So it turns out that during some of the builds, the dynamic core was disabled. I've fixed that in my build and updated the instructions. Watch out for that if you do your own build.
Thankfully it's much easier to check this now. Make sure your dosbox.conf file has "core=dynamic" set. If it works, you'll see the dynamic core enabled in the menu:
You can disable the dynamic core from the menu. However, the dynamic core won't be available unless you start DOSBox with that core.
You can also adjust the machine type, but I don't recommend messing with that setting.
The menu work is done for now making this a stable build.
Possible features to look at next include:
- Figure out how to remap buttons to different keys for different games
- Add virtual mouse ability
BTW, Wing Commander works! Wing Commander II... well. Kinda. I've put my notes into the spreadsheet.