Author Topic: 97Next v1.7 v1.7.1 firmware (please reports bugs here)  (Read 1509 times)

m1024

Re: 97Next v1.5 firmware (please reports bugs here)
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2018, 07:33:20 am »
One issue with the cool new backdrops feature:

The backdrops feature could allow this options (but currently doesn't :)):
- use no backdrops at all (setting set to off)
- use some user-defined backdrops (set in link settings, overrides default ones)
- use a predefined set of backdrops from the default skin
- have a skin with own backdrops that override the default backdrops

To enable these options the link config should not contain any backdrop settings, so that the backdrop from the default skin is assigned by a naming convention (link 'fceux' matches '/skins/Default/backdrops/fceux.jpg').

Required changes:
- remove backdrop setting from links
- rename backdrop images to match link names
Make sure to update your skins (PS4, PSNext, PSNextDark, OldBoy and Zelda) with the latest version from time to time:
https://boards.dingoonity.org/ingenic-jz4760-devices/low-res-skins-for-gmenu2x-oldboy-zelda/

m1024

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2018, 08:15:30 am »
More a suggestion that a bug:

If you don't set a screenshot path in the link settings, the rom selector is just a plain text list (old gmenu style). To get the preview area (and the cool new GMenuNext look) there should be a default path set for screenshots like
'selectorscreens=./previews'.

With 1.5 a user would have to edit all links manually to use enable the previews. I really think that most users want the preview area in the selector and that a default would make it easier for people to get there: Just put screenshots in the previews sub-folder in each rom folder and you're done.
Make sure to update your skins (PS4, PSNext, PSNextDark, OldBoy and Zelda) with the latest version from time to time:
https://boards.dingoonity.org/ingenic-jz4760-devices/low-res-skins-for-gmenu2x-oldboy-zelda/

jutley (OP)

• Retrogamers97-90
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2018, 08:52:54 am »
Get a faster card and as for the mame remember ROMs directory you need to put the mame folder with no numbers just mame in the ROMs directory in internal folder.
I copied my mame roms until the specified directory and renamed it to 'mame' with its rom subdirectory, but the emulator still doesn't find the roms automatically. Should I have renamed the subdirectory instead?

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

You just name your mame rom folder mame and put it in roms directory.

m1024

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2018, 09:27:32 am »
And another one, sorry  :) :

The default values minBattery and maxBattery in gmenu2x.conf should be changed.

Min should have a large initial value and max a small initial value so that they get updated over time.
We could also set more realistic values like min 3000 and max 4000 or 4500 to make the battery indicator work right from the start.

Stouffa

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2018, 10:29:00 am »
Get a faster card and as for the mame remember ROMs directory you need to put the mame folder with no numbers just mame in the ROMs directory in internal folder.
I copied my mame roms until the specified directory and renamed it to 'mame' with its rom subdirectory, but the emulator still doesn't find the roms automatically. Should I have renamed the subdirectory instead?

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

You just name your mame rom folder mame and put it in roms directory.

I'll do that later, I had simply renamed the original parent MAME4ALL folder as mame and put that in the roms directory (with the mame roms directory inside the mame folder itself). Thanks for the clarification!

pingflood

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2018, 04:55:17 pm »
And another one, sorry  :) :

The default values minBattery and maxBattery in gmenu2x.conf should be changed.

Min should have a large initial value and max a small initial value so that they get updated over time.
We could also set more realistic values like min 3000 and max 4000 or 4500 to make the battery indicator work right from the start.

Just a note:
These values are used only if you set your battery profile (in Settings) as Linear. If you use BL-5C it will use the ~log-fit values based on battery logger shared data.

pingflood

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2018, 05:06:50 pm »

Required changes:

Also a note:

If I understood correctly what you are suggesting, the features you listed already exists on GMenuNext.

In the predefined setup you are using, it won't work because links brackdrops have priority.

It's the same logic as icons. If you set an image in link, it will respect the user preference.

If you don't, it will check if skin backdrops is set.
If is set, it will try to find the best available backdrop.
If it's not set, it will not change the wallpaper.

