• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Best way to rename or remove emulators?  (Read 1933 times)

sygyzy (OP)

Best way to rename or remove emulators?
« on: June 01, 2018, 06:46:00 am »
Hi I am new here. Thanks for all the resources and tricks everyone has provided thus far. I am using the external boot hack as well as 1.71 FW. I am reading the thread about which emulators work best and which don't. Rather than wade through the whole list, and try to remember to use PocketSNES and not Snes9x4d (for example), how can I edit the name or description of emulators to give myself a little note. For example, maybe I rename them to zzzSnes9x4d so it shows up at the bottom. I thought about copying the ones I am not using as a backup then just deleting them from the device. Is restoring them as simple as copying them back? How does the menu system know to ready from that folder? Where is it getting the metadata for the emulator name and descriptions from?

Thanks!

ADY

Re: Best way to rename or remove emulators?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 11:50:22 am »
Press select on the icon and hit delete link, that will remove the emulator link from the browser but still keep it on the device in case you need it back. Do not hit delete section because that will remove the entire emulator section, I did that with the emulator section on a previous and had to re-add them all back, also the games section that held all the ported title, but that on purpose though, I don't play em. I personally delete most game / emu links, I only use emulators GB, GBA, NES, SNES, Genesis and PC Engine so my device is very uncluttered.

Adding emu's back is a little bit harder, you go to the desktop section where you want the removed emu, press select then add link > mnt > int > emu, then fine the folder for that emulator and add it back. Then go back to the main desktop, go to the icon you just added press select, edit link, then set the clock speed, turn on the selector browser so you can select roms and set the selector directory so it opens in the folder your roms are stored it. Example: Ohboy mnt > int_sd > Gameboy Roms.

By the way, I have a couple questions of my own. Does anyone know where all the skins for icons and backgrounds are kept? Sometimes they are in the folder with the emulator but if they are not, I can't find them. Also is there anyway to swap the order of sections, I would like the emulator section to be first, also knowing how to change the section icon would be nice.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 11:58:37 am by ADY »

sygyzy (OP)

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 07:32:52 pm »
Can you explain what you mean by select the icon and hit delete link? What is the delete link? Is there a delete button? Which one is it? Thank you.

ADY

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 08:41:09 pm »
Can you explain what you mean by select the icon and hit delete link? What is the delete link? Is there a delete button? Which one is it? Thank you.

By icon I mean the emulator on the desktop like Snes9x4D and by delete link I mean press the select button on the emulator icon and it should bring up a list, one of them should say Delete followed by the emutator name IE delete Snes9x4D.

sygyzy (OP)

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2018, 06:07:22 am »
Got it, this is super helpful and I was able to figure it all out thanks to you.

Post a new topic