Author Topic: Menu written in python for RS97 and LDK  (Read 115191 times)

Jutleys

Re: Help wanted! New menu written in python for K3P and RS97
« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2018, 09:01:28 am »
I suppose i can do a internal one :)

Jutleys

« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2018, 10:16:00 am »
PyMenu R3 internal v1.0 & v2.0 systems only

97Next_v2.1_Final_internal_PyMenu_R3_v1.0_v2.0_systems_only.7z

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ed0CJtz1FrlzgtLlPX03WxlddstsssC_/view?usp=sharing

Jutleys

« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2018, 03:49:15 pm »
firmware v2.1_Final_PyMenu_R3_External only all systems

this uses jack83 PyMenu i have all the emulators working and setup all you do is add the roms enjoy
jack83 pushed  some new updates and working file linking so games like doom etc can link to wads now renamed some games

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q969jrhDsIsyYxfnId0UTvfUcq_akIfk/view?usp=sharing

Yan

« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2018, 01:58:20 pm »
Thanks mate.

ps: it seems that you changed the font file in your firmware(s) from the original gmenu2x with a smaller ttf file. However, this change makes the chinese, korean and japanese translation not work properly. Would you please keep the original one?

Jutleys

« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2018, 02:43:26 pm »
I did not change it maybe Ping_flood had to change it but hopefully it can be added back into gmenu2x if you copy from the working release.

pingflood

« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2018, 02:48:37 pm »
I did not change it maybe Ping_flood had to change it but hopefully it can be added back into gmenu2x if you copy from the working release.

In GMenuNX, the Default Skin font was reverted back couple releases ago, supporting CKJ again.

But it only works if isn't in use a skin with custom font.

If the skin have a custom font, that font will be used instead.

Edit: By the way, GMenu subject isn't related with this thread. So, sorry to OP by hijacking his post. Any new question or bug report related with GMenu, please use the correct specific topic.  ;)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 08:23:22 pm by pingflood »

riverinwoods

« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2018, 12:18:13 am »
Is this going to be for K3P at some point or is everyone just rs97 now? Love the K3P but it seems the tide is just saturating rs97.... should I just get one of those now? any thoughts...?

greasehoot

« Reply #67 on: August 08, 2018, 12:13:53 am »
I do like both. The rs 97 is better though. I like the bigger screen on the pap but it just doesn't emulate as smoothly. I am using the new firmware just released by lbl gaming. On the rs 97 I'm running the useless CFW. Its sweet and smooth. A few bugs here and there but fantastic little device. Just what I was looking for. Get one before they boost the price.

riverinwoods

« Reply #68 on: August 08, 2018, 06:48:43 am »
I do like both. The rs 97 is better though. I like the bigger screen on the pap but it just doesn't emulate as smoothly. I am using the new firmware just released by lbl gaming. On the rs 97 I'm running the useless CFW. Its sweet and smooth. A few bugs here and there but fantastic little device. Just what I was looking for. Get one before they boost the price.
Yup ordered one....still hoping we can get something like useless running on the k3p...the bigger screen rules but just lack of push from community. Oh well rs 97 it is.....for now.

bobdobbs

« Reply #69 on: September 27, 2018, 12:07:10 am »
About navigation - (this applies to all emulators, but maybe can help this menu)

It can be tricky getting back to the games you like

- It would be good to have a way of starring games and then seeing a list of just the starred ones.
- Saving where you are scrolled to in all menus would be handy.

It can be tricky navigating really long lists when you know the first letter.. not sure what a good solution is here, probably needs some experimentation, but you could imagine having something on the right of the list that divides the alphabet into (arbitrary number) 10.

(apologies for yahoo answers link :D ) -
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20060907041541AABBCrL

I should probably have a play with the python code on my PC, haven't put new firmware on rs97 yet.

Jack83 (OP)

« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2018, 11:10:59 am »
I just pushed an updated version of PyMenu to github that works with the uselessRS97 firmware. Its currently the only firwmare that has active development and its the only firmware I will support from now on.

