Author Topic: New 97Next v1.8.1 firmware boot from external sd card only (ALL SYSTEMS).  (Read 7112 times)

New firmware live now v1.8.1 Code name (DUBSTEP)

97Next v1.8.1 minor update Changelog (codename DUBSTEP)
*2018.06.04 Gmenu2x fixed the suspend mode and CPU clock range thanks pingflood.
*Added new hard power off reset feature to rootfs hold power button for 10 seconds in any game or app to reset no more pins :) Thanks Steward and ping_flood
*Fixed openMSX crashing thanks ping_flood
Great!! The reset option is a great idea!!

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 3 mediante Tapatalk

konkav

Oh technology. Tried and tried to make this work. bought a new sd-card, worked immediatly. xD

m1024

Wow, this are some very usefull changes - especially the shutdown feature!
Haven't been here for a while - so, did the internal sd card version die?  :'(

BTW: Some weeks ago I started to update the PSNext skin with a more modern set of section/settings icons and new realistic icons for all emulators. Couldn't stand the current icons ;D
I'll try to get the few remaining icons done soon...
Make sure to update your skins (PS4, PSNext, PSNextDark, OldBoy and Zelda) with the latest version from time to time:
https://boards.dingoonity.org/ingenic-jz4760-devices/low-res-skins-for-gmenu2x-oldboy-zelda/

jutley (OP)

• Retrogamers97-90
Thats great m1024 sure ping will add them to his next release of gmenu glad you like the firmware.

papapito

BTW: Some weeks ago I started to update the PSNext skin with a more modern set of section/settings icons and new realistic icons for all emulators. Couldn't stand the current icons ;D

Not a fan of the realistic icons, but I'm sure others will love them. Great work!

m1024

Yes, the downside of realistic icons is that most of them look very similar in 32x32...

I also tried this design: rectangular with logo. What do you think?
Make sure to update your skins (PS4, PSNext, PSNextDark, OldBoy and Zelda) with the latest version from time to time:
https://boards.dingoonity.org/ingenic-jz4760-devices/low-res-skins-for-gmenu2x-oldboy-zelda/

Stouffa

Other than the fact the Atari logo is slanting the opposite way to the other, I quite like them! :)

Cruxis

Just to let you know, Sega CD save states are not working. They freeze when loading them.

odjinan

really nice skin!  will probably find its way for the next release ;)

for the internal version, jutley said a couple of days ago he will upload them soon.  (i'm waiting too, no ETA ^^)

jovpov

Hi, what are the steps for update?

From 1.7.1 installed on external sd to 1.8.1?

is it mandatory to backup everything, do fresh install of 1.8.1 then copy back roms and config? or is there easier way?

Manofaction89

Can I use the same SD card for  97Next that ive used to install "install.dge"?

jutley (OP)

• Retrogamers97-90
Hi, what are the steps for update?

From 1.7.1 installed on external sd to 1.8.1?

is it mandatory to backup everything, do fresh install of 1.8.1 then copy back roms and config? or is there easier way?

For now your have to back up and reimage un till we can find a upgrade solution thanks.

elrichard

Hi, my RS-97 arrived yesterday and I am running the latest 97Next firmware. I used to own a Dingoo so I am familiar with OpenDingux and how it works.

However, that was some time ago.

Is there any guide around with a quick HOWTO on how/where to install ROMs and additional files on the SD Card for each of the emulators that come with the firmware, together with some basic usage information?

Like, for each emulator, it would be great to have something like:
- supported file formats/romset versions
- file locations
- configuration options
- key combinations to access the menus

I am willing and able to help building and maintaining such information.

Thanks!

Post a new topic
Post a new topic