Author Topic: RS97-RS07 Universal Firmware Patcher v1.6 for all RS97 (all units)  (Read 29516 times)

jhordi08

Re: RS97 Firmware v1.5 for all RS97 units v1.0, v2.0 V2.1 v1.0S.
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2018, 08:55:28 am »
It's a long standing issue with these firmwares that when burning them to the sd card, they often don't assign drive letters to the partitions created. It does not matter the quality of the sd card as stated by some. You need to use mini partition tool wizard to assign drive letters to each created partition so they can be recognized by windows. This will fix the problem. right click on each partition and select assign drive letter. make sure you apply changes or you will not have actually done anything. good luck.

Excuse me, how can I do that exactly?
I know how partition tool works, but i am not an expert in partitions. I remember when I burned other firmawares in my sd I could see 3 removable disk, one of them with an icon of rs97. In this one I had fully access, but now, I can't see this icon and I don't know how to set up the partition with partition tool to reach the result.
Many thanks!

HercTNT

« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2018, 09:23:11 am »
It's a long standing issue with these firmwares that when burning them to the sd card, they often don't assign drive letters to the partitions created. It does not matter the quality of the sd card as stated by some. You need to use mini partition tool wizard to assign drive letters to each created partition so they can be recognized by windows. This will fix the problem. right click on each partition and select assign drive letter. make sure you apply changes or you will not have actually done anything. good luck.

I know how partition tool works, but i am not an expert in partitions. I remember when I burned other firmawares in my sd I could see 3 removable disk, one of them with an icon of rs97. In this one I had fully access, but now, I can't see this icon and I don't know how to set up the partition with partition tool to reach the result.
Many thanks!

I'm not really the best at explaining it myself. You should do a search of the forums as it has been discussed and several proper tutorials have been posted. When you use the mini partition tool after burning the image, you should see the sd card split up into 4 parts. 3 of those parts are not needed. the only one that matters contains the system data, apps, and games folders. you will notice it has no designated drive letter. right click on it in the utility and select the option that allows you to assign the drive letter. usually d or e depending on what and how many physical drives you have installed in your computer. select apply in mini partition tool to make sure what you have done is actually applied to the device. you should now be able to select the data portion of the firmware and copy and remove information as you like.

kajidzz

« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2018, 10:36:56 am »
Hi there, first of all, I would like to thanks to the team for the great job
I have one 2.1 model with 16gb sd card so I've downloaded this firmware:

Revision 2.1 (New units, came with a 16Gb sd card) :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MNSuSEbvGCnzBH3YOT_MQjcHnOklNhKL/view?usp=sharing

I presumed that current service pack is included, isn't it?

Well, I've downloaded the file and then I've burned the image in the SD card. After that, I've used partition tool to extend the main partition. Suddenly, when I wanted to enter into the SD, something didn't work well because I could'nt access.

I had done this process several times with another firmware and I had always obtained the same result, 3 REMOVABLE DISK with different letters.
In that case I've obtained just one REMOVABLE DISK and, in addition, is not accessible (check the image attached)

Do you know how can I fix it?
I'm using WINDOWS 10.

Many thanks!

u might just need to go to disk management and assign a letter to the fat32 partition.

jhordi08

« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2018, 06:55:25 pm »

Many thanks!

I'm not really the best at explaining it myself. You should do a search of the forums as it has been discussed and several proper tutorials have been posted. When you use the mini partition tool after burning the image, you should see the sd card split up into 4 parts. 3 of those parts are not needed. the only one that matters contains the system data, apps, and games folders. you will notice it has no designated drive letter. right click on it in the utility and select the option that allows you to assign the drive letter. usually d or e depending on what and how many physical drives you have installed in your computer. select apply in mini partition tool to make sure what you have done is actually applied to the device. you should now be able to select the data portion of the firmware and copy and remove information as you like.

Thanks for all! Thanks @HercTNT and @kajidzz
I did it! It works :)
However, I'm experiencing screen flickering on all games in FBA emulator. I usually use this one because MAME, which works perfectly, is not as quick as FBA.
In addition, I noticed that the USB mount function is not available yet, is it?

many thanks!

Bitboy (OP)

• Retrogamers97-90
Re: RS97 Firmware v1.6 for all RS97 units v1.0, v2.0 V2.1 v1.0S.
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2018, 04:30:23 pm »
Ne v1.6 released

Changelog v1.6

- Updated Hex-A-Hop game and a Terminal application
- Added Hydra Castle Labyrinth game for rs97 thanks to benob dingoonity (updated with sound).
- Added Kobo Deluxe game thanks to benob dingoonity.
- Added OpenTitus thanks to Bitrider dingoonity.
- Updated DOSBox with fixes for RS-97 thanks to jbanes dingoonity.
- New icons added for all new apps and games thanks to illithid.

Dhelix

« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2018, 11:33:08 pm »
Ne v1.6 released

Changelog v1.6

- Added Hydra Castle Labyrinth game for rs97 thanks to benob dingoonity (updated with sound).

Thank you. Does this release also include Py Menu all setup to work?

Yan

« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2018, 02:29:28 am »
Ne v1.6 released

Changelog v1.6

Could you have a look at the ps emulator? It seems the progressive scanning and interlaced scanning are not working properly due to the bios configuration.
http://boards.dingoonity.org/ingenic-jz4760-devices/uselessrs97-internal-firmware-for-revision-2-1/msg182703/#msg182703

odjinan

« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2018, 08:34:35 am »
thanks for the update!

