Author Topic: Menu written in python for K3P, RS97 and Arcade Mini  (Read 18450 times)

naxeras

Re: Menu written in python for K3P, RS97 and Arcade Mini
« Reply #160 on: January 30, 2019, 12:02:54 pm »
If somebody make a new firmware please insert a battery low reminder beep or screen. It's kinda annoying when I game a lot and my console suddenly turns off.
Well too bad they screwed up when they made the Arcade Mini, because there's no way to get an estimate of the battery.
You can ask Pingflood about it, he confirmed it to me. This happens even on the stock firmware.
(Btw, it's also the reason why TV out won't work : There is no way to detect if it's plugged in. You have to force it to make it work)

It is possible add a menu for select the tvout option?

Regards,

gameblabla

« Reply #161 on: January 30, 2019, 02:36:19 pm »
It is possible add a menu for select the tvout option?
It would be possible on GmenuNX (though it isn't currently working for now) but dunno for pymenu, i doubt it will look as nice.

ace9094

« Reply #162 on: February 10, 2019, 11:04:38 pm »
Sneak peek of animated previews. Still has some bugs and you need to convert videos to the format
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_S9egAoQi0" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_S9egAoQi0</a>

Hi Jack,

Did this go any further? - I never managed to convert them using Windows 10 or get the software as the link was dead.

Still hopeful someone helped you with converting the videos :)
Dingoo x2, GCW0, RS-97 x2, Revo-K101, RS-90, PSP, PSP Go, GameGadget, New 3DS 128GB, PS Vita 200GB RS-45, Gamebox Advance and a few other obscure devices

Segich

« Reply #163 on: February 13, 2019, 06:03:38 pm »
How soon you'll make RetroFW version of this launcher?)

Jack83 (OP)

« Reply #164 on: February 18, 2019, 08:02:54 am »
I'm currently a little busy at work, but I plan on releasing an ipk to install pymenu. Unfortunately, RetroFW includes python but not the required pygame library. Its my own fault, @pingflood send me an early build of the root fs and I did not have the time to check ???

That means I have to resort to the same "hack" as on the useLESS fw and compile it myself. Is there an repo to the buildroot config for RetroFW?

Getting pymenu to launch is one thing, configuration is another. Until now, every fw was more or less complete. We could create on configuration for pymenu that matched 99% of the installations. Now, everything is installed by the user using individual packages. That's great, but a global configuration is kinda stupid for that.

I need to change the way pymenu is configured (again) to match the installed packages. This is a little more difficult, as pymenu is merging e.g all SNES emulators in one entry and lets the user decide on launch which emulator he wants to use.

If someone has any good ideas (in terms of software implementation) let me know.

@ace9094
The previews are implemented and I converted many videos using the scripts. The software is still up on GitHub

gameblabla

« Reply #165 on: February 18, 2019, 01:12:19 pm »
That means I have to resort to the same "hack" as on the useLESS fw and compile it myself. Is there an repo to the buildroot config for RetroFW?
Tony used the stock buildroot from  February 2018 with no extra patches. This does mean it has a few bugs and does not perform as well.
It sucks that python can't be built as a static binary, would have saved a lot of trouble. So just grab the stable version and target Generic MIPS32 and hardware floating point. (not sure if ABI FPU he chose is xx or 32 though... I'm guessing he chose xx)
His rootfs uses uclibc-ng for the libc.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 01:17:25 pm by gameblabla »

Post a new topic
Post a new topic