Author Topic: Command lline Chocolate Doom  (Read 3205 times)

HercTNT (OP)

Command lline Chocolate Doom
« on: June 12, 2018, 11:23:11 am »
i really want to play mods like Batman doom. I know chocolate doom supports it. this link says how to run in: https://www.chocolate-doom.org/wiki/index.php/Batman_Doom  . how do i start up chocolate doom everytime to make this possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jutleys

Re: Command lline Chocolate Doom
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 07:56:07 pm »
We have a new chocolate doom port soon.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 10:02:22 am by jutley »

gameblabla

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 04:05:40 pm »
Yeah but the 'new" version won't fix any of that regarding Batman Doom.
This one is kind of tricky to run on Chocolate Doom, i'm not sure how to handle this one for properly.
In the meantime, you can play it by putting batman.wad,batman.deh and batman.vdeh in the same directory as the chocolate doom executable.

Then create a another filed called run-batman.dge and enter the text below (change the chocolate-doom executable accordingly if it named differently)
Code: [Select]
#!/bin/sh
./chocolate-doom.elf -merge ./batman.wad -deh ./batman.deh ./vbatman.deh

Save it. Now on the RS-97, all you have to do is to use the "Explorer" app and run the file run-batman.dge.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 04:21:11 pm by gameblabla »

HercTNT (OP)

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2018, 03:30:01 am »
thank you, i will try this.

HercTNT (OP)

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2018, 03:34:28 am »
We have a new chocolate doom port soon.
sounds good, can't wait.

Yeah but the 'new" version won't fix any of that regarding Batman Doom.
This one is kind of tricky to run on Chocolate Doom, i'm not sure how to handle this one for properly.
In the meantime, you can play it by putting batman.wad,batman.deh and batman.vdeh in the same directory as the chocolate doom executable.

Then create a another filed called run-batman.dge and enter the text below (change the chocolate-doom executable accordingly if it named differently)
#!/bin/sh
./chocolate-doom.elf -merge ./batman.wad -deh ./batman.deh ./vbatman.deh

Save it. Now on the RS-97, all you have to do is to use the "Explorer" app and run the file run-batman.dge.

Ty for your help. this did not work for me. the run-batman.dge was not visible in explorer and the command did not run. was worth a shot though.

gameblabla

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2018, 05:50:59 pm »
Ty for your help. this did not work for me. the run-batman.dge was not visible in explorer and the command did not run. was worth a shot though.

It works fine on my device. You do need to have doom2.wad (or freedom2.wad) in the same directory.
The game won't work with Doom 1 or Freedoom 1.

#!/bin/sh
./chocolate-doom.elf -iwad ./freedoom2.wad -merge ./batman.wad -deh ./batman.deh ./vbatman.deh
You also need the Vanilla patch linked on the wiki.

HercTNT (OP)

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2018, 06:12:10 am »
i'm a complete idiot, i put the wrong doom wad in. thank you for fixing my derp lol!
I have tried to replicate what you have posted to the letter with no luck. even using doom2 and freedoom2 wads has not worked. I have all three batman doom files. obviously it works as you have it working, i just can't figure out what i'm doing wrong. everything i have looks the same as you have it.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 06:37:31 am by HercTNT »

ace9094

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2018, 10:03:46 pm »

Soooo just wondering... Does this mean that Goldeneye Doom 2 is playable?

I once a version that had tons of levels and weapons that I played on dingoo... I got to the Train level but could never open the door at the end... however I lost it in my "HDD crash in 2011"  :o

Every version I have found since is incomplete :( Anyone have a full version ?
Dingoo A320, GCW0, RS-97 x2, Revo-K101, RS-90, PSP, GameGadget, New 3DS 128GB, PS Vita 200GB, RS-45, Gamebox Advance and a few other obscure devices

RooZ

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2018, 10:56:57 pm »
Yo,

You were trying any other mods?
Is there a way to run some Alien mods or Brutal Doom?

Thanx in advance :)

gameblabla

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2018, 10:45:51 pm »
Yo,

You were trying any other mods?
Is there a way to run some Alien mods or Brutal Doom?

Thanx in advance :)
Brutal Doom requires Zdoom, and i haven't ported that yet.
Plus, i'm afraid it might run too slowly. (Brutal Doom was programmed very poorly...)

Goldeneye 2, i think that required EDGE for the improved version with new levels and all.
It sounds possible to port but it won't be straightforward
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 10:52:49 pm by gameblabla »

HercTNT (OP)

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2018, 05:39:09 am »
My apologies for bringing back an old topic, but I really would like to get mods running on chocolate doom. I once again took a stab at getting Batman doom running under chocolate doom with no luck.  I followed Gameblabla's instructions to the letter as below creating the run-batman.dge file and filling it with the required syntax. Is it possible that the syntax is wrong? I know gameblabla demonstrated it working on his unit, but is it possible that what he typed down and what he originally did were not the same by accident?  If anyone would like to take a stab at getting this running or any other mod running i would like to know how it goes.

