Author Topic: (help) An extremely cheap and functional console?  (Read 865 times)

setedadivas (OP)

(help) An extremely cheap and functional console?
« on: March 11, 2020, 08:11:32 pm »
Hi, I really need your opinion. I wonder if, currently, there is a console that is cheap and works decently, that to emulate Nes, Master System, Snes and Megadrive?

And that it is very cheap, I need something that has six action keys (A, X, B, Y, L and R).

Note: I know almost nothing about portable consoles.

Best regards!

Enviado de meu moto g(7) play usando o Tapatalk

iball

Re: (help) An extremely cheap and functional console?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2020, 08:33:21 pm »
Hi, I really need your opinion. I wonder if, currently, there is a console that is cheap and works decently, that to emulate Nes, Master System, Snes and Megadrive?

And that it is very cheap, I need something that has six action keys (A, X, B, Y, L and R).

Best regards!

RG-300.  Google it.

Xaijiqq

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2020, 08:42:37 pm »
the original pocketgo/miyoo would be an option but the snes emulation isn't the greatest

setedadivas (OP)

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2020, 11:15:59 am »

Best regards!

RG-300.  Google it.
Ok. Very interested it's.

setedadivas (OP)

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2020, 11:17:47 am »
the original pocketgo/miyoo would be an option but the snes emulation isn't the greatest
It's is tiny, but very beautiful!
Like Dingoo A320, if emulation is equal Dingoo, will buy PocketGo.

Zereth

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2020, 12:30:17 pm »
Bem-vindo! ( ^_^)

I'd also say RG300; 55eur in Amazon, 35eur in Aliexpress. Most of them now ship with the IPS screen; it's like a digital camera screen, alternating columns (forget about pixel-perfect scaling) but it's also 480x320, so it'll work well for CRT consoles. Just don't be afraid of switching emulators if a game you want to play doesn't run as smoothly as you'd like the first time.

Xaijiqq

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2020, 02:24:16 pm »

in some ways it does remind me of the a320.  well when you say, very cheap, what price range we talking here?  maybe consider one of the JZ4770 devices

setedadivas (OP)

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2020, 09:01:33 pm »
+Fala mano!

In fact I am very interested in a model that is cheap, functional and small.

setedadivas (OP)

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2020, 09:07:11 pm »
Bem-vindo! ( ^_^)

I'd also say RG300; 55eur in Amazon, 35eur in Aliexpress. Most of them now ship with the IPS screen; it's like a digital camera screen, alternating columns (forget about pixel-perfect scaling) but it's also 480x320, so it'll work well for CRT consoles. Just don't be afraid of switching emulators if a game you want to play doesn't run as smoothly as you'd like the first time.

in some ways it does remind me of the a320.  well when you say, very cheap, what price range we talking here?  maybe consider one of the JZ4770 devices
Well, the price can be up to $ 70 ~ 80.  The problem with cheap devices is usually the ability to emulate an 8-16bit console downwardly.  An alternative would be to create Custom Firmwares for each device or one that works on all, as they seem to use the same firmware for all.  I was thinking about buying the GKD350h, I saw a video that the manufacturers are creating a mod to add the buttons and R1 and R2.

setedadivas (OP)

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2020, 02:43:11 pm »
PAP KII or III Plus ? good?

Zereth

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2020, 05:43:34 pm »

No. Please, don't do that to yourself. Friends don't let friends buy PAPs in this day and age  :P

Links picked at random, do your own hunt for best prices. (Hey, at least I got you PT links...)  ;)

The GKD350H is a bit beefier than others here.

Lots of good reviews and opinions about the RG350.

Then there are some models which are basically the same with different names: PocketGo v2, Miyoo Max, Powkiddy Q80, Playgo...

Any of these would blow a PAP out of the water.

setedadivas (OP)

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2020, 05:56:25 pm »

No. Please, don't do that to yourself. Friends don't let friends buy PAPs in this day and age 

Links picked at random, do your own hunt for best prices. (Hey, at least I got you PT links...)  ;)

The GKD350H is a bit beefier than others here.

Lots of good reviews and opinions about the RG350.

Then there are some models which are basically the same with different names: PocketGo v2, Miyoo Max, Powkiddy Q80, Playgo...