Priority is:
wallpaper < * default skin backdrop < * user skin backdrop < **link backdrop

*if skin backdrops on
** don't need to have skin backdrops on.

I don't think there's need to another option related to backdrop (e.g., force disable all backdrops).
If your suggestion is applied, you can have more control over it.

ElTopo

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2018, 05:53:22 pm »
Since ver 1.4, Windows does not recognize any kind of storage of the machine via USB cable. For me to load roms I have to remove the microSD from the cartridge adapter every time. When I plug the USB cable I get asked for charging or seeing the folders on windows, but it just goes back to the main menu.

A guy also just mentioned something similar on his own thread: https://boards.dingoonity.org/ingenic-jz4760-devices/rs97-partitions-acces/

Equim

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2018, 06:38:51 pm »
Since ver 1.4, Windows does not recognize any kind of storage of the machine via USB cable. For me to load roms I have to remove the microSD from the cartridge adapter every time. When I plug the USB cable I get asked for charging or seeing the folders on windows, but it just goes back to the main menu.

A guy also just mentioned something similar on his own thread: https://boards.dingoonity.org/ingenic-jz4760-devices/rs97-partitions-acces/
Yep, I'm having the same problem, sadly.

m1024

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2018, 07:36:05 pm »

Required changes:

Also a note:

If I understood correctly what you are suggesting, the features you listed already exists on GMenuNext.

In the predefined setup you are using, it won't work because links brackdrops have priority.

It's the same logic as icons. If you set an image in link, it will respect the user preference.

If you don't, it will check if skin backdrops is set.
If is set, it will try to find the best available backdrop.
If it's not set, it will not change the wallpaper.

Priority is:
wallpaper < * default skin backdrop < * user skin backdrop < **link backdrop

*if skin backdrops on
** don't need to have skin backdrops on.

I don't think there's need to another option related to backdrop (e.g., force disable all backdrops).
If your suggestion is applied, you can have more control over it.

Yes, there's a misunderstanding  :)

The problem isn't your code, but the configuration of the links that come with the CFW 1.5. It's not my own special setup, it affects all users of the latest CFW.
If you or Jutley would apply these changes to the links, the naming convention can work as expected, the backdrops become skinnable and can be disabled.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 07:44:56 pm by m1024 »

jutley (OP)

• Retrogamers97-90
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2018, 10:11:00 pm »

Yep, I'm having the same problem, sadly.

Hi are you guys rebooting and holding button b and then select usb on the screen when it ask? My v1.5 is working fine.If your still having problems then there is a simple fix open partition wizard or any other partition program with the SD card in your card reader.Now look for the ROMs partition and find the option to change drive letter give it a new letter then it will mount.

HercTNT

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2018, 03:29:02 am »
c-dogs beta starts but is unstable. dumps to desktop. as already pointed out mame4all also has this issue.

jutley (OP)

• Retrogamers97-90
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2018, 05:07:01 am »
c-dogs beta starts but is unstable. dumps to desktop. as already pointed out mame4all also has this issue.

Which link are you adding for c-dogs should be cdogs-sdl not the .dge i not had a problem here apart from the sound. And for mame redownload it in the beta testing and delete all current files and replace all the files and link again it will be fine but make sure you link to mame4all.dge only.

HercTNT

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2018, 08:55:35 am »

Which link are you adding for c-dogs should be cdogs-sdl not the .dge i not had a problem here apart from the sound. And for mame redownload it in the beta testing and delete all current files and replace all the files and link again it will be fine but make sure you link to mame4all.dge only.
for cdogs i use the sdl no the .dge. it is not stable. runs only for maybe 45 seconds before it dumps. as for mame4all i only used the latest beta as i never installed any of the previous. i have only linked to mame4all.dge and it's still unstable.

jutley (OP)

• Retrogamers97-90
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2018, 11:15:35 am »
Sounds like you have some other problem somewhere because both are working fine here on v1.5 on external card method either way i have fixed them all in v1.6.

Post a new topic