DieterLaser

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2018, 10:19:30 pm »
My apologies for bringing back an old topic, but I really would like to get mods running on chocolate doom. I once again took a stab at getting Batman doom running under chocolate doom with no luck.  I followed Gameblabla's instructions to the letter as below creating the run-batman.dge file and filling it with the required syntax. Is it possible that the syntax is wrong? I know gameblabla demonstrated it working on his unit, but is it possible that what he typed down and what he originally did were not the same by accident?  If anyone would like to take a stab at getting this running or any other mod running i would like to know how it goes.

it worked for me. it may helps if i give you a step by step:

- i downloaded batman doom from here: https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/themes/batman/batman
- i put all files from the extracted batman.zip in a copy of the chocolate_doom folder, that i called chocolate_batmandoom
- i also put a copy of the doom2.wad in there (be careful with lower and higher case letters, i have everything in lower case)
- in there is a run.dge, that i modified with TextEdit on my Mac and saved it:

#!/bin/sh
./chocolate-doom.elf -iwad ./doom2.wad -merge ./batman.wad -deh ./batman.deh ./vbatman.deh

on my RS97 where i have my other games i pressed select > add link ... and then put the path to the modified run.dge

that worked for me

DieterLaser

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2018, 11:30:03 pm »
it also worked for this one

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/themes/simpsons/simpsons

bad but funny

HercTNT (OP)

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2018, 01:42:13 am »
i'm beyond confused at this point. i so badly want to get this working and i'm greatful for your help as i would like to see many other doom and duke mods running, but i can't make this work. i believe i have followed instructions to the letter and yet no dice. i can't imagine what i'm doing wrong. i created the directory as instructed, put all files in said directory as instructed, and edited the run.dge file as instructed and it's a no go. i wish there was a way to share my directory with you so you could look at it and tell me what i'm doing wrong as i just don't know. only thing i can think of is i'm using internal memory for the firmware and i'm running useless 1.4 although that should not matter.

DieterLaser

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2018, 02:39:25 am »
do you get a doom2.wad running? maybe its your .wad, that is causing the problems. i also got some mods for czdoom working. here you can download two examples: one for chocolate_doom (batman) one for cz_doom (ghostbusters), both without the doom2.wad that you have to add yourself. if its still not working its your .wad or your system

good luck!
https://we.tl/t-4LC9bXjVHK

HercTNT (OP)

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2018, 03:10:42 am »
again thank you for the help. yes doom 2 works just fine and yet still no go on the mods. it just dumps to desktop. i can't even begin to imagine what's causing it.
same goes for cz-doom with ghostbusters, just won't run. it has to be a sytnax issue. maybe my directory is different than yours who knows. obviously it works it's just something i'm doing wrong.

DieterLaser

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2018, 04:59:27 pm »
hmm, directories shouldn't be a problem. what did you do after you put them on your device?

HercTNT (OP)

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2018, 07:33:13 pm »
i added a link in games to run.dge. when you click on the link it goes to load for a second turning the screen black then dumps back to desktop.

ace9094

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2018, 09:39:56 pm »
HI,

Does anyone have the Goldeneye Doom2 wad ? The version I am looking for is about 15MB and has the following mods recreated from the N64 Goldeneye game:

Levels - up to the Train level
Titles screen changed
Enemies changed
Weapons added including the duel weapons and the Moonraker laser

I had it in 2009 for my Dingoo, but lost it after my HDD died.

Thanks
Dingoo A320, GCW0, RS-97 x2, Revo-K101, RS-90, PSP, GameGadget, New 3DS 128GB, PS Vita 200GB, RS-45, Gamebox Advance and a few other obscure devices

ace9094

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2020, 10:49:35 pm »
HI,

Does anyone have the Goldeneye Doom2 wad ? The version I am looking for is about 15MB and has the following mods recreated from the N64 Goldeneye game:

Levels - up to the Train level
Titles screen changed
Enemies changed
Weapons added including the duel weapons and the Moonraker laser

I had it in 2009 for my Dingoo, but lost it after my HDD died.

Thanks

Not one to grave dig old posts HOWEVER if anyone is interested I have FINALLY found the GoldenEye Doom 2 WAD that I have been looking for the last 7 or 8 years

Now posted below: (Just unpack the OPK with 7zip to get the WAD file)
https://boards.dingoonity.org/ingenic-jz4760-devices/goldeneye-for-rg350-pocket-go-2/msg193799/#msg193799

I have also found a "doomGoo" Local Pack for the original Dingoo A320:

I have also found a link to all the custom wads for "Doomgoo" for the original Dingoo A320 and would you believe the Mediafire links are all still live and working -

http://www.harteex.com/hosted/a320.freeforums.org/doomgoo-for-dingux-1-1-update-t932.html
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 12:53:10 am by ace9094 »

Post a new topic