Author Topic: Custom Firmware for the Retro Arcade Mini  (Read 6681 times)

blackz1982

Re: Custom Firmware for the Retro Arcade Mini
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2018, 05:31:16 pm »

Cheers for the info, I think Pymenu is more suited to the arcade mini than GmenuNX, but that's my otinion :)

I really want this on my Gopher 2, its almost I dentical to a KP3 its even has dmenu on it :)

Thanks for your work Jack83 8)

Soon i release last firmware ported to gopher 2.

Отправлено с моего LLD-L31 через Tapatalk

ruffnutts

« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2018, 06:11:57 pm »
Soon i release last firmware ported to gopher 2.

Cool will this work on My version.... I have the newest Gopher 2 with the 4GB Nand Flash not removable SD Card,
I was so pissed off about that lol  8)

ruffnutts

Dracul13007

« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2018, 11:32:52 am »
Hi ! Anyone succed to make Mame4all working for the RS-07 ?

The custom firmware is really great and i achieve to make many of the emulator i want working... But i tried all day for Mame4all, download many different version, but no one working :(

Thank's :)

JHale

« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2018, 11:32:29 pm »
Hi ! Anyone succed to make Mame4all working for the RS-07 ?

The custom firmware is really great and i achieve to make many of the emulator i want working... But i tried all day for Mame4all, download many different version, but no one working :(

Thank's :)

It's being worked on.. In time we will know.

ace9094

« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2018, 02:38:55 pm »
I don't get the usual FBA menu, with the list of supported games, as well as I can't select any option.

This is intentional because the GUI menu for FBA A320 was horribly buggy and simply does not work at all.
What option do you want to select anyway ? This version of FBA does not support rotations unlike FBA-GCW0.

Hey gameblabla,

There is a couple of options I use from the original FBA GUI that would be great to see:

1) The correct game names not ROM names (Its easier to find the game you want)
2) Hide Clones (I know only some the clone version of some games work or they run better than the original)

I appreciate it may not be possible to add them. I was also wondering if you would be adding the GCW version of FBA with the menu?

Thanks
ace
Dingoo x2, GCW0, RS-97 x2, Revo-K101, RS-90, PSP, PSP Go, GameGadget, New 3DS 128GB, PS Vita 200GB RS-45, Gamebox Advance and a few other obscure devices

VanZan

« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2018, 03:26:34 pm »
For the correct names there should be an alias file in the fba folder you can use.

superkev

« Reply #66 on: November 26, 2018, 07:07:32 am »
Many thx for the cool firmware gameblabla, I have applied the same romset with the one I used on RS-97, but some of those does not work, eg. some street fighter 2 and captain commando on CPS1 and 2. Is that the same version FBA with the one on RS97? Or should I find a previous ver?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 07:10:54 am by superkev »

applehk

« Reply #67 on: November 26, 2018, 04:00:47 pm »
I have downloaded and installed your custom firmware on my Retro Arcade.
This is very nice and is better that the original firmware. Thanks so much!!
I will wait for your new update on custom firmware. Hope the FBA can be able to run at full screen. (CPS & Neogeo) later.

May I know the power indicator at the menu can show the battery level? seems not working on mime.

applehk

« Reply #68 on: November 26, 2018, 04:07:02 pm »
Many thx for the cool firmware gameblabla, I have applied the same romset with the one I used on RS-97, but some of those does not work, eg. some street fighter 2 and captain commando on CPS1 and 2. Is that the same version FBA with the one on RS97? Or should I find a previous ver?

You may search for the ROMS-set of MAME instead of FBA. I have the similar case as you before.
And I can able to run all CPS1 and 2 games now with MAME roms.

JHale

« Reply #69 on: November 28, 2018, 05:58:37 am »

You may search for the ROMS-set of MAME instead of FBA. I have the similar case as you before.
And I can able to run all CPS1 and 2 games now with MAME roms.

