Author Topic: GMenuNext - Let's make GMenu great again!  (Read 11288 times)

pingflood

Re: GMenuNext - Let's make GMenu great again!
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2018, 01:55:52 pm »
So this is not fully working yet right?

Not ready yet for public release, because it can break current skins.

I'm still having some feedbacks to make it work properly and will release binary and source code as soon as possible.

m1024 (OP)

« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2018, 02:34:45 pm »
About not breaking current skins: Do you mean adding and/or changing settings in skin.conf files?

If the value wasn't there in the first place and is initialized with a calculated/default value, we should better not change such a skin.conf at all and leave it up to the creator of the skin to find the best value. So no one trying the new menu out has to worry about his skin configs getting messed up  :)
Make sure to update your skins (PS4, PSNext, PSNextDark, OldBoy and Zelda) with the latest version from time to time:
https://boards.dingoonity.org/ingenic-jz4760-devices/low-res-skins-for-gmenu2x-oldboy-zelda/

pingflood

« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2018, 02:55:04 pm »
About not breaking current skins: Do you mean adding and/or changing settings in skin.conf files?

If the value wasn't there in the first place and is initialized with a calculated/default value, we should better not change such a skin.conf at all and leave it up to the creator of the skin to find the best value. So no one trying the new menu out has to worry about his skin configs getting messed up  :)

The missing values are initialized with default values.

If the value exists, it will not be overwritten.

But GMenu saves all new missing values to skin.conf.

Since this version is in development, some variables comes and go, and writing to skin.conf is disabled to prevent adding trash to current skin.conf.

bartimeaus

« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2018, 03:11:24 pm »
The missing values are initialized with default values.

If the value exists, it will not be overwritten.

But GMenu saves all new missing values to skin.conf.

Since this version is in development, some variables comes and go, and writing to skin.conf is disabled to prevent adding trash to current skin.conf.

Possible to write to something like skin_other.conf?

Jutleys

• Retrogamers97-90
« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2018, 04:09:36 pm »
Much better than the last build looking polished now all the skins seem fine now as they fit the screen properly now. Also wallpapers are working fine to the dpad works great now for scrolling with left and right great work. I like the way everything is in alphabetical order now great stuff. If all the current skins can have the same universal font sizes as the Next skin that would be great. testing for bugs.......

Update screenshot feature working great this is a much awaited feature i have allways asked for thank you.

hiei

« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2018, 10:49:17 pm »
Much better than the last build looking polished now all the skins seem fine now as they fit the screen properly now. Also wallpapers are working fine to the dpad works great now for scrolling with left and right great work. I like the way everything is in alphabetical order now great stuff. If all the current skins can have the same universal font sizes as the Next skin that would be great. testing for bugs.......

Update screenshot feature working great this is a much awaited feature i have allways asked for thank you.

The clock/date should be also added (is it already there?) so there are no problems with RTC games

m1024 (OP)

« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2018, 07:43:47 am »
By request: Full screen version of the dekthro wallpaper (hope dekthro is ok with that).
Make sure to update your skins (PS4, PSNext, PSNextDark, OldBoy and Zelda) with the latest version from time to time:
https://boards.dingoonity.org/ingenic-jz4760-devices/low-res-skins-for-gmenu2x-oldboy-zelda/

Jutleys

• Retrogamers97-90
« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2018, 08:49:15 am »
Aha thanks it all fits nicely now great work ;)

m1024 (OP)

« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2018, 10:06:17 am »
Here's the first version of the PSNext and PSNextDark skins. PS4 skin has also been updated to look good with the new design  8)

Both should be fully compatible with the 'classic design' of GMenu2x. As the classic design doesn't have a background overlay the light grey icons of the PSNetxt skin require different background.

Skin pack on GitHub: Link

bartimeaus

« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2018, 10:26:52 am »
Here's the first version of the PSNext and PSNextDark skins. PS4 skin has also been updated to look good with the new design  8)

Both should be fully compatible with the 'classic design' of GMenu2x. As the classic design doesn't have a background overlay the light grey icons of the PSNetxt skin require different background.

Not getting it to load properly. I still get the default layout. Any ideas?

Jutleys

• Retrogamers97-90
« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2018, 10:32:12 am »

Are you trying it on the Nextgmenu?

bartimeaus

« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2018, 10:32:29 am »
Because these are for the Nextgmenu only.

Ah, so the skins are released but not the menu

bartimeaus

« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2018, 10:32:59 am »

Are you trying it on the Nextgmenu?

Nextgemenu isn't released yet right?

Jutleys

• Retrogamers97-90
« Reply #75 on: April 19, 2018, 10:58:52 am »
Okay all tested and working great nice work m1024 ;)

hiei

« Reply #76 on: April 19, 2018, 11:25:10 am »
Well, however all of them need to be reworked to look as expected with the vertical bar, expecially the first one, the zelda one and the last one.

Jutleys

• Retrogamers97-90
« Reply #77 on: April 19, 2018, 11:33:04 am »
Well, however all of them need to be reworked to look as expected with the vertical bar, expecially the first one, the zelda one and the last one.

These are the reworked ones?

m1024 (OP)

« Reply #78 on: April 19, 2018, 12:07:53 pm »
Nice screenshots @jutley ! They somehow look way better than mine...  ::) :)

I released the PSNext and PSNextDark skins already, because they are compatible with both GMenu designs ('classic' and 'next'). Only the OldBoy and Zelda skins are not updated for the new design yet, as all wallpapers have to be changed. PS4 skin got a small update.

When GMenuNext is released it will probably have some skins included. We could even update some older skins to be compatible with both designs (tricky, but possible). Changing the design from classic to next will be easy and will not break anything: Only the gmenu2x file has to be replaced. You can even name it gmenu2xNext and execute it via explorer or commander.

Jutleys

• Retrogamers97-90
« Reply #79 on: April 19, 2018, 12:16:12 pm »
Nice screenshots @jutley ! They somehow look way better than mine...  ::) :)

I released the PSNext and PSNextDark skins already, because they are compatible with both GMenu designs ('classic' and 'next'). Only the OldBoy and Zelda skins are not updated for the new design yet, as all wallpapers have to be changed. PS4 skin got a small update.

When GMenuNext is released it will probably have some skins included. We could even update some older skins to be compatible with both designs (tricky, but possible). Changing the design from classic to next will be easy and will not break anything: Only the gmenu2x file has to be replaced. You can even name it gmenu2xNext and execute it via explorer or commander.

We were beta testing a screenshot feature last night Pingflood and me we got it working so he is going to impliment a key conbination for it those are the screenshots.

Post a new topic