Any of these would blow a PAP out of the water.
It seems a little difficult to find something that works in the market.  I was researching and found Odroid Go Advance.  It seems to be better, basically I don't need a lot of power, just to emulate some Snes games like Harvest Moon, Super Mario World, Dragon Quest, Young Merlin, WWF Wrestling Mania, Dragon The Bruce Lee Story etc.  Some Megadrive games too.  Really the RG350 has been proving very functional, particularly I don't play much PS1 games, if it were to choose between him and the GKD350h, I would definitely choose the GKD.  I did a brief search on Ebay, Aliexpress, Banggood, Alibaba and found almost nothing to pay.  PocketGo 1 is very, very weak and does not support the games I wanted to play.  Anyway, I appreciate your opinions.  I will decide between the GKD350h and the Odroid Go Advance.  If you have more consoles, please let me know.

Zereth

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2020, 07:28:28 pm »
PocketGo 1 is very, very weak and does not support the games I wanted to play.  Anyway, I appreciate your opinions.  I will decide between the GKD350h and the Odroid Go Advance.  If you have more consoles, please let me know.

PocketGo v2 = Miyoo Max = Playgo = Powkiddy Q80

The PocketGo v1 (small, no joystick) is not only weak, it also has an awful screen (tiny + tearing). Still, I love its looks, specially the gray shell plus purple and black buttons.

The Odroid Go Advance... I'm in love with it. But you'll have to wait, it's out of stock and it will probably go out of stock again as soon as it's up for sale again. There's the Odroid Go (no "Advance" there), which is weaker than its bigger sibling but also has BT and wifi out of the box (the Advance would need a USB dongle for that). But now that you mentioned it, you could also go for a Waveshare Game Hat or a GPi Case por Raspberry Pis. Not to mention the Clockwork Gameshell, which may (or may not) be out of your budget.

Summing up:
- Waveshare Game Hat + Pi: If you like tinkering you can use a Zero W with it. If you own a 3D printer you can make shells for it. It's got a big, nice screen. It's also bulky and not a plug-and-play solution. Also, it's Pi-based: slow to start up and shut down. With a bigger Pi it can run a lot of stuff smoothly, but its price also goes up. Not to mention it's got a single joystick (no d-pad), 4 face buttons and L&R.

- GPi Case + Pi: Zero W, there's an additional cart for using a CM3+Lite (horsepower, man!). No joystick. Nice screen. If you go this way, my humble opinion is to stay clear of LiPos and go to Ikea and get some LADDA 2450 batteries, work like a charm.

- Odroid Go Advance: Lovely, powerful, unavailable... unless you go buy it from some ebay reseller (I've seen them for some 160eur, it's $55+shipping from HK). Big, nice screen (480x320), should do great for GBA games. I'll own one of these... one day...

- Odroid Go: Smaller, weaker, yet kind of "more convenient" than the Advance. Also, cheaper and readily available. Way slimmer and lighter than the GPi. For your use case, I'd consider this one as a "backup device", if you get me.

- GKD350h: Nice. Some will say "GREAT". Horsepower above average. No L2/R2, single joystick; that wouldn't really matter for what you said you wanted, but still noteworthy. One extra point to note: there's no fugly branding on the front, I appreciate that.

- Playgo and family: Cheaper than the GKD, a tad weaker. I think Taki made a video comparing the GKD, the RG350 and the Playgo... Yes, he did! You're welcome, thank Taki  :P

- Clockwork: When I looked for the previous link, this one hit me in the face. I said I was in love with the Odroid Go Advance. True. But I married the Clockwork  :D

- RG300: I wouldn't let this one out. You asked for "cheap", the RG300 is well balanced in my opinion (price/horsepower, spc if you get it at around 35eur). No joystick, nice IPS screen (despite the unaligned pixels, which I hate). If you end up buying a GKD or an Odroid Go Advance you may also buy an Odroid Go or an RG300 for backup. Of these I've just mentioned, the RG300 and the GKD have external batteries, the others don't. I guess you can see where I'm going...

This post got longer than I expected and also took longer than... ok, I have to go afk as if my life depends on it  :o
No time to check for typos, sorry!
Hope it helps, see you later!

setedadivas (OP)

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2020, 07:23:33 pm »
PocketGo 1 is very, very weak and does not support the games I wanted to play.  Anyway, I appreciate your opinions.  I will decide between the GKD350h and the Odroid Go Advance.  If you have more consoles, please let me know.

PocketGo v2 = Miyoo Max = Playgo = Powkiddy Q80

The PocketGo v1 (small, no joystick) is not only weak, it also has an awful screen (tiny + tearing). Still, I love its looks, specially the gray shell plus purple and black buttons.

