• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: DLCBoy Game Console? PAP KIII Plus? What is this???  (Read 1878 times)

Radioboy86 (OP)

DLCBoy Game Console? PAP KIII Plus? What is this???
« on: July 07, 2018, 11:35:30 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L-DkTj3_LU&lc=z23lubh45uv5er3d1acdp43belfvmtxuv1nu3p5dyx5w03c010c.1530987301871299

http://www.dlcboy.com/

This Youtube channel is supporting something called the DLCBoy, it costs $97 with all tax and shipping. This seems to be a PAP KIII Plus with DMenu and some customization in themes/skins? I am not sure if this is something talked about here. This seems a bit silly when the hacks are here for free and the PAP KIII Plus can be bought shipped for $40.

I just wanted to shed some light on this and make sure this DLCBoy is not something that will hurt the community since it has the potential to make profits instead of offering up these contributions for free. I would think the hard working creators and authors of these exploits/hacks/files would more than likely not approve of this sort of thing.

I am just curious if this project has gotten full approval and the blessings of all the people involved. The people that helped offer ideas/suggestions and the creators/authors who contributed to the open source/hacks/Dmenu work etc? I would hate to think this DLCBoy is taking sources without permission from all of you here that work so hard to provide them for free.

If you guys are aware of this and cool with it, That is great! I just wanted to make sure. I really want the creators and contributors here to not pull their work because it is being stolen and used for personal gains/profits.

LBL Gamer

• Level By Level Gaming
Re: DLCBoy Game Console? PAP KIII Plus? What is this???
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 02:17:37 pm »
Hello, this is the second time I've seen this concern brought up so I would like to address it. If you look at my channel here https://youtu.be/5L-DkTj3_LU a viewer raises the same question and I try to answer it as best I can. In a nut shell I support DLC Boy because the owner of the business contacted me about the work I was doing with the device. He explained to me what he was doing (using the device as a platform) to have a turn key device that accomplishes what people who don't want to pour hrs into, digging into forums, taking apart their device, etc... and make it available with TONS of support and updates. Also to build around the device a community of developers and gamers that is an extension of the community not a detriment to it. After he extended the offer for me to be apart of the knowledge pool and extensive correspondence I decided to join the team so to speak. Thru our relationship he has helped me time and time again with my project on his own time. I honestly feel he is sincere in his efforts to not cause harm to dingoonity in any way. If that is what is perceived I'm sure that is not what he wants. I reached out to him after my YouTube post concern because honestly I never saw that coming...it never occurred to me people would feel this way about it. This morning I made him aware of this post as well. He might or might not respond that is totally up to him but his response to me was:
                 he has to get the console
                 take it apart and put a real (capable size and speed) internal sd not the fake class 10 4gb
                 research, attain, tweak, program, and even create from scratch the software
                 flash what ever his current version of the menu with all his changes (for the better)
                 create and maintain the web and support services
                 and recoup his cost plus pay folks involved in his business that require and deserve compensation

In my opinion you are paying him for the expertise, time, and support...not just the PAP. My wife bought this device for me from amazon for $50. It came to me as is and no support. I'm the kind of person who took to the internet and began to climb my way out of the stock device "hole" if I can call it that because it was a good device stock. Some folks are D.Y.I. and some are not. I pose the question , What's wrong with a person being paid for hard work and effort if they are trying to accomplish something that takes time and money? Also I would like to add if you are a D.Y.I. pap owner or future owner there are way more economical ways to purchase this device. If you are not then why not support the ability to buy one that comes to you ready to go above stock...get it and forget it I guess is what I'm saying. I'm not trying to be abrasive and I respect your opinion because I think this should be addressed with the community. But honestly if you don't like or support it then you don't have to buy it. I support him because he helped me leaps and bounds with my project and he is super knowledgeable and strikes me as a good guy. I have built my YouTube around sincerely trying to help the PAP community as well and my intent in supporting dlc boy was not to adversly affect whether some one watches of subscribes to my channel. He helps me, I help him, I help my viewers so on and so forth.
Just your average 80's kid with a love for all things gaming. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN25Sl8nR2pcbikBa2ZRZvQ

HercTNT

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 03:02:45 pm »
My take on this is pretty simple. If he's doing all the work and or using others work with permission, I don't see the problem. If he is using any community work at all, without permission, to profit, he's not helping anyone and he's dead wrong. I have no idea if he is or not and that's gonna be for others to decide, but that's how this will go down. It would not be the first time someone profited off the back of others. Hopefully that's not the case here.

Radioboy86 (OP)

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 04:28:54 pm »
I care about the community and the many people that do all of this for free. I care about unity and the labor people bring here. People sharing their passion for FREE to us all. I am just making sure that this DLCBoy will not cause those people that create/created all of these hacks/exploits to become bitter and withdraw their work... I have seen this happen before.

Imagine if the Dingux community pulled the best data and files because they were being taken advantage of by others that made profit from their tedious labor! I know modders and hackers/coders may not see this "DLCBoy" so kindly. I love these guys and all they do to help us with CFW and Dingux hacks etc... I just do not want this DLCBoy to hurt the community that thrives on free/shared open source/no profit works/contributions.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 04:36:50 pm by Radioboy86 »

LBL Gamer

• Level By Level Gaming
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2018, 06:02:16 pm »
I understand and I respect and care about this community too. I rely on it daily to work on my project and would be up a creek if it went away. I have some deep questions I wish to pose on this topic when I have time later to type to go into detail. Thanks for the prospective guys.
Just your average 80's kid with a love for all things gaming. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN25Sl8nR2pcbikBa2ZRZvQ

Post a new topic