Code and instructions can be found here:
https://github.com/JackD83/PyMenu

The configuration is still the old config for the old firmware, you have to change it yourself!

Something like favorites or last played games would be nice. If I get the time I will see what I can do.
The long lists of games can be navigated using the should buttons very fast.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 11:13:41 am by Jack83 »

Jutleys

« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2018, 05:59:21 pm »
Nice work :)

gameblabla

« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2018, 06:28:54 pm »
Nice work btw.
Does it install python in /usr/bin though ? If so then, i'm afraid your installer will fail to work over external,
because there's only 3 Mb of space available on the rootfs.
It's smaller than the internal image so it could fit inside the RAM and avoid issues with flashing..

I guess another alternative would be to just extract it somewhere in the FAT32 partition and use the PATH variable.
Unless that's what you're doing already ? I'm not sure exactly how you're doing this.
⚠ WARNING ⚠
If you are using any of my forks, emulators or ports, you are being influenced by propaganda !

Takenove83

« Reply #73 on: October 05, 2018, 03:36:43 am »
Confirming it currently does not work over external.

Jack83 (OP)

« Reply #74 on: October 05, 2018, 07:34:29 am »
Does it install python in /usr/bin though ? If so then, i'm afraid your installer will fail to work over external,
because there's only 3 Mb of space available on the rootfs.

It resides in /usr/bin and /usr/lib. It could be possible to load it using PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but the problems are the symlinks. Those do not work on the fat32 partition and I would have to alter the python installation somehow. Don't know it thats possible. Another option would be a small image and loop back mounting, but I could not get that to work the last time I tried

Jack83 (OP)

« Reply #75 on: October 05, 2018, 03:48:08 pm »
I just pushed a new version to github. I resolved all symlinks and used LD_LIBRARY_PATH. I have only tested it on my internal fw, but you don't need to install python anymore. Can someone with the external fw test it?

Takenove83

« Reply #76 on: October 05, 2018, 10:34:09 pm »
Running "apps/PyMenu/run.sh" freezes the system for me on external (1.3 with service pack 2)

ace9094

« Reply #77 on: October 05, 2018, 11:55:06 pm »
Confirming it currently does not work over external.

Oh No... Hopefully that will be fixed :) I may have to try installing internal firmware for now :)
Dingoo A320, GCW0, RS-97 x2, Revo-K101, RS-90, PSP, GameGadget, New 3DS 128GB, PS Vita 200GB, RS-45, Gamebox Advance and a few other obscure devices

ace9094

« Reply #78 on: October 06, 2018, 12:02:23 am »
@ Jack83 - WOW... GREAT WORK... Looks really nice...

Couple of questions if I may :)

1) Any plans to fix this for external users ?

2) Have you considered creating a version for the RS-07 once when / if Useless firmware is released or would this work?

PS: Nice work on the xbox Visionary layout... Any plans to release that or is it a personal project for yourself? (I used to do LOTS of artwork stuff for Vision on the coinops forum)

Thanks
ace
Dingoo A320, GCW0, RS-97 x2, Revo-K101, RS-90, PSP, GameGadget, New 3DS 128GB, PS Vita 200GB, RS-45, Gamebox Advance and a few other obscure devices

Jack83 (OP)

« Reply #79 on: October 06, 2018, 07:26:06 am »
Running "apps/PyMenu/run.sh" freezes the system for me on external (1.3 with service pack 2)

Crap. Ok, time to install the external fw. Its probably only a path thats wrong. My RS97 is starting to fall appart from opening all the time  ???

@ace9094
PyMenu already supports the resolution of the RS-07 as it was intended for the PAP K3 Plus with the same resolution. But I fear that it will be very slow in the main menu without any optimaziation.

The xbox visionary layout is no layout of my own. I just made a automatic scraper for the videos from youtube based on your installed games. After XBMC4Gamers was released it became obsolete. There is a pack out there with a preview video of all 1000+ games and artwork. (15gb)

Post a new topic
Post a new topic