• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Huge retro game sale  (Read 17128 times)

gibberish

• Obscure Handhelds
Re: Buy LDK Retrogame $59.99
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2019, 09:51:00 pm »
Looks like there's a green one now too.

exorio

« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2019, 08:01:20 am »
Looks like there's a green one now too.

and it's semi transparent too

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu  >:(

exorio

« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2019, 08:28:00 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blDjywh9Zl8

duke nukem 3d
jazz jackrabbit
quake (and quake 2 on my previous post)

For DN3D and Quake I don't know how many times I played the ports.

I'm kind of excited of Jazz though, I haven't got a chance to touch any of them completely.

BTW any word of how Brutal Doom would run on this thing? I'm fine with lower resolutions, since it would just add to the cool old school aesthetic.

[edit]

No zdoom/gzdoom port for RetroFW, at least yet  ???
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 08:32:54 am by exorio »

DonKRuler

« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2019, 07:53:56 pm »
Damn!

I?m so confused, I purchased  the clear one but I want all the latest firmware and the themed menus which make the device look nice, but I have no clue how to do it....LOL. I don?t even know how to get emulators or games

Is their a full length tutorial somewhere or can someone PM and break down exactly what I need to do. I have both a MAC and Windows PC

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davidgilmour

« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2019, 08:28:11 pm »
Damn!

I?m so confused, I purchased  the clear one but I want all the latest firmware and the themed menus which make the device look nice, but I have no clue how to do it....LOL. I don?t even know how to get emulators or games

Is their a full length tutorial somewhere or can someone PM and break down exactly what I need to do. I have both a MAC and Windows PC

Cheers

Here ya go

https://boards.dingoonity.org/ingenic-jz4760-devices/how-to-install-retrofw-on-your-ldkrs-97/

exorio

« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2019, 05:29:25 am »
Damn!

Cheers

I don't mean to discourage you but these niche device isn't for the casuals and the faint of heart.

It requires A LOT of work to squeeze out every potential it have; i.e. you're willing to invest tinkering with it, lots of trial and error, go back and forth within the community, scouring every bits and pieces of information.

That's just the surface. You haven't gone to Mame and its weird romsets (one romset won't work with a mame version). My guess that's one of the main reason why these devices won't go mainstream.

You'll have more things to tweak than just the theme. If you willing to do that you'll have one very versatile retro console that plays thousands of games.

Now I have probably about 5000 games in my LDK, ranging from 8bit up to arcades and all working flawlessly.

So, you currently have tons of readings to do.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 05:40:20 am by exorio »

DonKRuler

« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2019, 06:47:03 pm »
Damn!

Cheers

I don't mean to discourage you but these niche device isn't for the casuals and the faint of heart.

It requires A LOT of work to squeeze out every potential it have; i.e. you're willing to invest tinkering with it, lots of trial and error, go back and forth within the community, scouring every bits and pieces of information.

That's just the surface. You haven't gone to Mame and its weird romsets (one romset won't work with a mame version). My guess that's one of the main reason why these devices won't go mainstream.

You'll have more things to tweak than just the theme. If you willing to do that you'll have one very versatile retro console that plays thousands of games.

Now I have probably about 5000 games in my LDK, ranging from 8bit up to arcades and all working flawlessly.

Hey,

Thanks for response lol not at all scarred to tinker around and ask questions.  I just want a better looking menu screen and just to throw a good amount of Nintendo games on. I enjoy Mario Kart and those old stools games so I?ll be happy with those.

DonKRuler

« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2019, 06:47:39 pm »
Damn!

Cheers

Here ya go

https://boards.dingoonity.org/ingenic-jz4760-devices/how-to-install-retrofw-on-your-ldkrs-97/

Thank You so Just follow that first

exorio

« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2019, 07:06:27 pm »
Damn!

Cheers

Hey,

Thanks for response lol not at all scarred to tinker around and ask questions.  I just want a better looking menu screen and just to throw a good amount of Nintendo games on. I enjoy Mario Kart and those old stools games so I?ll be happy with those.

Mode 7 games don't run at full speed. That would include Mario Kart. Others I've tried are F-zero and Run Saber (runs mighty fine until mode 7 kicks in).

Super FX chip games also suffers from slowdowns. Starfox and Yoshi's Island.

