Author Topic: Any customised PAP K3's out there?  (Read 682 times)

gregbaby (OP)

Any customised PAP K3's out there?
« on: October 22, 2019, 01:44:42 am »
Hello all.

I'm not talking firmware whether you have the 4gb or the 16gb version.  Im curious if anyvody has bothered to paint and customise their consoles after sprucing up the internal firmware.  I'm loving the custom firmware available from this site but mine could certainly do with some nicer looking buttons and a paint job lol, shame I dont own a 3D printer.  I have the white version and its getting bland to me now. 

Post your pics or vids if you have anything cool/different.

SIDE NOTE:  Whats the most powerful/easily customisable hanheld out there that wont force me to sell a kidney?  Any opinons welcome and I'll have a gander on the inter webs.

I'm considering a spray paint/stencil job, it's just I'm crap at that sort of stuff haha.

Cheers guys!  ;D

cianoscatolo

Re: Any customised PAP K3's out there?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2019, 02:35:37 pm »
About the easiest handheld to customize I would say it's probabily the RS-97: there is a lot of empty space in the case you can fill with a bigger battery, the shell is the same as the Revo k-101 so you can get one of those, there is a big modding community and you can find a lot of replacements for the buttons etc. You can find out more at Jutleys' discord.

Inviato dal mio Hi9plus utilizzando Tapatalk

evilteddy123

Re: Any customised PAP K3's out there?
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 05:58:14 pm »
@gregbaby I know this isn't a papk3 but I did paint my rs97. I can't imagine the papk3 would be much different. I use UselessFW with the green oldboy skin. I think it looks like something from Fallout which I love!
First I took the shell apart and hand sanded all pieces with fine grit sand paper. This removes any gloss on the plastic so paint will stick better. Then I sprayed with matte black spray paint for base coat. After that I hand painted the different pieces with metallic acrylic paint (those 50cent bottles found in most walmarts, FolksArt brand?). Last I sprayed a clear matte protective coat to cover all the paint. Hope that inspires you! It's always fun!

Post a new topic