Author Topic: RS-07 Retro Arcade Mini (JZ4760B) Custom Firmware  (Read 35169 times)

jimmybonsaville

Re: RS-07 Retro Arcade Mini (JZ4760B) Custom Firmware
« Reply #240 on: May 29, 2019, 10:55:56 am »
@gameblabla Great work again. Ive not had a chance to flash your new Fullscreen tv out update...However this video by a very active user reports it still has issues :- <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAtpjO1e6T0" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAtpjO1e6T0</a>

My issues are more to do with customising Gmenu or installing Pymenu. I know you dont like Pymenu...however I think it would be an ideal option for the RS-07. Granted no TV-out or controllers. I have dug VERY deep and broke a few installs trying to get Gmenu to work as I want it. Ive started getting into screenshots etc and noticed all documentation on GmenuNX shows screen shots to the left and rom list to the right.  Ive tried every option available to try and get this look. I followed Gmenunx latest update procedure and it bricks my unit requiring a new flash. The documentation for install just suggests over writing the Gmenu Folder.  Any tips greatly received as Gmenu in its current form just looks a bit clunky.

Thanks in advance.

jimmybonsaville

« Reply #241 on: May 29, 2019, 07:08:54 pm »
@gameblabla Unfortunately I can confirm on 3 displays that the TV-out is fullscreen but it has the same corrupt issues as in JL's video I linked.....However you might have stumbled on something really great. I dont know how...or why...but its also created a kind of scanline effect and I can say the picture looks A LOT CRISPER AND BETTER than before hand. Its not really usable with the glitch at the top of the screen but below it with the scan lines or line skip....looks really good ha

jimmybonsaville

« Reply #242 on: June 04, 2019, 02:12:50 pm »
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-YjPkPs39cmWHVGSXpGQVpWLXpkSW9pbk1JLTVzYzZKLU1N

@gameblabla tried my best to upload a photo of the screen and how crisp it looks...albeit with top screen issues. 512k is upload limit so heres a link to my google drive. looks REALLY crip!!

jimmybonsaville

« Reply #243 on: June 04, 2019, 02:13:04 pm »

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #244 on: June 04, 2019, 02:20:09 pm »
I honestly don't know what to say : did it do that before ?
Because it worked through my capture card but i am guessing that the TV does not like it...

jimmybonsaville

« Reply #245 on: June 04, 2019, 02:37:25 pm »
I honestly don't know what to say : did it do that before ?
Because it worked through my capture card but i am guessing that the TV does not like it...

Hey @gameblabla The version before never did this. It just output into a small letter box. I tried your new version on 2 TVs and a pro grade camera monitor. All with same issue. The image on my 3000nit camera monitor was amazing with the weird scanline effect...but allas the top part is corrupt. Its as if its sending the missed scanlines out of the picture. Strange.  If you can just get rid of that corruption the image would be amazing ha

jimmybonsaville

« Reply #246 on: July 01, 2019, 09:40:56 am »
Sorry to bump this @gameblabla. Did you manage to find the issue? It would be a shame to abandon the Useless firmware on this unit as its one of the only units that really benefits from TV out when using the 2 player mode.  Its sooo close to being perfect if the tv output was fixed. I am also using Pymenu as its just handy to have everything presented. I do have an sd card with useless on for moments with friends and we stick it on the tv. Im currently having to use an older firmware that didn't have full screen FBA which is a shame.

JHale

« Reply #247 on: July 11, 2019, 08:33:12 pm »
How do I get 32x games to work? I just get a black screen when it loads and then the device freezes..

blackz1982

« Reply #248 on: July 11, 2019, 10:19:24 pm »
It is not possible

Отправлено с моего LLD-L31 через Tapatalk

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #249 on: July 11, 2019, 11:09:29 pm »
You know, i've been thinking i should just switch the OPK packages because it would make it easier for external ports and the likes...
It would switching to GMenu2x though but it should fix our issues with TV out. (which will have to be triggered manually anyway)

Sorry to bump this @gameblabla. Did you manage to find the issue? It would be a shame to abandon the Useless firmware on this unit as its one of the only units that really benefits from TV out when using the 2 player mode.
As i said before, i cannot debug Pymenu for you guys. It works fine for me on GmenuNx (and i even tried it over a composite card) so it's not up to me to fix up Pymenu. I'm still waiting on you guys confirming if it does work on TV with stock as is.

How do I get 32x games to work? I just get a black screen when it loads and then the device freezes..
32X games are supposed to load. However when they do, they run at 2 FPSes due to the lack of a MIPS recompiler
Really you should just forget it, the SH2 interpreter (well actually the SH2 interpreter being run twice) is ultra slow.

JHale

« Reply #250 on: July 11, 2019, 11:21:18 pm »
That makes sense then. As for TV out I don't care if it works or not, but that's just my opinion and use for it.

jimmybonsaville

« Reply #251 on: July 12, 2019, 09:40:48 am »
You know, i've been thinking i should just switch the OPK packages because it would make it easier for external ports and the likes...
It would switching to GMenu2x though but it should fix our issues with TV out. (which will have to be triggered manually anyway)

Sorry to bump this @gameblabla. Did you manage to find the issue? It would be a shame to abandon the Useless firmware on this unit as its one of the only units that really benefits from TV out when using the 2 player mode.
As i said before, i cannot debug Pymenu for you guys. It works fine for me on GmenuNx (and i even tried it over a composite card) so it's not up to me to fix up Pymenu. I'm still waiting on you guys confirming if it does work on TV with stock as is.

32X games are supposed to load. However when they do, they run at 2 FPSes due to the lack of a MIPS recompiler
Really you should just forget it, the SH2 interpreter (well actually the SH2 interpreter being run twice) is ultra slow.

Thanks @gameblabla . Sorry for the confusion. Altho I use Pymenu and accept no TV out. The issue is on your Useless Firmware and NOT Pymenu. I swap cards depending on what use I want.

ace9094

« Reply #252 on: July 17, 2019, 11:22:27 pm »
Does anyone have the Comic Book skin working on the RS-07 ?

On mine I get a weird aspect ratio  :'(
Dingoo A320, GCW0, RS-97 x2, Revo-K101, RS-90, PSP, GameGadget, New 3DS 128GB, PS Vita 200GB, RS-45, Gamebox Advance and a few other obscure devices

jimmybonsaville

« Reply #253 on: July 19, 2019, 10:14:55 am »

On mine I get a weird aspect ratio  :'(

I gave up trying to get it to work. Must be the screen resolution differences.

ace9094

« Reply #254 on: July 20, 2019, 12:08:21 am »

I gave up trying to get it to work. Must be the screen resolution differences.

Oh well.... At least I know its not just me struggling to get the Comic Book skin working.... I might try editing the skin wall papers and icons in paint.net and see if I can get it to look half decent :)

Thanks for replying, I appreciate it :)
Dingoo A320, GCW0, RS-97 x2, Revo-K101, RS-90, PSP, GameGadget, New 3DS 128GB, PS Vita 200GB, RS-45, Gamebox Advance and a few other obscure devices