Author Topic: GCW Zero  (Read 373 times)

LauweLoempia (OP)

GCW Zero
« on: January 08, 2019, 04:28:31 pm »
I purchaced a GCW Zero from Retro Gaming Fanatic: https://retro-gaming-fanatic.com/
Besides a automated order confirmation I did not got any confirmation that the order was actually being processed or the unit shipped. When contacting them by email I do not get any response....

Did anyone actually buy a GCW Zero from them and got the unit? Is Retro Gaming Fanatic trustworthy?

blackz1982

Re: GCW Zero
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 04:33:03 pm »
Gcw zero not produce. Its dead.

Отправлено с моего LLD-L31 через Tapatalk

beldandy561

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 04:45:35 pm »
The GCW Zero has not been manufactured for 3 to 4 years and has no support for it other than the occasional post here on the Dingoonity forums.

I think you may have gotten scammed or they may have come into so NEW OLD stock of the units.

Just a Heads up.

Surkow

• * Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 05:21:05 pm »
The reseller is not a scammer. He simply hasn't received stock yet from GCW LLC. My guess it's related to not having sufficient funds to start a new production run until enough orders have been made.

LauweLoempia (OP)

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 07:23:59 pm »
Thanks everyone for the input. From what I have gathered here the GCW Zero seems to be the best Dingux based system at the moment so I thought I give it a shot. I don't mind to wait a bit, but if indeed it has not been in production for 4 years I think I can best cancel the CC payment...

And I guess there is no other reseller that has some stock left... or is there?

lemmywinks

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2019, 08:47:14 pm »
Get a refund, although Fanatic isn't a scammer people have been having issues so maybe he is having cash flow problems as he is having to refund people out of his own pockets. The guy behind GCW is a scammer though and he has taken Fanatic's money and only given him empty promises and fake shipping dates in return.

Thread here:
https://boards.dingoonity.org/gcw-general/gcw-zero-up-for-preorder!!-100-units-available!/
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, Pap KIII-Plus, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket, PSP Go
PC:
HP Envy M6
Acer 522
Psion 5 & 5MX

LauweLoempia (OP)

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2019, 10:25:47 pm »
Ouch, so much drama!  :o I've hesitated for to long to get the latest unit from EvilDragon but was glad I found the only other retailer.... sad to read that this device goes down in history in so much drama. I remember reading very positive reviews

Well, at least I still got my RS-97  ;)

Post a new topic
Post a new topic