Author Topic: Menu written in python for RS97 and LDK  (Read 118028 times)

naxeras

Re: Menu written in python for K3P, RS97 and Arcade Mini
« Reply #160 on: January 30, 2019, 12:02:54 pm »
If somebody make a new firmware please insert a battery low reminder beep or screen. It's kinda annoying when I game a lot and my console suddenly turns off.
Well too bad they screwed up when they made the Arcade Mini, because there's no way to get an estimate of the battery.
You can ask Pingflood about it, he confirmed it to me. This happens even on the stock firmware.
(Btw, it's also the reason why TV out won't work : There is no way to detect if it's plugged in. You have to force it to make it work)

It is possible add a menu for select the tvout option?

Regards,

gameblabla

« Reply #161 on: January 30, 2019, 02:36:19 pm »
It is possible add a menu for select the tvout option?
It would be possible on GmenuNX (though it isn't currently working for now) but dunno for pymenu, i doubt it will look as nice.
⚠ WARNING ⚠
If you are using any of my forks, emulators or ports, you are being influenced by propaganda !

ace9094

« Reply #162 on: February 10, 2019, 11:04:38 pm »
Sneak peek of animated previews. Still has some bugs and you need to convert videos to the format
<a href="https://web.archive.org/web/20221207170458/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_S9egAoQi0" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_S9egAoQi0</a>

Hi Jack,

Did this go any further? - I never managed to convert them using Windows 10 or get the software as the link was dead.

Still hopeful someone helped you with converting the videos :)
Dingoo A320, GCW0, RS-97 x2, Revo-K101, RS-90, PSP, GameGadget, New 3DS 128GB, PS Vita 200GB, RS-45, Gamebox Advance and a few other obscure devices

Segich

« Reply #163 on: February 13, 2019, 06:03:38 pm »
How soon you'll make RetroFW version of this launcher?)

Jack83 (OP)

« Reply #164 on: February 18, 2019, 08:02:54 am »
I'm currently a little busy at work, but I plan on releasing an ipk to install pymenu. Unfortunately, RetroFW includes python but not the required pygame library. Its my own fault, @pingflood send me an early build of the root fs and I did not have the time to check ???

That means I have to resort to the same "hack" as on the useLESS fw and compile it myself. Is there an repo to the buildroot config for RetroFW?

Getting pymenu to launch is one thing, configuration is another. Until now, every fw was more or less complete. We could create on configuration for pymenu that matched 99% of the installations. Now, everything is installed by the user using individual packages. That's great, but a global configuration is kinda stupid for that.

I need to change the way pymenu is configured (again) to match the installed packages. This is a little more difficult, as pymenu is merging e.g all SNES emulators in one entry and lets the user decide on launch which emulator he wants to use.

If someone has any good ideas (in terms of software implementation) let me know.

@ace9094
The previews are implemented and I converted many videos using the scripts. The software is still up on GitHub

gameblabla

« Reply #165 on: February 18, 2019, 01:12:19 pm »
That means I have to resort to the same "hack" as on the useLESS fw and compile it myself. Is there an repo to the buildroot config for RetroFW?
Tony used the stock buildroot from  February 2018 with no extra patches. This does mean it has a few bugs and does not perform as well.
It sucks that python can't be built as a static binary, would have saved a lot of trouble. So just grab the stable version and target Generic MIPS32 and hardware floating point. (not sure if ABI FPU he chose is xx or 32 though... I'm guessing he chose xx)
His rootfs uses uclibc-ng for the libc.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 01:17:25 pm by gameblabla »
⚠ WARNING ⚠
If you are using any of my forks, emulators or ports, you are being influenced by propaganda !

Jack83 (OP)

« Reply #166 on: March 03, 2019, 11:15:09 am »
Update 03.03.2019
I released a new version of PyMenu 1.5.0 for the RS97 only. You can find the ipk release here:

https://github.com/JackD83/PyMenu/releases/latest

And a user guide here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mwO_3vKUGSCf7xrVeoyC1p6he8pk8_NXFjnP8iOa7rE/edit?usp=sharing

Sarozboy

« Reply #167 on: March 03, 2019, 08:03:24 pm »
Hi Jack83, i've a bug report. The last version of pymenu (today 1.5) dosn't work on my rs97 2.1s (new processor) on  the  last Retro FW firmware, and i have totally bricked the sd trying to install pymenu as default Launcher.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 08:07:05 pm by Sarozboy »

jimbo1958

« Reply #168 on: March 04, 2019, 08:06:14 am »
Update 03.03.2019
I released a new version of PyMenu 1.5.0 for the RS97 only. You can find the ipk release here:

And a user guide here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mwO_3vKUGSCf7xrVeoyC1p6he8pk8_NXFjnP8iOa7rE/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks for this Jack.....will give it a go when I get the chance.

SomeRetroGuy

« Reply #169 on: March 04, 2019, 02:09:03 pm »
Hi Jack.

Ive installed the ipk on my RS-97 Rev 3.0 and it comes up with an error while installing about the /home/ directory:

"Warning when extracting archive entry '/home/': Can't restore time"

Then when I attempt to launch it freezes the device.

I have tried reinstalling and also downloaded a fresh .ipk, same issue.

I have the RetroFW 1.0 installed.

Cheers

EDIT.....