There's overclocking options in RetroFW but I haven't tried it and not intend to.

cheers.

DonKRuler

« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2019, 08:13:03 am »
Damn!

Cheers

Hey,

Mode 7 games don't run at full speed. That would include Mario Kart. Others I've tried are F-zero and Run Saber (runs mighty fine until mode 7 kicks in).

Super FX chip games also suffers from slowdowns. Starfox and Yoshi's Island.

There's overclocking options in RetroFW but I haven't tried it and not intend to.

cheers.

Oh really? I thought only PS1 games would be slow on this, I expected all those Nintendo games to work flawlessly. I think once I run the updates and download a ton of games, I?ll be more excited lol I just don?t know what games are out there. I?ll start from the basics thanks for advice

Jutleys (OP)

« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2019, 09:19:29 pm »
New firmware will be released soon

exorio

« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2019, 05:55:45 am »
New firmware will be released soon

Any procedure to upgrade from previous version? Or do we have to reflash the SD?

Just asking. If it require reflashing the SD I'm fine with it.

Also, is there any way to customize the boot logo? I've looked inside the Linux partition but not exactly sure what I'm looking for lol  :)

Thanks for the great work BTW

Jutleys (OP)

« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2019, 06:43:43 pm »
releasing a new image today with all the latest stuff on it

DonKRuler

« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2019, 11:30:24 pm »

I haven?t flashed a thing so far, so should I wait on yours?, my console is still brand new,  and a bit confused of the instructions

Cheers

exorio

« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2019, 06:21:38 pm »
I got a question for Quake 2

It runs sweet, but there will be missing buttons

Quake 1 fits the 6 buttons scheme perfectly

L/R = look up/down
ABXY = jump, shoot, next weapon, run or strafe/sidestep (if always run option is active)

But quake 2 controls added crouch, inventory (next/prev and use) and mission/help

What would be the ideal settings for Quake 2? Start/select obviously out of question and the suspend button cannot be mapped.

Also, FBAlpha and SuperSNES key map is the most ideal for this device. Suspend for quitting the game, thus all 6 buttons are properly utilize for games only.

I haven?t flashed a thing so far, so should I wait on yours?, my console is still brand new,  and a bit confused of the instructions

Cheers

It's already on his website. It's not much different than the previous RetroFW, so if you're happy with the stock/previous RetroFW then you shouldn't flash it.

gameblabla

« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2019, 06:22:54 pm »
But quake 2 controls added crouch, inventory (next/prev and use) and mission/help
What would be the ideal settings for Quake 2? Start/select obviously out of question and the suspend button cannot be mapped.
Quake 2 allows you to rebind the keys/buttons in the controls settings.
I did not bother to tweak the controls much beyond that as getting it to run at all took me a year on the RS-97/LDK.

exorio

« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2019, 07:12:31 pm »
Quake 2 allows you to rebind the keys/buttons in the controls settings.
I did not bother to tweak the controls much beyond that as getting it to run at all took me a year on the RS-97/LDK.

Wow dude, you did most of the games huh? Great job!

Yes I know it's bindable, but the inventory buttons are somewhat critical. As far as I can remember, there's quad damage and rebreather that needs to be activated (there's a long underwater level somewhere).

But it's running sweet anyway so that's just just minor complain. It's MORE THAN playable nevertheless. So when it's time to use the inventory the mapped buttons can be bind to the inventory use/cycle, then switched back.

I suppose 12 buttons (standard dual shock 3, L3 and R3) are the most ideal/bare minimum for Q2.

Thanks for the game!

Jutleys (OP)

« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2019, 01:03:06 am »

Cheers

Just write the image to internal sd using etcher

DonKRuler

« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2019, 09:51:50 pm »

Cheers

Just write the image to internal sd using etcher

This is done and thanks for the help. As for games, we have to download them all right? The10GB firmware just has the 25 games build in I?m guessing.

pcercuei

• My devblog
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2019, 04:57:25 pm »
The website sells the LDK as a "OpenDingux Open-Source console".

The only consoles that run OpenDingux are the Dingoo A320, the GCW Zero and the RetroMini RS-90.

And if it's open-source, where can I download the sources of the bootloader?

Post a new topic