Author Topic: Nintendo GBA & GPA SP Clones (SHELL) with Ingenic inside  (Read 6067 times)

hiei (OP)

Nintendo GBA & GPA SP Clones (SHELL) with Ingenic inside
« on: May 05, 2019, 05:38:46 pm »

Thanks to kryswade, a320.emulate.su and Obscure Handhelds I have found that exists some old GBA shell clones with ingenic inside.

- A generic GBA clone - JZ4725 [?]

- A generic GBA SP clone - JZ4755 [?]

- DVTech Pocket - JZ4740

- GAMEBOX ADVANCE (not the EXEQ one) - JZ4755 (like the home version, the GAMEBOX)

- Game G100 (Bina Vadaat) - JZ4725B

For regular ingenic devices you should check the Ingenic Devices Guide instead!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 08:37:44 pm by hiei »

kryswade

Re: Nintendo GBA & GPA SP Clones (SHELL) with Ingenic inside
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2019, 06:03:02 pm »
i think that the game g100 and the dvtech pocket (only in russia) is the ones that you can still get nowadays. The game g100 is actually on aliexpress with many sellers selling them. It's actually a nice console, such a pity it can't read original cartridges

exorio

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2019, 06:14:40 pm »
Would these run RetroFW/Useless firmware too?

Anyway I've been looking to get a retro handheld for a very long time.

I don't like clamshell, since they seems very flimsy and the hinge would be worn out with usage. I like the GBA micro and the original candybar GBA, but why only 4 buttons (ab and LR). Yes, the original GBA does that, and probably these companies took the moulds/cases from GBA case factory or some sort.

4 buttons is the bare minimum, up to neo-geo games, but placing the other 2 on the shoulder is kind of uncomfortable. Capcom games would require 6 buttons specially the fighting series.

LDK is the sweet spot IMO, everything from the price to size to hardware. It's just near-perfect for me. And now I read that the creator are currently designing the sequel. Glad I didn't bought the clear version! Probably will save some money for the next version.

Would love to see other kind of ingenic handheld console, in candybar formfactor. Of course there's RS-97. The "cartridge" was almost a deal breaker for me. But as soon as I see mini USB port, I was turned off instantly.

Any other devices you found apart from these and within your sticky topic?

hiei (OP)

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2019, 06:37:13 pm »
i think that the game g100 and the dvtech pocket (only in russia) is the ones that you can still get nowadays. The game g100 is actually on aliexpress with many sellers selling them. It's actually a nice console, such a pity it can't read original cartridges

Well, it could always get a cfw...

Anyway I've been looking to get a retro handheld for a very long time.

I don't like clamshell, since they seems very flimsy and the hinge would be worn out with usage. I like the GBA micro and the original candybar GBA, but why only 4 buttons (ab and LR). Yes, the original GBA does that, and probably these companies took the moulds/cases from GBA case factory or some sort.

4 buttons is the bare minimum, up to neo-geo games, but placing the other 2 on the shoulder is kind of uncomfortable. Capcom games would require 6 buttons specially the fighting series.

LDK is the sweet spot IMO, everything from the price to size to hardware. It's just near-perfect for me. And now I read that the creator are currently designing the sequel. Glad I didn't bought the clear version! Probably will save some money for the next version.

Would love to see other kind of ingenic handheld console, in candybar formfactor. Of course there's RS-97. The "cartridge" was almost a deal breaker for me. But as soon as I see mini USB port, I was turned off instantly.

Any other devices you found apart from these and within your sticky topic?

If we can get a unit to send to the devs yes, they can get something else running on them like OpenDingux or RetroFW.

There are some other interesting handhelds in the wild, but not ingenic ones. Just wait and you will see them spawning quite soon :)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 06:46:31 pm by hiei »

exorio

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2019, 07:13:49 pm »
There are some other interesting handhelds in the wild, but not ingenic ones. Just wait and you will see them spawning quite soon :)

Not really care about the CPU, as long as it's not famiclone 9000000 in 1 kind of console lol

Got my LDK just because I saw it in my Youtube recommendation, I just found out about ingenic thingy when I got my LDK and searching about it here. It sparks my interest again on my quest for cool retro handheld consoles. Oh and it uses MicroUSB port instead of MiniUSB like the rest of them. Gopher 2 have cheesy batman like shape, would've take that as well if it's using MicroUSB.

Thanks for the list, BTW.

hiei (OP)

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2019, 08:51:05 pm »
I am going to improve this guide in the next days.

bamboori

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2019, 09:45:42 pm »
though its not a GBA clone, i got the PMP IV just laying around here. perhaps we could simply make this thread into a collection of all ingenic devices not currently supporting dingux?
Handhelds:
Powkiddy V90, FC3000, X2, LDK vertical, PMP IV, RS-90...

hiei (OP)

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2019, 09:51:27 pm »
though its not a GBA clone, i got the PMP IV just laying around here. perhaps we could simply make this thread into a collection of all ingenic devices not currently supporting dingux?

