Author Topic: Huge retro game sale  (Read 12787 times)

majestyk

Re: Buy LDK Retrogame $59.99
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2019, 09:17:02 am »
Hi Gameblabla, can you try whether SDXC cards work with LDK or not?  mine doesn't seem to get SDXC cards work

wen_nug

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2019, 10:18:12 am »
Also the power switch, can you just turn it off or do you need to power it down through software first like the Bittboy CFW?
It's RS-97 based so you can just turn it off like that. It's a bit more resilient to improper shutdowns but i would still recommend you shut it down properly still. Though unlike the RS-97, the power switch can't be used as a button unlike the RS-97 so some emulators will require some changes.

Btw, just got my LDK and it feels pretty good. The Dpad is also good though the shoulder buttons are awkwardly placed.
I would not recommend the LDK if you rely on the L & R buttons a lot but otherwise it's a solid console.
It is also fairly easy to disassemble and the internal sd card is easily accessible, you simply have to remove the battery.

Sorry about my ignorance. I'm still new here. I'm about to buy wether this new LDK or New Bittboy or the RS-97 but I don't know which one is recommended. I've been holding myself not to buy the New Bittboy because of several issues such as weird screen scrolling lag when playing pokemon gbc game, also I heard that it doesn't allow local save or in game saves.

Quick questions, is something bad happens if i just turn it off like that without shut it down from menu?

Also this is probably the dumbest question. I saw the New Bittboy's menu in this link https://www.instagram.com/p/BvBh2sRFecX/ looks similar to opendingux. Also at the very end, it has the shutdown menu. (so, I pull the previous question for this context too)

Another question, last one, I promise, and sorry about my ignorance. Does Bittboy with the current CFW allows local saves or in game saves? I'm sure there must be a way to do in game saves just like Odroid Go with the LRAS button combo to create .sav file.

Sorry sorry sorry for the rapid questions. I would be very grateful to death if someone can provide me some information about this.

gameblabla

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2019, 12:41:24 pm »
Sorry about my ignorance. I'm still new here. I'm about to buy wether this new LDK or New Bittboy or the RS-97 but I don't know which one is recommended. I've been holding myself not to buy the New Bittboy because of several issues such as weird screen scrolling lag when playing pokemon gbc game, also I heard that it doesn't allow local save or in game saves.
If you plan on using the LDK just for Gameboy games (including GBA) then it is pretty good and i can recommend it for that, the build quality is solid and so is RetroFW on it. I have compiled some of my emulators over there and it's the best handled of this kind so far (along with the RS-97, same hardware) performance wise.

The Bittboy is pretty terrible honestly. The CFW tries to improve on this but steward is struggling with tearing on those. The OFW also has tearing.
Ingame saves are supported on the CFW but the OFW firmware does not support this and emulator on the OFW is also very poor.
What kills the bittboy is the ghostkey hardware flaw. Basically if you press a combination of buttons, it will either trigger other buttons on the console or not do anything at all. This is because they cheaped out on the console, really.

Also this is probably the dumbest question. I saw the New Bittboy's menu in this link https://www.instagram.com/p/BvBh2sRFecX/ looks similar to opendingux. Also at the very end, it has the shutdown menu. (so, I pull the previous question for this context too)
The CFW is based on the work done on the RS-97, some emulators were ported over there and most of them perform poorer than they do on the RS-97/LDK.
The GUI is GmenuNx, which is also used on the LDK/RS-97.

wen_nug

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2019, 11:11:47 pm »
Wow, thank you so much for the informations. I guess i jumped on the right forum, hehe. I think I'm gonna get LDK then after reading more and more reviews about it to make sure I get everything. Thank you, gameblabla, i wish you the best!

