Author Topic: Custom Firmware for the Retro Arcade Mini  (Read 9560 times)

JHale

Re: Custom Firmware for the Retro Arcade Mini
« Reply #80 on: December 11, 2018, 02:33:52 pm »
We are just missing Mame4All and PicoDrive for this to be better than the original firmware.

ace9094

« Reply #81 on: December 12, 2018, 12:45:30 am »
We are just missing Mame4All and PicoDrive for this to be better than the original firmware.

I gotta disagree a little... It would be great to Pico Drive and Mame would be nice but FBA is fine :) I would like to see the GCW Version of FBA as it supports Street Fighter II Shen Long v7 by Drakon... PSX would be nice to but...

AS IT IS... The CFW is MILES better than the stock firmware, the emulation is AWFUL for me on stock firmware, This CFW is awesome :)
Dingoo x2, GCW0, RS-97 x2, Revo-K101, RS-90, PSP, PSP Go, GameGadget, New 3DS 128GB, PS Vita 200GB RS-45, Gamebox Advance and a few other obscure devices

JHale

« Reply #82 on: December 12, 2018, 05:39:18 pm »

I gotta disagree a little... It would be great to Pico Drive and Mame would be nice but FBA is fine :) I would like to see the GCW Version of FBA as it supports Street Fighter II Shen Long v7 by Drakon... PSX would be nice to but...

AS IT IS... The CFW is MILES better than the stock firmware, the emulation is AWFUL for me on stock firmware, This CFW is awesome :)

Without MAME you get no pac-man, Donkey Kong, TMNT, Simpsons, etc... MAME is very important..

procyon

« Reply #83 on: December 12, 2018, 09:50:20 pm »
I apologize in advance, but at the risk of being "that guy," is there any update on progress for the CFW?  Just curious, would love to know how things are going and what to look forward to.  Thanks for the hard work.

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #84 on: December 12, 2018, 10:28:11 pm »
I apologize in advance, but at the risk of being "that guy," is there any update on progress for the CFW?  Just curious, would love to know how things are going and what to look forward to.  Thanks for the hard work.
Nothing right now. I did not bother with MAME because it's very slow on the RS-97 as it is and i refuse to work with that mess.
Slaneesh said he was working on a revamp of it, like 3 months ago but i'm not holding my breath for it...
However, Tony is making some progress towards IPU support and he managed to make it work.
Pingflood further confirmed this with his own findings (but noticed it got slower in PocketSNES for some reasons, strange).
So yeah, given that most arcade games uses a bunch of weird resolutions, i prefer waiting on tony adding support for the Arcade Mini's LCD panel to the kernel so we also get IPU there.

I'm working on trying to port SRB2 Kart to the RS-97 and RS-07. Nothing as of right now though.

ace9094

« Reply #85 on: December 13, 2018, 12:56:53 am »
Nothing right now. I did not bother with MAME because it's very slow on the RS-97 as it is and i refuse to work with that mess.
Slaneesh said he was working on a revamp of it, like 3 months ago but i'm not holding my breath for it...
However, Tony is making some progress towards IPU support and he managed to make it work.
Pingflood further confirmed this with his own findings (but noticed it got slower in PocketSNES for some reasons, strange).
So yeah, given that most arcade games uses a bunch of weird resolutions, i prefer waiting on tony adding support for the Arcade Mini's LCD panel to the kernel so we also get IPU there.

I'm working on trying to port SRB2 Kart to the RS-97 and RS-07. Nothing as of right now though.

Thank you for the update... as always, greatly appreciated my friend
Dingoo x2, GCW0, RS-97 x2, Revo-K101, RS-90, PSP, PSP Go, GameGadget, New 3DS 128GB, PS Vita 200GB RS-45, Gamebox Advance and a few other obscure devices

Post a new topic