do you exit?  Is it a key sequence?  I tried pressing the button on the left side and it just hangs on a black screen.

What is it you are trying to exit? PyMenu itself, or an Emulator/app?

Most of the emulators have a specific key combo, these can often be found out by selecting the emu and pressing "Y" on the gamepad as there are often some instructions. Others have help built into the emu/app once it is launched.

To exit PyMenu you need to select the power icon in the bottom right and choose Launch GMenu.

Cheers.

SomeRetroGuy

« Reply #227 on: March 15, 2019, 06:59:20 am »
@SomeRetroGuy

Followed that exactly and works perfectly!!

Many thanks, now have all the systems I want working and with preview images, very happy :)

Glad I could help ;)

lagman

« Reply #228 on: March 15, 2019, 04:38:08 pm »

Most of the emulators have a specific key combo, these can often be found out by selecting the emu and pressing "Y" on the gamepad as there are often some instructions. Others have help built into the emu/app once it is launched.

To exit PyMenu you need to select the power icon in the bottom right and choose Launch GMenu.

Cheers.

I'm wondering how to exit fba.  If I launch fba from pymenu and select a game, there doesn't seem to be any key sequence that will allow me to exit back to pymenu.  Should the button on the left side of the RS-97 kill the emu and bring me back to pymenu?  When I push that I just get a black screen until I force reset.

Avigrace

« Reply #229 on: March 15, 2019, 08:29:00 pm »

Cheers.

I'm wondering how to exit fba.  If I launch fba from pymenu and select a game, there doesn't seem to be any key sequence that will allow me to exit back to pymenu.  Should the button on the left side of the RS-97 kill the emu and bring me back to pymenu?  When I push that I just get a black screen until I force reset.

That's what I had but after following the guide @SomeRetroGuy posted above it now works, pressing the power button opens the menu where you can exit.

lagman

« Reply #230 on: March 16, 2019, 07:34:25 pm »
Ok I got it to work now.  Thanks!

Also, has anyone gotten TV out to work on pymenu or gmenu?  Or is it not supported at all in the FW?

gameblabla

« Reply #231 on: March 16, 2019, 07:50:59 pm »
Also, has anyone gotten TV out to work on pymenu or gmenu?  Or is it not supported at all in the FW?
Ok I got it to work now.  Thanks!

TV Out isn't supported on the RS-97 due to reluctance by the main kernel dev.
Here's what he said about TV out :
Quote from: TonyJih
No tvout for retroFw for now
It pretty useless and costs more ram

Sadly i have access to the source code and it won't be trivial to merge back TV Out support...
which is why i'm still using the old kernel based for the Arcade Mini.

So yes, on the K3P & Arcade Mini there's still TV Out support. (but performance is worse due to the lack of newer improvements. Also no source for K3P)
⚠ WARNING ⚠
If you are using any of my forks, emulators or ports, you are being influenced by propaganda !

SomeRetroGuy

« Reply #232 on: March 21, 2019, 09:27:31 am »
@Jack83 just wondering if you are planning to do any further updates.

I am giving a unit to my mate for his birthday and was just wondering on hiding folders in the rom selection screen and the previews in the ports section.

If you are done, no problem, but I want to make it as foolproof as possible.

Jack83 (OP)

« Reply #233 on: March 22, 2019, 12:59:49 am »
Yes, I do plan further updates. Previews are already fixed, was just a typo. Hiding the ".." folder if you are in the root selection folder is also implementer. I won't implement hiding of other folders though. I think that it's a bad organization if you mix ROM and previews in the same folder. Is gmenu relying on this? I keep my previews and roms in different folders.

I am currently on a business trip, so it will be awhile to the next release.

SomeRetroGuy

« Reply #234 on: March 22, 2019, 05:48:05 am »
Yes, I do plan further updates. Previews are already fixed, was just a typo. Hiding the ".." folder if you are in the root selection folder is also implementer. I won't implement hiding of other folders though. I think that it's a bad organization if you mix ROM and previews in the same folder. Is gmenu relying on this? I keep my previews and roms in different folders.

I am currently on a business trip, so it will be awhile to the next release.

I dont think GMenu relies on it per se, but the option to hide all folders in GMenu means it does not matter where the preview are kept.

I use this: https://github.com/m1024x/retrogame-preview-guide

It creates the previews folder etc... in the roms folder itself which makes it very Gmenu friendly. I dont mind either way, moving the previews and then changing the folder in the setup is easy enough.

Great to hear the other bits and pieces are fixed, have a good trip, and thanks again for the hard work.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 07:25:58 am by SomeRetroGuy »

leonvanbon

« Reply #235 on: March 22, 2019, 07:31:11 pm »
@Jack83 First of all, congrats for such a great work! totally amazing

What's in my opinion is missing is an "Add to favorites" option with a "Favorites" sections. Is possible to implement that feature?
There are so many cool games to try that Last Played section is not enough. With that option PyMenu would be simply perfect.

Thanks!

Jack83 (OP)

« Reply #236 on: March 31, 2019, 11:12:52 am »
https://github.com/JackD83/PyMenu/releases/tag/v1.5.3

Version 1.5.3
- fixed previews of native items where not stored
- added limit of folder selection
- added list wrapping
- added hiding of sub folders in selection folder
- added race-od and dingux-cap32 link in config
- added default volume to configuration
- improved loading time of PyMenu

@leonvanbon favorites is on my list but requires some larger changes

rob1rob1

« Reply #237 on: April 01, 2019, 10:11:33 am »
Wow, Awesome work !
Thanks a lot Jack83 :)

rob1rob1

« Reply #238 on: April 01, 2019, 06:51:50 pm »
hey !
I'm trying to play wonderswan's games with the oswan emulator (by gameblabla). It works with gmenu2x but not with  Pymenu. I've trie to modify wonderswan parameters with no luck. Can you help me with theses parameters ?
Thanks !
 Edit : Solved ! You have to enter "oswan" in the gmenu identifier, then reboot, and it works.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 07:15:23 pm by rob1rob1 »

SomeRetroGuy

« Reply #239 on: April 02, 2019, 07:29:22 am »
https://github.com/JackD83/PyMenu/releases/tag/v1.5.3

Version 1.5.3
- fixed previews of native items where not stored
- added limit of folder selection
- added list wrapping
- added hiding of sub folders in selection folder
- added race-od and dingux-cap32 link in config
- added default volume to configuration
- improved loading time of PyMenu

@leonvanbon favorites is on my list but requires some larger changes

Amazing - this is such an awesome update!!!

Volume control amazing!!

Literally one tiny thing I noticed. After setting the folders to be hidden, the first selection is then a rom, the preview image wont load for the top entry until you move to another entry then back.

You're making it really hard to find things with an issue now!!

thanks so much for the amazing work.

Post a new topic