Author Topic: Menu written in python for K3P, RS97 and Arcade Mini  (Read 12520 times)

JHale

Re: Menu written in python for K3P and RS97
« Reply #120 on: November 19, 2018, 11:55:41 pm »

Also some bugs:
1. On the main menu if I go left the right console name just appears on the right instead of scrolling in. (It does the same when I scroll right)

Good find ;D Thats the way its implemented right now. On the small screen of th RS97 this was not noticeable, but on the wider screen it is.

I dont't know about the video previews. They would be only 128x128px and probably be larger than most roms :P

Do you plan to allow XML database files to modify the names in the menu like ES? Seeing Finalburn Alpha games as the zips can be confusing to know what game you're selecting..

Jack83 (OP)

Re: Menu written in python for K3P, RS97 and Arcade Mini
« Reply #121 on: November 20, 2018, 09:15:06 am »
Its on my list. I'm thinking more like a lookup table to convert zip names to proper game names. I don't like the scanning for roms in ES.

My next step will be a "last played" category in the main menu. I'm currently quite busy at work so I'm hoping for the holidays for some spare time.

JHale

« Reply #122 on: November 26, 2018, 07:56:08 am »
I think this thread needs to be repined.. Why was it taken off?

jutley

• Retrogamers97-90
« Reply #123 on: November 26, 2018, 11:53:21 pm »
I have started working on this again RS07 then RS97 sound needs to be fixed on RS07 at the moment I have edited to suite RS07 current firmware.

LBL Gamer

• Level By Level Gaming
« Reply #124 on: November 30, 2018, 01:39:21 pm »
Hey guys, I attempted to install the PyMenu on the old K3P this morning so I can make a vid of it in action. I installed the gmenu2x, extracted the alpha2.zip beside the gmenufolder, and renamed it PyMenu. I configed to false and 480x272. all on internal sd and by instructions. run.sh crashes my k3p and install.dge loops back to commander screen. any thoughts?
Just your average 80's kid with a love for all things gaming. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN25Sl8nR2pcbikBa2ZRZvQ

Jack83 (OP)

« Reply #125 on: November 30, 2018, 03:21:11 pm »
Please use the latest master from GitHub. Alpha is way to old. I made some new changes and will write something about it soon

JHale

« Reply #126 on: December 04, 2018, 08:20:56 am »
How do I change the system order? It used to be through config/config.py but not any more..

ruffnutts

« Reply #127 on: December 06, 2018, 03:07:09 pm »
How do I change the system order? It used to be through config/config.py but not any more..

try under configs/gonfig.json using notepad ++

JHale

« Reply #128 on: December 06, 2018, 04:24:51 pm »

That's with the an older build. The new one has no option like that..

jutley

• Retrogamers97-90
« Reply #129 on: December 07, 2018, 09:09:18 am »

Go into Pymenu/config/main and change the numbers 001-002 etc to the correct orders.

ruffnutts

« Reply #130 on: December 07, 2018, 09:49:41 am »
Cool even easier lol

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

JHale

« Reply #131 on: December 07, 2018, 12:28:31 pm »

Go into Pymenu/config/main and change the numbers 001-002 etc to the correct orders.

Tried this before and no luck.. It made it more scrambled lol

jutley

• Retrogamers97-90
« Reply #132 on: December 07, 2018, 02:46:04 pm »
Then only jack83 can implement a better way to sort systems hopefully soon i did ask him.

Jack83 (OP)

« Reply #133 on: December 08, 2018, 04:45:28 pm »
Sorry for the late reply. The version jutley used in his image has a bug where the order of items was kind of random.
Please update pymenu with the latest files from here https://github.com/JackD83/PyMenu/archive/master.zip
You can keep all the folders but overwrite the *.py files with the ones from the zip.
The alphabetic order of the folders in config/main represents the order of the items in the main menu now.

Dhelix

« Reply #134 on: December 08, 2018, 11:48:31 pm »
Sorry for the late reply. The version jutley used in his image has a bug where the order of items was kind of random.
Please update pymenu with the latest files from here https://github.com/JackD83/PyMenu/archive/master.zip
You can keep all the folders but overwrite the *.py files with the ones from the zip.
The alphabetic order of the folders in config/main represents the order of the items in the main menu now.

