Author Topic: Best Playstation Emulation With AV Out?  (Read 476 times)

LUREKILL (OP)

Best Playstation Emulation With AV Out?
« on: March 27, 2020, 10:18:38 pm »
I'm mostly interested in Playstation emulation, what would be the best option that also has AV or HDMI out?
I've ordered a portrait LDK, but it's AV out doesn't work with RetroFW apparently. I suppose I could stick with the Useless firmware, but I don't know how its PSX emulation performance
The RG350M also looks very nice but the HDMI out looks like it's never going to happen.

Thanks for your input!

welshyc

Re: Best Playstation Emulation With AV Out?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 01:17:20 am »
TheGPD XD plus is probably your best bet. Android based and with working HDMI output.

The other option would be a modded psp which is arguably a better experience, depending on whether you prefer 'authentic' vs additional resolution and filter options you get with android.

ace9094

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2020, 04:07:09 pm »
TheGPD XD plus is probably your best bet. Android based and with working HDMI output.

The other option would be a modded psp which is arguably a better experience, depending on whether you prefer 'authentic' vs additional resolution and filter options you get with android.

Or if your are not bothered about portable grab a PS classic and google Arcadepunks to grab an image  ;)
That  can also emulate some stuff including "Limited" Dreamcast PSP, and N64 plus all the FBA and MAME 16Bit and lower systems

You could also grab a few images and merge all the games from the different set ups then scan them or merge configs :)
Dingoo A320, GCW0, RS-97 x2, Revo-K101, RS-90, PSP, GameGadget, New 3DS 128GB, PS Vita 200GB, RS-45, Gamebox Advance and a few other obscure devices

LUREKILL (OP)

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2020, 05:44:30 pm »

I'm not really a fan of android devices in general, but I haven't checked any of them out recently. I do have a PSP but I prefer to keep my first party devices stock.

Or if your are not bothered about portable grab a PS classic and google Arcadepunks to grab an image  ;)
That  can also emulate some stuff including "Limited" Dreamcast PSP, and N64 plus all the FBA and MAME 16Bit and lower systems

You could also grab a few images and merge all the games from the different set ups then scan them or merge configs :)

I also have a PS Classic which is great, but I really love the idea of a portable device that has AV/HDMI out as my main retro machine so I can play on the go and continue playing on a TV when I get home without any need for transferring saves or anything.

I was doing more research and it looks like the LDK AV out does in fact work with RetroFW 2.0 and up. Can anyone confirm that?

Great Crippler

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2020, 10:24:43 pm »

I'm not really a fan of android devices in general, but I haven't checked any of them out recently. I do have a PSP but I prefer to keep my first party devices stock.

I also have a PS Classic which is great, but I really love the idea of a portable device that has AV/HDMI out as my main retro machine so I can play on the go and continue playing on a TV when I get home without any need for transferring saves or anything.

I was doing more research and it looks like the LDK AV out does in fact work with RetroFW 2.0 and up. Can anyone confirm that?

It does, but it's composite only, limited to 528 MHz, and PSX emulation on that low powered of a device is going to be hit and miss.

DingooSteve

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2020, 10:57:05 am »
I think there is where the Retroid Pocket will be a winner. Go on Youtube and look at Taki Udon's review, particularly towards the end for the HDMI stuff. Also can handle N64 and PSP as well as other systems and Android