Ingame saves are supported on the CFW but the OFW firmware does not support this and emulator on the OFW is also very poor
Anyway, I reread this and just noticed that it's now supported but on the CFW, so it means I need to install the CFW to do ingame saves? That doesn't sound that terrible.
I'm so confused because I found this https://github.com/TriForceX/New-Bittboy-CFW/blob/master/Bug-Reporting.md and it says "Roms can't save ingame. Its only possible through menu save states"

I think I already know the answer, just want to make sure. Honestly I've been looking for the answer everywhere. Youtube, reddit, and other sources, but i just can't find the answer or no one is talking about this issue. I assume everyone is just saying the (OFW) New Bittboy doesn't support ingame saves.

To be honest LDK is a bit pricey for me. I probably gonna save 20 bucks and snag that bittboy but again, looking at its flaws, meh. I guess we get what we get.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 11:40:10 pm by wen_nug »

gameblabla

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2019, 02:18:22 am »
Anyway, I reread this and just noticed that it's now supported but on the CFW, so it means I need to install the CFW to do ingame saves? That doesn't sound that terrible.
I'm so confused because I found this https://github.com/TriForceX/New-Bittboy-CFW/blob/master/Bug-Reporting.md and it says "Roms can't save ingame. Its only possible through menu save states"
I think I already know the answer, just want to make sure. Honestly I've been looking for the answer everywhere. Youtube, reddit, and other sources, but i just can't find the answer or no one is talking about this issue. I assume everyone is just saying the (OFW) New Bittboy doesn't support ingame saves.
Whoever wrote this mixed up CFW issues with OFW ones. The OFW does not support ingame saves, that's true.
That's not the case though for the CFW.

Jutleys (OP)

« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2019, 10:35:23 am »
The LDK is actually a great device now Steward and  i have helped some devs get it we can see our great support we have on both the RS97 and LDK systems now and make RetroFW a master piece thanks to the developers and the community :) it would never be possible without working together :)

sere83

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2019, 01:24:09 pm »
The LDK is actually a great device now Steward and  i have helped some devs get it we can see our great support we have on both the RS97 and LDK systems now and make RetroFW a master piece thanks to the developers and the community :) it would never be possible without working together :)

I do love the formfactor of the LDK, much prefer to the RS-97. I have an original RS-97 but think i may pickup an LDK, just wondered though...do you think it will ever be possible to get a more user friendly front end (like py menu) for it?

Also i'm sure this is probably unlikely but will it ever be possible to have the same exit button config for every emulator? Drives me up the wall trying to exit these emulators with different button configs for each one.

Also does this unit have a Audio jack? Do you just use A/V Port for audio? Shame its on the top.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 02:07:45 pm by sere83 »

wen_nug

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2019, 01:49:38 pm »
Just ordered it a couple of days ago. Hopefully it will arrive soon so I can appreciate the developers.

Quick questions:

1. If I put roms in the internal memory card, will it interfere the software?
2. Can I use another BL-5C battery with higher mAh? Will the hardware able to handle?

Sorry if my questions are stupid, I'm not a techy guy :-[
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 01:52:41 pm by wen_nug »

Jutleys (OP)

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2019, 11:12:49 pm »
No it wont affect internal card and yes you can put i better battery in it.

riverinwoods

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2019, 08:56:40 am »
Have we got L2,R2 buttons mapped for psx on the cfw?....I just ordered 1

Sorry was in wrong thread for LDK

Jutleys (OP)

« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2019, 01:55:35 pm »
I believe they are for LDK RetroFW v1.2 using latest release.

davidgilmour

« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2019, 04:57:22 am »
If you plan on using the LDK just for Gameboy games (including GBA) then it is pretty good and i can recommend it for that, the build quality is solid and so is RetroFW on it. I have compiled some of my emulators over there and it's the best handled of this kind so far (along with the RS-97, same hardware) performance wise.

The Bittboy is pretty terrible honestly. The CFW tries to improve on this but steward is struggling with tearing on those. The OFW also has tearing.
Ingame saves are supported on the CFW but the OFW firmware does not support this and emulator on the OFW is also very poor.
What kills the bittboy is the ghostkey hardware flaw. Basically if you press a combination of buttons, it will either trigger other buttons on the console or not do anything at all. This is because they cheaped out on the console, really.

