• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Game G100 / Cheap GBA SP clone issue  (Read 22895 times)

kryswade (OP)

Game G100 / Cheap GBA SP clone issue
« on: May 04, 2019, 10:06:48 am »
So, recently I bought this "nice" cheap console.
It's actually nice for the price, it's the same hardware/software as the rs90 but with the gba sp form factor.

The issue is the first time i connected the thing to my pc it corrupted the internal storage and all my internal roms disappeared, I recovered them with CHKDSK  but they are not usable on this state.

Can someone with the same console or a similar one (they were common some years ago) give me a backup of the internal storage so I can restore my console?

I leave you link of the freaking thing and some pictures with the folder structure.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32-bit-268-Retro-Children-s-Game-Console-Mini-GB-Handheld-Game-Machine-Can-Download-GBA/32992382153.html

« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 10:19:44 am by kryswade »

bopbopbop

Re: Game G100 / Cheap GBA SP clone issue
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2019, 02:37:29 pm »
Looks awesome, hope you get it fixed.

How many buttons does that thing have? Also, does it natively support anything other then GBA?

kryswade (OP)

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2019, 02:56:18 pm »
Looks awesome, hope you get it fixed.

How many buttons does that thing have? Also, does it natively support anything other then GBA?

dpad , a, b , l, r and a reset button. Yep, supports cps1, nes, snes, genesis/megadrive

LauweLoempia

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2019, 11:48:20 pm »
Interesting device! Do you know if the internals are also identical to the RS-90 (CPU & RAM?) If so, perhaps opendingux for the RS-90 might also work on this device....

kryswade (OP)

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2019, 10:03:07 am »
Interesting device! Do you know if the internals are also identical to the RS-90 (CPU & RAM?) If so, perhaps opendingux for the RS-90 might also work on this device....

I didn't open the console yet, but, from the performance of the games, I think that yes, it shares the sames specs. The cpu is the same, I checked it. The ram...i don't know. Even if it is we need a driver for the lcd, among the other things, and that's not an easy works. pcercuei made an incredibie effort.

LauweLoempia

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2019, 10:34:36 am »
Ai.. I forgot about the LCD driver. Yes, it is incredible the amount of work pcercuei has put into his opendingux release. But I like to inspect how some of these devices share component and software. So for now I group the RS-90, RS-12 and Game G100 together. And it would be cool to know if, for instance (and just speculation) the LCD in the Game G100 is the same as the RS-12....

kryswade (OP)

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2019, 11:52:52 am »
Ai.. I forgot about the LCD driver. Yes, it is incredible the amount of work pcercuei has put into his opendingux release. But I like to inspect how some of these devices share component and software. So for now I group the RS-90, RS-12 and Game G100 together. And it would be cool to know if, for instance (and just speculation) the LCD in the Game G100 is the same as the RS-12....
also the pmp iv, the pmp v and the dvtech pocket share at least some hardware. The pmp v has even the same lcd. Opendingux in the game g100 would be a nice addiction, I really like the gba sp form factor

hiei

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2019, 12:05:34 pm »
also the pmp iv, the pmp v and the dvtech pocket share at least some hardware. The pmp v has even the same lcd. Opendingux in the game g100 would be a nice addiction, I really like the gba sp form factor

From what I know all the "PMP" share the same hardware. (Ingenic Devices Guide)
But are you sure about this one? (Game G100) Could you take some internal photos? It has on the shell "Bina Vadaat" but seems very similar to the GB Station Light, the shell seems the same at least.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 12:08:45 pm by hiei »

kryswade (OP)

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2019, 01:19:54 pm »

But are you sure about this one? (Game G100) Could you take some internal photos? It has on the shell "Bina Vadaat" but seems very similar to the GB Station Light, the shell seems the same at least.

I'm sure. The shell is, in reality, very different. It's very similar to the gba spa one, obviously much cheaper. Also the gb station light is a fc on a chip, only nes games. This is an emulation machine, albeit a cheap one. I'll post some internal pictures asap.

kryswade (OP)

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2019, 02:09:17 pm »

here they are. As you can see is a JZ4725B , not sure about the amount of ram tough. It also has a "sd card cartridge" similar to the k1 gba or, more recently, to the rs97 one.

hiei

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2019, 05:14:58 pm »

here they are. As you can see is a JZ4725B , not sure about the amount of ram tough. It also has a "sd card cartridge" similar to the k1 gba or, more recently, to the rs97 one.

Interesting. In the past there were some other GBA like shell or GBA SP like shell clone with ingenic inside but unfortunately they are quite obscure.
I saw that you found another one in the past.
I found some other examples: 1.
There is also the GAMEBOX ADVANCE (not the exeq one) that seems to have a JZ4755. The one that you have seems and underpowered version of that old GAMEBOX ADVANCE.

EDIT: I created now a thread to collect informations on this kind of devices: Nintendo GBA & GPA SP Clones (SHELL) with Ingenic inside
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 05:54:23 pm by hiei »

kryswade (OP)

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2019, 05:58:05 pm »

Interesting. In the past there were some other GBA like shell or GBA SP like shell clone with ingenic inside but unfortunately they are quite obscure.
There is also the GAMEBOX ADVANCE (not the exeq one) that seems to have a JZ4755. The one that you have seems and underpowered version of that old GAMEBOX ADVANCE.

EDIT: I created now a thread to collect informations on this kind of devices: Nintendo GBA & GPA SP Clones (SHELL) with Ingenic inside

the interesting thing about the dvtech and the gamebox is that they can also read original cartridges. the game g100 cannot
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 06:50:28 pm by kryswade »

hiei

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2019, 06:33:54 pm »

the interesthing thing about the dvtech and the gamebox is that they can also read original cartridges. the game g100 cannot

This is an interesting info, thanks for sharing!

kryswade (OP)

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2019, 08:32:03 pm »
so no one has this console or something similar and can help me?

v47

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2019, 09:47:32 am »
Is it really that bad?

<a href="https://web.archive.org/web/20211024131947/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri7eSf4WEsE" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri7eSf4WEsE</a>

Anyway, I'm guessing you will have to ask pcercuei whether he'd be willing to add support for the device and send the handheld to him.

kryswade (OP)

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2019, 11:58:59 am »
Is it really that bad?

<a href="https://web.archive.org/web/20211024131947/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri7eSf4WEsE" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri7eSf4WEsE</a>

Anyway, I'm guessing you will have to ask pcercuei whether he'd be willing to add support for the device and send the handheld to him.

it's not that bad, I'm enjoying mine. Anyway, i don't need a cfw, just a backup of the internal memory

v47

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2019, 12:17:11 pm »
Does it support GB/GBC? Also, the video mentions issues with button mappings (unable to shoot in Super Ghouls'n Ghosts, for example), and bad tf card support, is that correct?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 12:20:09 pm by v47 »

vermillion

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2019, 01:17:49 pm »
I am also interested in the sd card support?

kryswade (OP)

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2019, 01:28:15 pm »
Does it support GB/GBC? Also, the video mentions issues with button mappings (unable to shoot in Super Ghouls'n Ghosts, for example), and bad tf card support, is that correct?

not correct at all. This guy, wicked gamer / collector is a nice guy but not a too techy one.
Sd cards works fine. Maybe his sd cards where not formatted in fat32. Mine works fine. It supports gb/gbc with goomba, another layer of emulation so.

vermillion

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2019, 01:44:48 pm »
I would mainly use it for gb/gbc and gba but goomba colour you cant stretch the screen. I don't think it will be long until these sp clones come with better emus and if this eventual gets supported with Opendingux it will become interesting.