Author Topic: Did I really brick my system  (Read 446 times)

will12239 (OP)

Did I really brick my system
« on: January 21, 2019, 02:30:24 pm »
I just got my 1.0s RS97 in the mail after months and installed the external patcher first thing. It ran and brought me back to the folder after it was done. It said to turn the system off, so when I held the power button, but it froze so I hit reset like the guide also said. Now the system is stuck on the background image when it boots, and never makes it to the menu. Is something worng? How could I brick it without even flashing?

gameblabla

Re: Did I really brick my system
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 02:38:53 pm »
I just got my 1.0s RS97 in the mail after months and installed the external patcher first thing. It ran and brought me back to the folder after it was done. It said to turn the system off, so when I held the power button, but it froze so I hit reset like the guide also said. Now the system is stuck on the background image when it boots, and never makes it to the menu. Is something worng? How could I brick it without even flashing?
It probably self-corrupted itself or you did not flash the firmware properly.
If the external way doesn't work, then do an internal flash. The external method will be discontinued in the future anyway...

will12239 (OP)

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 02:43:10 pm »
It's very odd. All I did was copy the patcher to the SD and run it. And yes it is the external method. So if I do the internal method, can I save this device from being a brick?

odjinan

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 05:51:30 pm »
yes, save it.

will12239 (OP)

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2019, 05:56:37 pm »
Internal method it is then. Still happy I can salvage it, thanks for letting me know  ;D. Still perplexed by what happened..

odjinan

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2019, 06:42:00 pm »
Internal method it is then. Still happy I can salvage it, thanks for letting me know  ;D. Still perplexed by what happened..

dont worry, you just need to remove the battery, some screw, take out the original microsd card (keep it somewhere else and flash the original firmware on it later),  flash a new sdcard with the right firmware.
enjoy ;)

will12239 (OP)

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2019, 07:50:06 pm »
Thank you very much, I will try it tonight

will12239 (OP)

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2019, 03:13:30 pm »
Got everything installed without a hitch. I did have to adjust my minimum clock setting to prevent it from crashing every time I put it in standby. It's a real shame the newer versions aren't compatible with ReGBA. I was very disappointed in the compatible roms that did work for gpSP. The screen is really nice

odjinan

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2019, 04:39:23 pm »
good, your rs97 is not dead ;)

We have to wait for new custom firmware, check the discord server if you want to see progress (dont ask for ETA)

Post a new topic