The CFW is based on the work done on the RS-97, some emulators were ported over there and most of them perform poorer than they do on the RS-97/LDK.
The GUI is GmenuNx, which is also used on the LDK/RS-97.

Bittboy is $30. LDK is $60.

Twice as expensive.

exorio

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2019, 10:27:38 am »
LDk system another amazing retrogame handheld buy below

https://retromimi.com/collections/all?aff=5

Screen: 2.6 inch 4:3 240*320
CPU: JZ4760B mips
528mhz-740mhz
RAM: 128M DDR2
Internal memory: 16GB
Battery: BL-5C 1020 mAh
lithium battery

https://discord.gg/FzCeqvt

This device review appeared on my youtube suggestion out of nowhere couple of days ago. After that youtube review, I check out Aliexpress, there were about 5 shops selling this. Now it fills a whole page when you look for "LDK" there.

Looks like everyone got hyped up with this device.

To me, this is exactly what I'm looking for, apart it's missing 2 shoulder buttons and 2 joysticks, but for older 16 bit and arcade games 6 buttons would be enough. 3D PS1 games don't run good on this thing. But I'm not a fan of PS1 games anyway.

Also they use standard smartphone battery BL-5C, correct? I can find those batteries here very cheap everywhere. probably buy 2-3 of them for replacements.

And standard microUSB for charging!

Now that is ACE.

This is certainly the device I would buy.

But couple of question

Where do you get the firmware? Is it still actively maintained? Is there any other alternative firmware for this?

And just to confirm the battery is standard Nokia's dumbphone BL-5C battery, and the jack is microUSB?

thanks in advance!

adventureFAN

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2019, 10:39:28 am »
1. Yes, BL-5C.
2. Here: http://boards.dingoonity.org/ingenic-jz4760-devices/ldk-retrogame/
3. No, only stock firmware
4. Yes, BL-5C and yes, it is MicroUSB.
My Handhelds: PS Vita, PSP (1000), New 3DS, NDS lite, GBA SP (without Backlight),
LCL GameBoy (RPI3A+), GPD XD (non-Plus), PowKiddy X18, RG350 & PG2.

Favorite: GPD XD

exorio

« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2019, 11:22:16 am »
1. Yes, BL-5C.
2. Here: http://boards.dingoonity.org/ingenic-jz4760-devices/ldk-retrogame/
3. No, only stock firmware
4. Yes, BL-5C and yes, it is MicroUSB.

Sweet! Thanks. Bookmarking

Also, there seems to be multiple brands selling this device.

Retromimi is one, and Coolbaby (I recognize this as a smartphone brand). 60 bucks is quite affordable for a compact device with modifiable firmwares like this. I'm getting one next month.

Anyway for those who owns both colors, which one is better in terms of feel and durability (at least from your estimation)? I figure the clear one is much more fragile than the yellow one.

[edit]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxoGFIg1FSM

holy smokes it runs Quake 2 smoothly

I figure most other Linux ports games would run on this thing

Imagine playing Brutal Doom on this  8)

[edit 2]

Ordered yellow one right away. Seems that everyone (at leas ton the aliexpress shop's feedbacy) prefer the clear case.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 03:37:07 pm by exorio »

Jutleys (OP)

« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2019, 01:37:55 pm »
Trust me the clear one is better yellow is a bit pale faded for my liking.

Jutleys (OP)

« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2019, 05:09:09 pm »
LDK firmware is now updated with the latest releases to date.

exorio

« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2019, 12:41:23 pm »
Trust me the clear one is better yellow is a bit pale faded for my liking.

And it's already arriving in my country (though I haven't receive it).

No way I'm gonna shell out another 60.

Pretty quick processing by the shop BTW.

Jutleys (OP)

« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2019, 10:05:11 pm »
Buy another :)

Jutleys (OP)

« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2019, 07:41:17 pm »
First post updated with latest offers LDK now available to buy from uk now.

Post a new topic
Post a new topic