@Dhelix: it use the gmenunext (fully customisable and support skin)

riverinwoods

« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2018, 09:21:13 am »
Thanks for the firmware update

2.1 old version (4g) firmware seems buggy to me.... scum,temper,openbor are all having trouble finding their emu paths/files as they won?t boot and pathways for romfiles don?t seem to save... snes,pico,psx,atari?s,fba,mame,gb emu?s seem fine. Am still going thru them and loading roms back on but feeling temperamental so far...
Anyone else with this version having dramas?
Also had to redo firmware twice as when roms were put back I couldn?t get past black screen when trying to boot.
Got working after 2nd format...but seems like i?m gonna have problems ...
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 09:23:02 am by riverinwoods »

IsaacJ

« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2018, 03:17:50 am »
Thanks for the firmware update

2.1 old version (4g) firmware seems buggy to me.... scum,temper,openbor are all having trouble finding their emu paths/files as they won?t boot and pathways for romfiles don?t seem to save... snes,pico,psx,atari?s,fba,mame,gb emu?s seem fine. Am still going thru them and loading roms back on but feeling temperamental so far...
Anyone else with this version having dramas?
Also had to redo firmware twice as when roms were put back I couldn?t get past black screen when trying to boot.
Got working after 2nd format...but seems like i?m gonna have problems ...
I also got problem on 2.1 old firmware 1.6, after boot RS-97, it shows RS-97 logo and keeping showing green lines, and nothing happen after that, it also heppen on version 1.4, 1.41.

rairoz

« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2018, 04:11:03 am »
Hello.
I'm sorry poor my engligh.

First of all, thank you for your work to make firmware.
I'm happy to use your firmware.

I bought RS-97 on aliExpress, a week ago.

I opened RS-97 for checking pcb version.

the text is
"RETRO-GAME-V2.1
1835"

and I think it has new LCD.
Because I can't find small rectangle on right screen.

I used Revision v2.1 (new units) firmware v1.6( 16/11/2018).

I checked FBA, FC, SFC, PSX, GB, GBA, GBC, SMS, MD, MSX.

There is blink on LCD in only Fba GCW0.
It attacks my two eyes. I drop my tear when I play FBA.

If I can fix FBA blink, RS-97 will be the perfect device in my portable emulator.

please. Can you help me?

I can share to you backup data about the original memorycard.

I look forward to your reply.
thank you. have a good day.

I tried make record blink, but the blink can't be seen on record files. :(
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 10:21:30 pm by rairoz »

speedking

« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2018, 08:40:47 pm »
Hello.
I'm sorry poor my engligh.

First of all, thank you for your work to make firmware.
I'm happy to use your firmware.

I bought RS-97 on aliExpress, a week ago.

I opened RS-97 for checking pcb version.

the text is
"RETRO-GAME-V2.1
1835"

and I think it has new LCD.
Because I can't find small rectangle on right screen.

I used Revision v2.1 (new units) firmware v1.6( 16/11/2018).

I checked FBA, FC, SFC, PSX, GB, GBA, GBC, SMS, MD, MSX.

There is blink on LCD in only Fba GCW0.
It attacks my two eyes. I drop my tear when I play FBA.

If I can fix FBA blink, RS-97 will be the perfect device in my portable emulator.

please. Can you help me?

I can share to you backup data about the original memorycard.

I look forward to your reply.
thank you. have a good day.

I tried make record blink, but the blink can't be seen on record files. :(

Something like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjnF8R2Uhbc
Camera cannot record it flawlessly but the flickering is very intense and nasty.

This option did not work for me: use SELECT button in firmware main menu where you chuose emulators,after you set up the value(set it 630 the flickering will become wick)press the START button two times to save your change.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 07:44:03 am by speedking »

02k0

« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2018, 02:36:00 am »
I'm downloading to test in version 2.1 (old). In the next versions, could you add the data needed to run all the ports? Type, Doom, WAD files, Quake Full version, etc.

Enviado de meu Moto G (4) usando o Tapatalk

angridio

« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2018, 01:20:10 pm »
sorry because my english is very poor! and i have some questions i hope everyone can help me, please :(
- I like the metal slug game of geo-geo, but when I download rom on internet and move to rs-97, I can not read this file. I tried gngeo, gcw0, a320 but can not find the file I moved to the machine!
- So can anyone help me how to run these files? and where can i download the appropriate game files? I sincerely thank
ps: i use firmware 1.6 for unit 2.1! Everything is perfect except I can not play neogeo games

gutiiii

« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2018, 08:08:04 pm »
hi,

There is a new revision v3, the image for version 2.1 does not work for this revision.

attached photo of the motherboard

rairoz

« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2018, 04:40:58 am »

Something like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjnF8R2Uhbc
Camera cannot record it flawlessly but the flickering is very intense and nasty.

This option did not work for me: use SELECT button in firmware main menu where you chuose emulators,after you set up the value(set it 630 the flickering will become wick)press the START button two times to save your change.

yes. My device has that flicking.

I think that It maybe caused by scanline.
But I cannot control scanline, because there is no option.

Anyone who know how to control scanline option on FBA GCW0?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 04:42:37 am by rairoz »

Manofaction89

« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2018, 07:34:34 am »
It's nice to see the good old RS-97 CFW back on track, i'll just stay with the older versions tho.

speedking

« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2018, 08:56:11 am »
@rairoz I have just tried the other emulator of FBA (A320) and there is no flickering. Give it a try.

pangwoy

« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2018, 07:17:04 pm »
regba can not run
how to fix

pangwoy

« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2018, 07:22:17 pm »
regba can not run
how to fix

i use Revision 2.1 (New units) JZ4760B

Post a new topic
Post a new topic