Here's the first public release of GMenuNext.
The motivation behind this project is to make GMenu2X take a Next
step, bringing it from the past, which core was idealized more than 10 yeas ago, to present, with a more modern look and function.
This first release have a lot of "behind the scenes" small adjustments in code, but here are some highlights:
- New main menu layout, with a section bar on the left and items in list, inspired in concept designed by @m1024
in the first post of this thread;
- Retouched every screen to make all system cohesive;
- Alternative selector browser, allowing you to load previews of your games;
- Navigate page up/down with directional left/right;
- New variable for skin designers;
- New set of "Next" skins by @m1024
.How to install:
You can use the executable as standalone replacement or all the package as an update of current GMenu2X.
But is *STRONGLY*
recommended that you have a backup of your files and current GMenu2X setup. Also, have enough knowledge to recover the backup if something goes wrong or if you simply prefer the older GMenu2X.
In short, you have to:
- Make a copy of your current GMenu2X folder (e.g., copy to "gmenu2x-old")
- Extract this zip over current GMenu2X folder, making sure to replace all files with the newer ones.
In this version there's no section links nor gmenu2x.conf file, so your current configs will not be overwritten.
Please, have in mind this is still a testing
version. Use it at your own risk.
If you find any issue, please report with all details as possible and we will try to solve.
With many thanks to @m1024
for all the patience while testing this version and @Steward_Fu
for all the hard work done in porting old GMenu2X to RS-97.
Hope you enjoy.