• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: GMenuNext - Let's make GMenu great again!  (Read 25262 times)

papapito

Re: GMenuNext - Let's make GMenu great again!
« Reply #100 on: May 06, 2018, 10:22:15 pm »
Any chance the Linux RTC could be written at startup?
I think there's some C++ functions for doing just that that could be implemented in GmenuNext/Gmenu2x. Just create a function that could be called when selecting an icon (like the "Shutdown" icon) or run at startup that would present a popup where the user could select a date and time.

This would be great for Pokemon games and others that rely on the RTC function. The emulators already support such function out of the box (PocketSNES, OhBoy, gpSP, for example).

A useful link:
https://github.com/karelzak/util-linux/blob/master/sys-utils/hwclock.c

It also seems (according to the Ingenic JZ4760 datasheet) that an RTC can be hardware implemented, needing only a pair of resistors and a capacitor in some pins of the SoC. Is this implemented in the RS97? Are there any available schematics from the console?

EDIT:
It seems that a simple "stime()" to change the system time would be enough for the emulators. If this is implemented you could even "cheat" by forcing the system time before opening the desired emulator (forcing a night cycle on Pokemon G/S/C, using that series as an example again)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 10:46:46 pm by papapito »

papapito

« Reply #101 on: May 12, 2018, 08:20:49 pm »
Is gmenunext (and gmenu2x) running in user or superuser mode?

pingflood

« Reply #102 on: May 12, 2018, 09:29:52 pm »
Is gmenunext (and gmenu2x) running in user or superuser mode?

Sorry, my friend. I don't own a RS97, so I don't know the answer.  :-[

Hope someone else can help..

papapito

« Reply #103 on: May 12, 2018, 09:38:42 pm »

Sorry, my friend. I don't own a RS97, so I don't know the answer.  :-[

Hope someone else can help..
[/quote]

And does it have the CAP_SYS_TIME flag?

ruffnutts

« Reply #104 on: May 14, 2018, 10:12:57 pm »
surely box art is not 128x128?

m1024 (OP)

« Reply #105 on: May 15, 2018, 08:11:41 am »
surely box art is not 128x128?

I use screenshots instead of box art. If you use Universal XML Scraper to create/download the preview images and set a size of 128x128 the actual size depends on the aspect ratio of the related system, but the width will always be 128.
Make sure to update your skins (PS4, PSNext, PSNextDark, OldBoy and Zelda) with the latest version from time to time:
https://boards.dingoonity.org/ingenic-jz4760-devices/low-res-skins-for-gmenu2x-oldboy-zelda/

ruffnutts

« Reply #106 on: May 15, 2018, 01:20:30 pm »
Cool thanks for the info

Sent from my MIX using Tapatalk

VanZan

« Reply #107 on: May 26, 2018, 01:30:08 pm »
I much prefer the layout of the old GMenu personally...not offence intended. Am I right that the main reason for the GMenuNext layout is primarily to support game previews? I think I saw that the old GMenu would put the game title over the image.

pingflood

« Reply #108 on: May 26, 2018, 02:24:59 pm »
I much prefer the layout of the old GMenu personally...not offence intended. Am I right that the main reason for the GMenuNext layout is primarily to support game previews? I think I saw that the old GMenu would put the game title over the image.

Yes, the old gmenu supports game previews.

You can use it by just replacing the binary with old binary, as all the config files are compatibles  ;)

pingflood

« Reply #109 on: June 03, 2018, 07:49:48 pm »
New GMenuNext release is out:

**2018.06.03** (*Codename: McFly.*)
* New Date & Time settings:
   * Allow to set system's date and time (works until reboot);
* Fix bug when returning from app/emu to GMenuNext;
* Fix bug with Select combo key triggering context menu;
* Add new Volume slider control (SELECT + L):
   * Now you can control volume via software and hardware;
* Auto load available Manual files on start;
* Use the same app backdrop in Manual reader;
* Save Last Selection properly remember latest Section and Link;
* Updated some translatable text strings;
* Support loading and converting ancient skin files with separated RGBA components;
* Search for icon/backdrop/manual named as app linkname and foldername;
* Live skin:
   * Auto update layout and spacing on change;
   * Auto update font color and size on change;
* Allow set CPU clock values between 210 and 642 MHz (safe range);
* New lightweight font;
* New button input routine - try to improve button presses and repeats;
* Adjusts in titlebar text position;
* Add Korean translation, thanks to [@haven-jeon](https://github.com/haven-jeon);
* Batch of internal changes and bug fixes.

https://github.com/pingflood/GMenuNext/releases/tag/2018-06-03

Please report any bug or issue you find and I'll take a look as soon as possible.

chevette

« Reply #110 on: June 03, 2018, 10:37:40 pm »
Thanks pingflood for this new release. Power off / suspend is not working for me. The screen flashes a few times, goes white, then black with a few pixels lit. The unit does not turn off (green power LED stays on). Happens from pushing the power button and shutdown within the menu.

chevette

« Reply #111 on: June 04, 2018, 01:59:57 pm »
Update - Power off function works fine with v2.1 RS97, but does not work with v1.0. (very strange)

pingflood

« Reply #112 on: June 04, 2018, 10:30:33 pm »
Update - Power off function works fine with v2.1 RS97, but does not work with v1.0. (very strange)

Thanks for the report. It seems the v2.1 have different CPU clock limits than v1.0.

Next version will use different value ranges and will fix this problem with suspend in v1.0.

Jutleys

« Reply #113 on: June 05, 2018, 05:00:32 pm »
I think we had this problem when the first version of firmware came out when Steward done the release. Soon after a gmenu2x fix was posted to resolve the issue https://rs97.bitgala.xyz/05.%20os_patches/ @ PingFlood these may give you some info on the values as the fix was for screen not waking up issue only for some units. To all please do not add this fix to your firmwares only for illustration purpose thanks.

pingflood

« Reply #114 on: June 05, 2018, 06:02:45 pm »
I think we had this problem when the first version of firmware came out when Steward done the release. Soon after a gmenu2x fix was posted to resolve the issue https://rs97.bitgala.xyz/05.%20os_patches/ @ PingFlood these may give you some info on the values as the fix was for screen not waking up issue only for some units. To all please do not add this fix to your firmwares only for illustration purpose thanks.

Thx for the info @jutley .
The issue is fixed in the beta shared @discord and I hope to be all ok in next release.

VanZan

« Reply #115 on: June 24, 2018, 05:19:53 pm »
Would it be possible to add an option to switch to the 4x5 icon view that the old GMenu had? I suppose not but you never know until you ask!

pingflood

« Reply #116 on: June 25, 2018, 01:28:28 am »
Would it be possible to add an option to switch to the 4x5 icon view that the old GMenu had? I suppose not but you never know until you ask!

Hi @VanZan ,

I can't say it's impossible, but unfortunately I can't bring back the grid menu for now, as code has changed a lot since original fork to make it as list and it would have do be undone to walk back.  ???

The way it is now, there's no simple way to just have an option in menu to toggle between list or grid.

Gmenu is very limited and to have this as option there's need to rewrite a lot of code. I can't do that too soon.

But as it was discussed on early releases, for those who likes the old layout, the good news is the legacy GMenu2X still there, working as it always worked  ;)

I told @jutley if people prefer legacy GMenu2X, I see no problem and will not be upset or sad if you guys choose to bundle that version as default launcher in next fw releases  ;)

Hope you understand..  :-[
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 03:10:00 am by pingflood »

VanZan

« Reply #117 on: June 25, 2018, 12:50:57 pm »
Sure I understand. Thanks for the detailed answer!

Post a new topic
Post a new topic