I just realised I need the newer Firmware version. My Apologies
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 02:10:52 pm by SomeRetroGuy »

SomeRetroGuy

« Reply #170 on: March 05, 2019, 01:25:56 pm »
OK, hopefully some real feedback this time.

Firstly - wow!! It is awesome and I love it, worth setting everything up from scratch to get your interface.

So it would be great if either pymenu respected or could have parameters entered, ie pcsx4all uses "-iso $f" to open files and run them directly and without this .bin files wont load correctly after a .cue is selected.

Also after 2 hours trying I cannot get FBA SDL running.

It works correctly in GMenu, oads the interface and voila. I have edited the FBA (arcade) section in Pymenu (added "FBA SDL" to the gmenu identifier), it now shows up with the filter set to false on show all. However when I try to use it, I get a black screen for a couple of seconds and then back to the selection screen.

I have tried reinstalling both Pymenu and FBA, also changed every setting i could see. Finally I created a new section and after entering the details in, it performs the same way, black screen for a few seconds then back to the selection screen.

Is this something I can fix by editing the config files?

Any help muchly appreciated.

SomeRetroGuy

« Reply #171 on: March 05, 2019, 05:17:38 pm »
Sorry. One last thing, after I run the install script so it boots to Pymenu, the audio does not work. If I go to Gmenu then back it starts working again.

Also if I uninstall, then open Pymenu from Gmenu it works fine.

Is there any chance of a volume control for the RS-97 using a button combo? Or even a menu option?

Jack83 (OP)

« Reply #172 on: March 05, 2019, 07:24:31 pm »
Its a known issue for v1.5.0. I will provide an update soon to fix that

SomeRetroGuy

« Reply #173 on: March 06, 2019, 04:24:05 am »
Its a known issue for v1.5.0. I will provide an update soon to fix that

Awesome thanks so much, any advise on the others? I had a look through the python code, i am not super familiar, but is there a way to add parameters to the launching of apps by editing the config files directly off the sd card?

Could this also be used to fix up FBA SDL, or am I better off finding an alternative like the one here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16JRzUl5LlIXIP_Sfbb_6vPM07B1FXvL7

Jack83 (OP)

« Reply #174 on: March 06, 2019, 08:13:06 am »
I released version 1.5.1 on GitHub

Version 1.5.1

fixed update from older version resets config
added missing "param" config from gmenu, fixes pcsx4all not launching roms
fixed editing of last played theme
fixed sound issue if booting directly to PyMenu

@SomeRetroGuy
I did not see your other questions. I already fixed the parameter bug for pcsx4all in this release. As for the fba, you need the correct rom set for it to work. Some work in fba-a320 some in fba-sdl

SomeRetroGuy

« Reply #175 on: March 06, 2019, 08:18:06 am »
@SomeRetroGuy
I did not see your other questions. I already fixed the parameter bug for pcsx4all in this release. As for the fba, you need the correct rom set for it to work. Some work in fba-a320 some in fba-sdl

Holy smokes - amazing, i will install asap.

FBA SDL works fine in Gmenu, no issues at all, it wont even launch in Pymenu, you select it and it displays a black screen for a couple of seconds then exits back to the emulator select screen, i realise now my description of the issue was not great!!

So basically in Gmenu it opens and displays the FBA selection screen, there i can set it up, change rom paths etc...

In Pymenu it wont even get that far.

Ill test the new version and see if it makes a difference, thanks so much for your great work!!

k0en

« Reply #176 on: March 06, 2019, 09:01:24 am »
Hi !

Many thanks Jack for the good job on Pymenu. It's really awesome.
I have a problem too with FBA. It not appears on the launcher. i tried to add a link manual but without success. Do i forget anything ? Same issue with Mame.

Thanks a lot for your great work.

SomeRetroGuy

« Reply #177 on: March 06, 2019, 09:06:16 am »
For adding MAME you need to go to the settings at the bottom and set "Show All" to True

Then find MAME, hit select and edit

Then in the Gmenu identifier add "4all" on the end of "mame" so it says "mame4all"

hit start to save out, then you can change back the "Show all" to "false". I suggest rebooting and voila..

@Jack83

Installed and running great!

I had to adjust the volume in the config file manually as it was set to "42" and a tad quiet, but great, also PSX works a treat.

I still am having the same issues with FBA SDL, I am not sure what I am doing wrong, or if I am using the incorrect version, I have to manually edit your pre-defined entry to add the correct Gmenu Identifier as on my install it is "FBA SDL" in "emulators" and "fba-sdl" in "emulators.systems".

I've tried adding both, rebooted but just no joy.

Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?

k0en

« Reply #178 on: March 06, 2019, 09:15:36 am »
Thanks @SomeRetroGuy
I will try tonight. i have ever try to set "Show All", i have see the Mame Icon and the arcade icon but i didn't know what to get in the edit section.
Thanks.

Jack83 (OP)

« Reply #179 on: March 06, 2019, 11:45:26 am »
@SomeRetroGuy Thats the current issue with PyMenu. I need to know under which name an emulator will be installed to provide an entry automatically. I will add the "4all" in the next release.

About the FBA issue, no idea. Both fba ports work for me with the rom set I have, but not both on all roms.

@k0en you can press select in the main menu to open the options for that entry

Post a new topic
Post a new topic