Which version of MAME ROMs are you using?

superkev

« Reply #70 on: November 30, 2018, 03:44:20 am »
changed to MAME185 and downloaded a new neogeo bios with sfix.fx(cant remember the name exactly), now all the other roms works but captain commando still not...

ace9094

« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2018, 07:51:49 pm »
changed to MAME185 and downloaded a new neogeo bios with sfix.fx(cant remember the name exactly), now all the other roms works but captain commando still not...

Changed what exactly? To the MAME185 ROM Set?
Dingoo x2, GCW0, RS-97 x2, Revo-K101, RS-90, PSP, PSP Go, GameGadget, New 3DS 128GB, PS Vita 200GB RS-45, Gamebox Advance and a few other obscure devices

superkev

« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2018, 11:12:30 am »
romset

applehk

« Reply #73 on: December 04, 2018, 01:47:33 pm »
you can try to search from Google on the keywords "mame 185 rom", you should be able to find the zipped rom file to download.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 01:49:43 pm by applehk »

odjinan

« Reply #74 on: December 04, 2018, 05:17:38 pm »
you can try to search from Google on the keywords "mame 185 rom", you should be able to find the zipped rom file to download.

split or merged? ;)

ace9094

« Reply #75 on: December 04, 2018, 09:14:06 pm »

I tried that, but locating "clean trustworthy" sites is proving problematic  :'( :o However I shall continue the search !  ;) ;D

supertilico2001

How can i copy roms to the microsd card?
« Reply #76 on: December 06, 2018, 08:44:26 am »
Hi Guys,

I was following all the steps to install the custom firmware in my Rs07 and all is working great but i got a silly question.
How can i copy the rom games to my microsd cards??
Because i insert the microsd in my pc with my cardreader and its not recognized the format.
Only if i go under Minitool partition wizard i can see the 3 partitions on my microsd card, the fat32 i can explore it from there and i can see all the structure of files, but i cant copy nothing there as the programm is only one explorer, is not fixing the problem to see the partition under windows 7.
The strange is that under the administrator of devices  i can see the microsd unit with several partitions but the one i need and i can see in minitool partition wizard is not shown like FAT32 but like RAW :(

Keep on doing this nice work, and thx so much in advance for your help!

Cheers.

ahahah

Re: How can i copy roms to the microsd card?
« Reply #77 on: December 08, 2018, 11:37:16 pm »
Hi Guys,

I was following all the steps to install the custom firmware in my Rs07 and all is working great but i got a silly question.
How can i copy the rom games to my microsd cards??
Because i insert the microsd in my pc with my cardreader and its not recognized the format.
Only if i go under Minitool partition wizard i can see the 3 partitions on my microsd card, the fat32 i can explore it from there and i can see all the structure of files, but i cant copy nothing there as the programm is only one explorer, is not fixing the problem to see the partition under windows 7.
The strange is that under the administrator of devices  i can see the microsd unit with several partitions but the one i need and i can see in minitool partition wizard is not shown like FAT32 but like RAW :(

Keep on doing this nice work, and thx so much in advance for your help!

Cheers.

hi,
ive found the solution thanks to this message
https://boards.dingoonity.org/ingenic-jz4760-devices/hardware-revision-2-1-sd-card-mounting-problems/msg182552/#msg182552
;)

supertilico2001

« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2018, 07:33:03 am »
ahaha, several days making me crazy the problem, thx so much for your help, god bless u. 8)

RetroVortex

« Reply #79 on: December 11, 2018, 12:04:53 pm »
Ok so I have a little bit of a strange request for the CFW.
I thought for fun I'd try plugging in my modded Fightstick Alpha PS3/4 fightstick into the RS-07 to see if it would work. And it does! mostly.
The only issue is that only 5 of 6 face buttons work. The R2 button doesn't. I figure the firmware doesn't map d-input L2 and R2 because there are no physical buttons on the device for it. If there was a way to do that then I'd be able to plug in a fightstick and play Street fighter. (or maybe even 2!)

Post a new topic