Author Topic: Menu written in python for RS97 and LDK  (Read 113388 times)

SomeRetroGuy

Re: Menu written in python for K3P, RS97 and Arcade Mini
« Reply #180 on: March 06, 2019, 01:58:13 pm »
Yeah, definitely not my ROMs. They all work perfectly in FBA SDL in Gmenu. Given I can?t even get FBA to launch in Pymenu I might try reflashing the card and starting again.

FYI the name for FBA SDL is exactly ?fba-sdl? so maybe update that as well. Are you using the releases from the bitgala server?

Also the volume adjustment keeps staying at 42 now which is still a bit quiet on most games. Any chance you could up it in the next release?

Thanks again for the hard work.

Avigrace

« Reply #181 on: March 06, 2019, 08:33:41 pm »
I have the same FBA issues as SomeRetroGuy, I have the entry matching my gmenu link name and it doesn't run or even get to the roms list, it just shows a black screen for a few seconds then back to menu, works fine in gmenu.

Also my sound is cutting out after a while and I have to reboot or jump back to gmenu and back for it to come back, on the latest 1.5.1 version.

Otherwise it's a really neat front end and I just wish I had some preview images to go with it, is it possible to have the rom list default to the full screen view without having to press 'Y' every time?

*edit* found        options["useSidebar"] = False
in MainMenu.py
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 08:38:09 pm by Avigrace »

k0en

« Reply #182 on: March 06, 2019, 08:55:57 pm »
FBA definitely not adding on my Pymenu.
So my edit menu entry :
Name : FBA
Gmenu Identifier : FBA SDL
Description : Final Burn Alpha
Background Image : fba.png
Icon : fba.png
Folder icon (32x) : fba.png
Use File Filter : True
Use Gamelist : False
Rom Folder : FBA.029731
Preview folder : previews
Overclock : 624 mhz

So what's wronf with my config ? Any idea.
It's ok with Mame because of good advice of SomeRetroGuy.

Thanks !

SomeRetroGuy

« Reply #183 on: March 07, 2019, 01:10:06 am »
Otherwise it's a really neat front end and I just wish I had some preview images to go with it, is it possible to have the rom list default to the full screen view without having to press 'Y' every time?

There is an excellent scraper - takes a little bit of setup, but once run it works really well:

https://github.com/m1024x/retrogame-preview-guide

I have used it for everything and it runs really well. I dont recommend it for mame as there is no preview support (and it takes forever on a full rom set, you just need to make sure your rom sets are no-intro named.

SomeRetroGuy

« Reply #184 on: March 07, 2019, 06:22:40 am »
FBA definitely not adding on my Pymenu.
So my edit menu entry :
Name : FBA
Gmenu Identifier : FBA SDL
Description : Final Burn Alpha
Background Image : fba.png
Icon : fba.png
Folder icon (32x) : fba.png
Use File Filter : True
Use Gamelist : False
Rom Folder : FBA.029731
Preview folder : previews
Overclock : 624 mhz

So what's wronf with my config ? Any idea.
It's ok with Mame because of good advice of SomeRetroGuy.

Thanks !

So for me, if you have installed FBA SDL from the ipk bitgala server linked from Jutleys, I had to do as you have described, then reboot my machine. I also added "fba-sdl" after "FBA SDL" so it looked like:

Gmenu Identifier : FBA SDL,fba-sdl

Then after a reboot it showed up for me, but it seems like there is some incompatibility between Pymenu and FBA SDL.

@Jack83 To be 100% sure i followed the following procedure to check:

? Bought a new 16GB SanDisk Ultra SD Card
? Flashed Version 3.0 of the RetroFW firmware (I downloaded the unpatched version and ran the included .bat file)
? Installed the card into the RS-97 and let it expand the partition
? Shut the RS-97 off and then copied my CPS and NEGEO roms, they are known good and work in Gmenu
? Copied the FBA SDL and Pymenu ipks over. Pymenu from your github, FBA SDL came from here: https://rs97.bitgala.xyz/00.%20Ipk%20releases/FBA-SDL.IPK
? Installed the SD card, reassembled the RS-97 and started it up
? Installed FBA SDL using Explorer
? Opened FBA SDL and confirmed it opened
? Edited my FBA SDL config to a higher overclock (642)
? Opened and confirmed it worked again, then set Rom paths for both CPS and NEOGEO and confirmed  games launch and play
? Installed Pymenu using explorer
? Restarted the RS-97
? Ran the Pymenu Install command and rebooted
? In pymenu edited the Arcade (fba) entry to the following: Gmenu Identifier : fbsasdl,fba-a320,fba-sdl
? Rebooted and now it shows up in my "Show All: false" list
? Select the entry, press "a" black screen for a few seconds then quits back to the emulator selection screen.

I am at complete loss, i followed the above by installing pcsx4all and no issues whatsoever in either pymenu or gmenu.