So, if someone wanted to order them specifically they could put numbers in front of the folders to arrange the layout that way?

I haven?t had my unit arrive yet so I can?t play around but I was wondering if the menu typefaces are pulled from specific folders where the typeface images are held and if so... is there a way for someone to change something like Megadrive logo to the North American Genesis logo?

Similarly, in the alpha2 video you posted I noticed that the background image for the Super Famicom looked more like my SNES as a kid (the one on the right below) whereas the one for the Super Nintendo looked more what I associate as my overseas impression of the SNES/super famicom.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D8XlVy8AcSo

I would likely switch those background images if the software allowed for it so I?m wondering if that is possible? Is it as that the menu is referencing a folder with an image for both the menu font and another image for the background and if those images change then the background or type font image changes?

Just wondering about those areas out of curiosity.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 12:29:17 am by Dhelix »

JHale

« Reply #135 on: December 09, 2018, 07:29:14 pm »

Thank you! This worked!

Two more issues with the RS-07... There's no TV out options and external controllers doesn't work within PyMenu..
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 08:24:08 pm by JHale »

Jack83 (OP)

« Reply #136 on: December 10, 2018, 09:37:46 am »
Two more issues with the RS-07... There's no TV out options and external controllers doesn't work within PyMenu..

I don't own a RS-07, fixing those two things will be hard

@Dhelix using your own images is possible, you can select an alternate image in the menu
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 09:40:08 am by Jack83 »

JHale

« Reply #137 on: December 10, 2018, 01:24:03 pm »

I don't own a RS-07, fixing those two things will be hard

@Dhelix using your own images is possible, you can select an alternate image in the menu

If you want you can make a small app and send it to me to capture logs? Just an idea.

Dhelix

« Reply #138 on: December 10, 2018, 01:30:27 pm »
Jack, I?m sure everyone completely understands your situation with Py menu. You made it primarily as a more aesthetically pleasing, elegant and simplified front end for your own personal RS-97 and then thankfully shared it with the world for free.

Then, these new units came out that you don?t have and aren?t likely to get which have new features that the RS-97 didn?t. You?ve tried to help those who wanted to try Py menu on those devices where you could but without knowing the devices the same way you do the RS-97 and with so many other things going on (multiple versions of the RS-97 exist as it is already) it?s completely understandable that you won?t be able to provide support for all of the devices that could possibly run it so that all main features work and that even if you wanted to try and help with that... replies will obviously be delayed since this is complimentary work you?re doing on the side of everything else you have on the go.

Put simply, you (and all of the developers here) don?t owe us anything but your work here is great and has already started to spread and will continue to as more discover it because it really modernizes and simplifies how the RS-97 presents. Thank you for your efforts!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 01:32:56 pm by Dhelix »

JHale

« Reply #139 on: December 10, 2018, 01:42:52 pm »
Jack, I?m sure everyone completely understands your situation with Py menu. You made it primarily as a more aesthetically pleasing, elegant and simplified front end for your own personal RS-97 and then thankfully shared it with the world for free.

Then, these new units came out that you don?t have and aren?t likely to get which have new features that the RS-97 didn?t. You?ve tried to help those who wanted to try Py menu on those devices where you could but without knowing the devices the same way you do the RS-97 and with so many other things going on (multiple versions of the RS-97 exist as it is already) it?s completely understandable that you won?t be able to provide support for all of the devices that could possibly run it so that all main features work and that even if you wanted to try and help with that... replies will obviously be delayed since this is complimentary work you?re doing on the side of everything else you have on the go.

Put simply, you (and all of the developers here) don?t owe us anything but your work here is great and has already started to spread and will continue to as more discover it because it really modernizes and simplifies how the RS-97 presents. Thank you for your efforts!

Yes I agree to all this. Thank you Jack83 for everything!

I need to continue to learn Python so I can help him with his code for the RS-07

Post a new topic