There is already this thread for every ingenic devices regardless of whether they support an OS that isn't the stock one (OpenDingux, RetroFW...) or not (stock os).
So for PMP IV related discussion the Ingenic Devices Guide is the best place :)

This thread instead is only for sneaky devices that try to be something that they aren't (unfortunately) :D
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 09:53:33 pm by hiei »

bamboori

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2019, 09:55:57 pm »
i thought that thread was only for sharing information, not general discussion ^^
Handhelds:
Powkiddy V90, FC3000, X2, LDK vertical, PMP IV, RS-90...

hiei (OP)

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2019, 09:57:39 pm »
i thought that thread was only for sharing information, not general discussion ^^

Yeah, you are right, maybe is better to keep it clean. So your thread is perfect for discussions on this device  ;)

gibberish

• Obscure Handhelds
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2019, 11:38:18 pm »
worth noting that the first link to the obscurehandhelds article is nearly 10 years old, that particular machine (and CPU / shell combo) has long since disappeared from the internet.

i dearly wish i'd kept hold of mine.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 11:55:27 pm by gibberish »

hiei (OP)

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2019, 07:29:43 am »
worth noting that the first link to the obscurehandhelds article is nearly 10 years old, that particular machine (and CPU / shell combo) has long since disappeared from the internet.

i dearly with i'd kept hold of mine.

I know, but this thread isn't about new devices only, like the Ingenic Devices Guide it is an archive for these devices.

exorio

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2019, 08:14:17 am »
These may not be GBA clones per se, but there're lots of goodies in this thread :

https://boards.dingoonity.org/spmp8000-devices/smallest-device-with-buttons-and-emulation-support/15/

Too bad most of them are out of stock (also most likely mini USB ports, eww), thread is at least 5 years old now.

This one though really caught my eyes :

is it wrong if I'm fapping to that?

Just replace the nub with dpads (or leave it with nubs, probably better for fighting games anyway), move the start select up, then you'll have LDK-like formfactor.

I hope LDK2 will have curvy shell just like that. Rawr~

hiei (OP)

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2019, 10:31:24 am »
For three days I cannot work on the guide, as soon as I can work again on this I will add additional content and fix what is already here...

ace9094

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2019, 02:33:16 am »
Great thread :)

Good question

Anyone know if there is a GBA Micro clone running an Ingenic chipset ?
Dingoo A320, GCW0, RS-97 x2, Revo-K101, RS-90, PSP, GameGadget, New 3DS 128GB, PS Vita 200GB, RS-45, Gamebox Advance and a few other obscure devices

exorio

« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2019, 09:40:54 am »
Great thread :)

Good question

Anyone know if there is a GBA Micro clone running an Ingenic chipset ?

Bittboy Pocketgo?

It's differet CPU AFAIK but as far as I see the OS is somewhat similar.

I'm currently tempted to buy it just because of the better build quality than LDK.

I'll hold it off until they iron out screen tearings, or probably pocketgo V2

aldighieri

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2021, 03:38:35 am »
Hello, i have a OLD GBASP Clone's, someone know if we already have some hack for this model?

Second, i made a custom usb mod on this gbasp, and now i can acess the internal 256mb, i deleted all the games and put new ones, i can see the game but the list still buged showing 9999 games, is it possible to "clean" the list?

Ill attach some pics, i know this GBA is old, but its cool to mod things.

L+R  > USB Storage
A+B > USB Boot Device, show as JZ4750
Select > strange screen with green lines ( see pic)

Thanks! :D

f4ckj4r

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2021, 04:51:30 pm »
Hello, i have a OLD GBASP Clone's, someone know if we already have some hack for this model?

Second, i made a custom usb mod on this gbasp, and now i can acess the internal 256mb, i deleted all the games and put new ones, i can see the game but the list still buged showing 9999 games, is it possible to "clean" the list?

Ill attach some pics, i know this GBA is old, but its cool to mod things.

L+R  > USB Storage
A+B > USB Boot Device, show as JZ4750
Select > strange screen with green lines ( see pic)

Thanks! :D

Sorry to resurrect this thread, i'm new here.. :)

I do have some of this GBA Clone model, there's a bunch in stock on my shop just want to keep it for collecting.
It had similar board model like yours, but with a little different in screen ribbon slot, but the game list menu's layout is same like mine.

If you can access the internal storage with your own modd USB cable, can you provide USB Pinout...? and the drivers to connect it to PC also, i believe the internal memory of my GBA Clone is can be access to.

Here i put some pics

Board-Side-A
Board-Side-B
Game-Menu
Package

Post a new topic