Author Topic: AliExpress how to?  (Read 1733 times)

Surkow

• * Administrator
Re: AliExpress how to?
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2020, 12:07:26 pm »
Hi all, what happen if receive defective item? Sending back will be a problem

Never experienced receiving defective item at all.

But if you do, you can open a dispute. As I said earlier, seems that Aliexpress have good dispute system which being monitored by real human.

Full refund most of the time would require you to ship the item back to them. Best option is partial refund IMO.

Also, I've mention the seller is very afraid of getting bad feedback/review. So try to work it out with them first at least.

Nevertheless, NEVER accept paypal refund. I don't think they can access paypal in china in the first place.
If so, don't use PayPal. Then what the best payment mode in case needing a refund?
AliExpress will refund you using the same payment method you used to buy the product you are disputing. That means the seller will never hand you the money directly (via Paypal in this case). If you paid via Paypal, AliExpress - not the seller, will (partially) refund you if you win a dispute.

Sellers want you to drop disputes because it negatively affects their reputation in the store. Never drop a dispute and never accept money directly from the seller.

Fishfan

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2020, 03:30:24 pm »
Pick seller with high rating shd be fine then. Thks

v47 (OP)

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2020, 10:48:31 am »
Does anyone know what the differences between all the shipping options are? Quite a few seem to be available;

- AliExpress standard shipping
- China post Registered AirMail
- Special Line YW
- Seller's Shipping method
- SunYou
- DHL
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 11:14:04 am by v47 »

v47 (OP)

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2020, 11:09:14 am »
Ok, first delivery - pleasantly surprised by how accurate and up to date the tracking was, definitely not just a guy writing random things into the log. I had a notification on my phone next day after the log reported the package as delivered to the destination country, and the service (SunYou) was apparently able to find me in the database of a package delivery company I use when buying computer hardware in the local shops, and take advantage of their services (probably saving a couple of pennies in the process), that is quite impressive. And the item only took two weeks to get here.

The other item is taking longer (four weeks right now, still on the way), so the shipping time may vary, but that's to be expected (China post Registered AirMail).

Looks like you have 15 days to leave feedback after you confirm a delivery. It seems it's still possible to open a dispute even after that in case of problems, slightly odd, but ok I guess.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 07:31:13 pm by v47 »

v47 (OP)

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2020, 07:38:48 pm »
The other item took full 7 weeks (China post Registered AirMail/PostNL), so your shipping time mileage may vary, as expected. One dead pixel on the handheld screen, but not going to bother with a dispute.

But overall I'm quite happy with this, and won't hesitate too much to order something if I find a good deal again.

exorio

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2020, 06:34:46 am »
my trigger also arrived earlier this september, that's around 40 days. I remember some stuffs I receive mere a week or two back then. So yeah the shipment time will vary.

Ordered 4 pairs of them, 2 got cracks (one on each pair) but they're factory sealed, so it's not the seller's fault, it's the factory QC that's shit.

The cracks don't affect the usability nevertheless. So these two I'm going to use until they're really broken.

2 others are flawless

not too shabby I guess.

Post a new topic