The Odroid Go Advance... I'm in love with it. But you'll have to wait, it's out of stock and it will probably go out of stock again as soon as it's up for sale again. There's the Odroid Go (no "Advance" there), which is weaker than its bigger sibling but also has BT and wifi out of the box (the Advance would need a USB dongle for that). But now that you mentioned it, you could also go for a Waveshare Game Hat or a GPi Case por Raspberry Pis. Not to mention the Clockwork Gameshell, which may (or may not) be out of your budget.

Summing up:
- Waveshare Game Hat + Pi: If you like tinkering you can use a Zero W with it. If you own a 3D printer you can make shells for it. It's got a big, nice screen. It's also bulky and not a plug-and-play solution. Also, it's Pi-based: slow to start up and shut down. With a bigger Pi it can run a lot of stuff smoothly, but its price also goes up. Not to mention it's got a single joystick (no d-pad), 4 face buttons and L&R.

- GPi Case + Pi: Zero W, there's an additional cart for using a CM3+Lite (horsepower, man!). No joystick. Nice screen. If you go this way, my humble opinion is to stay clear of LiPos and go to Ikea and get some LADDA 2450 batteries, work like a charm.

- Odroid Go Advance: Lovely, powerful, unavailable... unless you go buy it from some ebay reseller (I've seen them for some 160eur, it's $55+shipping from HK). Big, nice screen (480x320), should do great for GBA games. I'll own one of these... one day...

- Odroid Go: Smaller, weaker, yet kind of "more convenient" than the Advance. Also, cheaper and readily available. Way slimmer and lighter than the GPi. For your use case, I'd consider this one as a "backup device", if you get me.

- GKD350h: Nice. Some will say "GREAT". Horsepower above average. No L2/R2, single joystick; that wouldn't really matter for what you said you wanted, but still noteworthy. One extra point to note: there's no fugly branding on the front, I appreciate that.

- Playgo and family: Cheaper than the GKD, a tad weaker. I think Taki made a video comparing the GKD, the RG350 and the Playgo... Yes, he did! You're welcome, thank Taki 

- Clockwork: When I looked for the previous link, this one hit me in the face. I said I was in love with the Odroid Go Advance. True. But I married the Clockwork  :D

- RG300: I wouldn't let this one out. You asked for "cheap", the RG300 is well balanced in my opinion (price/horsepower, spc if you get it at around 35eur). No joystick, nice IPS screen (despite the unaligned pixels, which I hate). If you end up buying a GKD or an Odroid Go Advance you may also buy an Odroid Go or an RG300 for backup. Of these I've just mentioned, the RG300 and the GKD have external batteries, the others don't. I guess you can see where I'm going...

This post got longer than I expected and also took longer than... ok, I have to go afk as if my life depends on it  :o
No time to check for typos, sorry!
Hope it helps, see you later!
Many options to choose from!
Thanks!

LBL Gamer

• Level By Level Gaming
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2020, 12:35:47 am »
I have emulated all the systems he states he wants to play on my pap k3 plus no problems. Nick has taken my menu (LBL Custom) and others made a great easy to install external sd version. The screen, size, and buttons are good and the price can be as low as $35 on aliexpress and amazon. Why all the PK3+ hate above?
Just your average 80's kid with a love for all things gaming. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN25Sl8nR2pcbikBa2ZRZvQ

setedadivas (OP)

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2020, 12:41:42 am »
I have emulated all the systems he states he wants to play on my pap k3 plus no problems. Nick has taken my menu (LBL Custom) and others made a great easy to install external sd version. The screen, size, and buttons are good and the price can be as low as $35 on aliexpress and amazon. Why all the PK3+ hate above?
Man, I think PAP KIII is excellent, particularly.  In fact, I watched some Reviews of it and realized that it is a great cost benefit, in addition to being handsome.  Although there are more modern and powerful consoles, I think it would be like a bicycle, you can move around easily on consoles 8 and 16 bits.

Zereth

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2020, 08:32:15 am »
Why all the PK3+ hate above?
My cousing bought one, had me "fine tune it". The screen stopped working after a month, so he bought another one. I did nothing to that one, the screen stopped working a month later. He's stubborn, bought another one, had me "fine tune it" again. Buttons started not registering after 3 weeks and, guess what... the screen stopped working soon later. I asked him if I could have them, for parts and experiments; he showed up with a PSP for me to "fine tune" and told me he had used the PAPs por target practice...

Not really hate, it's just I can't recommend them, as you can imagine. I'm delighted you are enjoying yours, really.
Also, I don't endorse my cousin's behavior. Target practice against living animals or electronic devices is just as bad to me.