I hope this helps somewhat, I am having trouble finding who is responsible for putting FBA SDL together, but maybe they can help, as it could quite possibly be something in that code.

Whew, if you made it to this part of the post, thanks for reading.

rob1rob1

« Reply #185 on: March 07, 2019, 08:27:57 am »
Hey !
I have the same problem with FBA. So I tried another way.
I've ran my FBA files directly from the roms folder (like I do for SNES, Megadrive...etc.) and not with the original FBA app (don't remember the name).
And wow, it works ! Games are launched with no problem BUT quiting game don't work well : got a black screen and no return to Pymenu. So I'm forced to shutdown the RS97...

And my NeoGeo games don't work with this solution (somthing about missing sfix.sfx).

Sorry for my bad english...

Jack83 (OP)

« Reply #186 on: March 07, 2019, 01:07:11 pm »
I have no idea whats going on with fba. I have both installed from the bitgala server and its working out of the box. No need to edit identifiers (btw: Identifiers are the names of the "lnk" files in the section directory of gmenu, not the string that is shown in gmenu itself)

fba roms should launch directly without any fba menu.

I will try a fresh installation.

@rob1rob1 The error for Neo-geo is normal. One fba expects the neo-geo bios in the neogeo.zip, the other one in the game zips

k0en

« Reply #187 on: March 07, 2019, 01:20:22 pm »
@SomeRetroGuy Thanks ! it works ! but i have the same problem than you. Launch fba and black screen and return to main menu of Pymenu. No access to the rom list.
My RS97 is a 2.0 with RetroFW 1.2 and Pymenu 1.5.1

Jack83 (OP)

« Reply #188 on: March 07, 2019, 01:38:21 pm »
Ok, now I know whats going on. fba-sdl was changed. The identifier is now fba-sdl instead of just fbasdl. Another change is that it is now configured in gmenu to launch directly without any rom selection. Mixing fba-a320 which requires rom selection and fba-sdl without section in the "arcade" entry in PyMenu does not work well.

If you change the identifier in PyMenu to "fba-a320,fba-sdl", it will show the rom selection for both. 

Despite that, I have to check why fba-sdl is not starting if called without rom selector

ruffnutts

« Reply #190 on: March 07, 2019, 01:52:27 pm »
So does Pymenu work on new RetroFW?

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

SomeRetroGuy

« Reply #191 on: March 07, 2019, 01:58:08 pm »
Whew!!

I thought I was going crazy. I just installed a320 and adjusted the Gmenu identifiers and it launches from list!!

Strange that interface won?t launch, but great you?ve seen the issue.

I also have one more request re volume, it is stuck at a maximum volume which is a little low, I?ve seen the value as 42 in volume config. I tried adjusting it but it changes back. Any chance it can be upped?

Thanks again for your hard work @Jack83 pymenu makes the rs-97 an amazing experience, I showed some mates and lost their minds, I might be setting up a few more in the near future. How can I send you a beer?

SomeRetroGuy

« Reply #192 on: March 07, 2019, 01:59:01 pm »
So does Pymenu work on new RetroFW?

Yep!! @Jack83 hard work has made it awesome!

Jack83 (OP)

« Reply #193 on: March 07, 2019, 02:29:15 pm »
@SomeRetroGuy

can you try to edit BrightnessVolumeControl.py?
line  165       os.system('./setVolume 255') sets the volume.

The whole volume thing is pretty much guessing, you could try  between 600  and 1530. Be careful editing the py files! If you break the formatting PyMenu could stop to work

ruffnutts

« Reply #194 on: March 07, 2019, 02:31:58 pm »
Thanks for the answer, is it in ipk format?

rob1rob1

« Reply #195 on: March 07, 2019, 03:51:47 pm »
Yes! look at the first post of the topic ! ;)

ruffnutts

« Reply #196 on: March 07, 2019, 03:55:58 pm »
Cheers

Jutleys

« Reply #197 on: March 07, 2019, 05:18:28 pm »
@ruffnutts are you thinking what i am thinking Pymenu on the LDK lol @jack can you add support details are on my website i think the res is different.

Screen: 2.6 inch 4:3 240*320

CPU: JZ4760B mips

528mhz-740mhz

RAM: 128M DDR2

Internal memory: 16GB

Battery: BL-5C 1020 mAh

lithium battery

Jack83 (OP)

« Reply #198 on: March 07, 2019, 05:28:19 pm »
Is this device running retrofw? Then support should be possible. Thing is that I won't support any device that I don't own anymore. Its very frustrating and leads to too many bugs

ruffnutts

« Reply #199 on: March 07, 2019, 05:34:12 pm »
I was Just asking for pymenu on RS-07 retrofw and it looks like it's been done but on the LDK would be awesome, as I prefer it over gmenu as its out the arc lol, BTW thanks for your work Jack