• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: RS-07 Retro Arcade Mini (JZ4760B) Custom Firmware  (Read 152248 times)

blackz1982

Re: Custom Firmware for the Retro Arcade Mini
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2018, 08:30:14 pm »
For factory firmware Pap k3 plus and may be  Rs-07

Отправлено с моего LLD-L31 через Tapatalk

Jutleys

« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2018, 08:34:27 pm »
I just tried on rs07 don't work we have cavestory already anyway for RS07 but not doom

blackz1982

« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2018, 08:35:50 pm »
Factory firmware or this custom?

Отправлено с моего LLD-L31 через Tapatalk

Jutleys

« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2018, 08:41:44 pm »
Custom.

LBL Gamer

• Level By Level Gaming
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2018, 04:20:07 pm »
thanks for the cs and doom. Ill try them
Just your average 80's kid with a love for all things gaming. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN25Sl8nR2pcbikBa2ZRZvQ

JJK9

« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2018, 03:18:36 am »
Great firmware, the games are running way better than before. The only thing I cant figure out is the TV output. Does this still work and how do you use it? There is an option to change between Pal and NTSC but that all I can find.

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2018, 01:04:24 pm »
Great firmware, the games are running way better than before. The only thing I cant figure out is the TV output. Does this still work and how do you use it? There is an option to change between Pal and NTSC but that all I can find.
It's a bug in GMenuNx. I managed to make TV Out but it will require a few changes. Plus, i couldn't figure out how to make detect it like it did on the RS-97.
Pingflood came back so hopefully he can look into it. (He's already hard at debugging everything)
⚠ WARNING ⚠
If you are using any of my forks, emulators or ports, you are being influenced by propaganda !

JJK9

« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2018, 03:29:41 pm »
It's a bug in GMenuNx. I managed to make TV Out but it will require a few changes. Plus, i couldn't figure out how to make detect it like it did on the RS-97.
Pingflood came back so hopefully he can look into it. (He's already hard at debugging everything)
Thank you, I'm not really bothered about TV out, I was mainly just curious so see if it looked any better than the stock firmware which looked terrible on my tv. I have a 4k TV so the TV's scaling is probably at fault but it's extremely blurry and almost unplayable compared to the built in screen. I never plug composite cables into the TV so I have no idea what other devices look like on it.

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2018, 03:44:06 pm »
Thank you, I'm not really bothered about TV out, I was mainly just curious so see if it looked any better than the stock firmware which looked terrible on my tv. I have a 4k TV so the TV's scaling is probably at fault but it's extremely blurry and almost unplayable compared to the built in screen. I never plug composite cables into the TV so I have no idea what other devices look like on it.
It does look awful with the stock cables, especially on NTSC. PAL looks a bit better but it's still a bit rubbish. There is no way to improve the video quality through software. You could try improving the video signal with better shielded cables and/or a comb filter.
⚠ WARNING ⚠
If you are using any of my forks, emulators or ports, you are being influenced by propaganda !

procyon

« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2018, 07:52:16 pm »
Hi gameblabla, been loving the firmware so far.  If it's possible, in addition to a Genesis emu, would it be possible to add one for PC-Engine, NeoGeo Pocket, and some Atari's (preferably 2600, 7800, and the 8-bit computers.)  I know the DGEs are out there, I just don't know how hard it is to integrate them into the firmware.  Would really appreciate it.  Thanks so much.

LBL Gamer

• Level By Level Gaming
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2018, 12:29:07 am »
I put up a vid of this running on the K3p here : https://youtu.be/ehShNTFk9AM I might have to just get me one of these minis now LOL
Just your average 80's kid with a love for all things gaming. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN25Sl8nR2pcbikBa2ZRZvQ

RetroFreakPc

« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2018, 10:03:53 pm »
 Just registered to thank you gameblabla great work with the firmware, i can`t wait for the new version, i totally agree with procyon, it would be great to have an atari 2k6 emulator in the new firmware.

Thank you very much.

JHale

« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2018, 06:28:26 am »
I tried to run Pymenu and its working after add to /mnt/int_sd, but seems like the image is scaled for 320x240 image.

I?m put a usb keyboard on the device and its works!!!

@gameblabla

It is possible start a bash terminal for simplify launch commands?

How did you manage this? I can't get it working at all..

EDIT: Nevermind I got it working!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 04:33:09 am by JHale »

ruffnutts

« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2018, 05:00:02 pm »
pymenu would be great for the RS-07  8)

JHale

« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2018, 02:02:29 am »
pymenu would be great for the RS-07  8)

It has already been done. Get the latest updates here: https://github.com/JackD83/PyMenu

ruffnutts

« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2018, 09:13:08 am »
Well it says only on RS-97?

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

JHale

« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2018, 10:19:14 am »
Well it says only on RS-97?

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

here:
I was able to fix the bugs in PyMenu and it "should" now work on the Arcade Mini using the fw from gameblabla.

I used a the patched firmware of his on my K3P and its working there as well. On the K3P, we have this stupid volume buttons which are not yet supported. (I guess the Arcade Mini has a volume wheel like the RS97?)

in the file config/config.json set:
Code: [Select]
RS97 = false
screenWidth = 480
screenHeight = 272

The configuration is still not modified for gameblablas fw, so you will see a lot of entries which may be not working until properly configured.

The background images are made for the RS97 and streched for the K3P and the Arcade Mini, thats why they look so pixelated.

@LBL Gamer problem with the software for the A320 is that its quite old. We want all the new stuff gameblabla ported for the RS97 on the K3P and not use tricks to get old software running. We are not far from a fw with the same functions as the arcade mini!

ruffnutts

« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2018, 05:21:19 pm »
Cheers for the info, I think Pymenu is more suited to the arcade mini than GmenuNX, but that's my otinion :)

I really want this on my Gopher 2, its almost I dentical to a KP3 its even has dmenu on it :)

Thanks for your work Jack83 8)

Post a new topic