Author Topic: Game Kiddy GKD350H Handheld Game Console Release  (Read 20591 times)

lincruste

Re: Game Kiddy GKD350H Handheld Game Console Release
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2020, 09:56:40 am »

- Setting up MAME roms proper paths for the Game Kiddy GKD350H. I have my roms on my SD card and when I try to run them in with XMAME, FBA and mame4all emulators and still no luck.

This one is tricky: you can't use roms from an external SD Card. You have to copy your romset to the internal FS:

/media/roms/apps/xmame/xmame84/roms

You'll see 3 directories in "/media/roms/apps/xmame/ " and the emulator lists the first one by default, this is why after you launch the emulator, it may display nothing. Just press the R shoulder button twice to switch to the xmame84 directory and you'll see your roms.

MC808

« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2020, 11:53:32 am »
You absolutely can use ROMs on an external SD card.  In FBA you can point it to many different paths for your ROMs.  I have all of my ROMs on the external SD.

Jutleys

« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2020, 11:05:31 am »
Check out my latest review here on our blog for the new GKD350H Metal V2 handheld

https://www.rghandhelds.com/post/here-is-my-mini-review-of-the-gkd350h-metal-v2-customised-by-gamecase

gameblabla

« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2020, 12:49:36 pm »
Hey guys,
if you were considering getting a GKD350H metal or even the upcoming GKD Mini, i'm not sure if i could recommend it to you...
The beta opendingux firmware on the RG-350/RG-350M/280V/280M greatly improved performance, so much in fact that it comes close or outperforms the GKD350H...

On top of that, i found weird issues with vsync and even audio blocking not working consistently and sometimes being slower, sometimes being faster. I am unable to explain why it does that...

While it's possible that the GKD350H could run the beta FW someday, it's certainly not going to happen if they don't release the kernel & uboot source code...

That said, i still intend on ports for it from time to time so you can now find here :
https://gitlab.com/gameblabla/gameblabla-releases/-/tree/master/opk/350h

I recently ported VBEmu to it, my vb emulator based on the libretro core itself based on Mednafen by ryphecha.
Looks quite ugly without IPU unfortunately.
⚠ WARNING ⚠
If you are using any of my forks, emulators or ports, you are being influenced by propaganda !

chubbypika

« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2020, 07:33:01 am »
Thanks for porting various emulators to this device -- it wouldn't be nearly as good without them.  Though I still get the slowdown in games after opening the emulator settings in-game for a handful of systems, it's bearable for the short period that it lasts.

Actually, my major complaint with the system is that the plastic shell makes noise under normal use.  That is, actuating the ABXY buttons produces friction against the case that is very noisy.  I imagine the metal version doesn't have this issue, but I've never seen the thing in stock anywhere.

02k0

« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2020, 07:40:53 am »

officially released a couple of days ago the Game Kiddy GKD350H:

* 3.5" 320x240 pixels IPS LCD; 4:3 aspect ratio is ideal for retro gaming
* High performance、low power consumption MIPS processor   1.5GHZ
* MicroSD card slot,Maximum support 512GB TF card
* Analog joystick, D-pad, four action buttons, LR buttons and two system buttons
* A stereo headphone jack; 1W speaker with mono audio power amplifier
* Micro USB port for data copying and charging
* 2300mAh rechargeable battery ;good for 6+ hours of play
* At 150mm x 75mm and weighing 155g; it's also super-portable and will easily slip into your bag or pocket

available colors:
yellow
transparent
blue transparent
black transparent
(there also looks to be an off-white dmg style colored model in photos)

you can buy here:

aliexpress:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000489551701.html?spm=2114.12010615.8148356.2.423a5edfh2SmOY

retrogame300:
https://retrogame300.com/products/gkd-350h
I don't understand why the developer holds the source code so tightly.  Even knowing that there are people trying to work on improving the device, unfortunate.  There are people who like to lose money ...

chubbypika

« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2021, 08:58:45 am »
For those interested, I tried out some of the updated OPKs included with the GKD Mini's firmware and can verify that the FPS drop experienced before in ReGBA appears to be gone.  Also, the menu is not in English.  Fceux wouldn't work and PocketSNES didn't support ZIPs so I skipped that one.  Snes9x works but has some graphics issues when stretched fullscreen.

davidgilmour

« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2021, 10:48:29 am »
For those interested, I tried out some of the updated OPKs included with the GKD Mini's firmware and can verify that the FPS drop experienced before in ReGBA appears to be gone.  Also, the menu is not in English.  Fceux wouldn't work and PocketSNES didn't support ZIPs so I skipped that one.  Snes9x works but has some graphics issues when stretched fullscreen.

Hi, which temper version do you use on your mini? I am not happy with the way the supergrafx plays on mine. The scrolling is choppy even though it plays at 60fps.

Post a new topic