Author Topic: windows handheld device  (Read 276564 times)

leafar

Re: windows handheld device
« Reply #320 on: January 08, 2016, 05:08:23 pm »
No exactly a rounded fan more like a mechanical little shape cylinder blower for air flow, and to protect the screen like flip convertible screen.
I don't think that this types of feature is a big deal is the going for cheap plastic design,those all parts they already exists,or maybe is pretty cheap to designed.
I like feature

SNESFAN

« Reply #321 on: January 09, 2016, 12:33:34 am »
I like that last design deen0x, sliders seem to be harder engineer correctly and don't provide as much protection, a clamshell of the same would not only be easier but provide more protection. Might be something to think about.
Using Tapatalk

leafar

« Reply #322 on: January 09, 2016, 03:14:45 am »
Denoox where are the speaker and mic in the las design and can be the device like tablet regular shape design suggestion.

Deen0X

« Reply #323 on: January 09, 2016, 09:26:38 am »
Denoox where are the speaker and mic in the las design and can be the device like tablet regular shape design suggestion.

are in bottom face, but this it is an element (and the mic hole) that the manufacturer will found where can locate, based on the internal design.

tablet regular shape design? what do you mean? a rectangle device?

leafar

« Reply #324 on: January 09, 2016, 02:42:38 pm »

are in bottom face, but this it is an element (and the mic hole) that the manufacturer will found where can locate, based on the internal design.

Yes

So many post a the designing team from GPD doesn't said nothing
DeenOX kickstart your design, windows free, skylake SOC,4g, ssd, MHL or thunderbolt for feature connect a high end graphic card, USB type C, sd card .dual boot or third boot, remix 2.0 they said can be done over intel and AMD free download janaury 12.At least 8 inches screen and telescopic game control design detachable

Saber

« Reply #325 on: January 10, 2016, 12:21:39 pm »
I'd like to add to the discussion that I would like GPD to use a 720p display if possible.

Something as high quality and colorful as what the XD has. Windows 10 has very good scaling which will help with small fonts, but battery life will be less with a larger resolution on a 5.5".

kendyzhu777 (OP)

« Reply #326 on: January 18, 2016, 06:16:43 am »
some detail specs about GPD-Win.
I/O port: 1?USB Type-C,1?USB(A) 3.0 ,HDMI D  Type (Micro HDMI) ,3.5mm Headset jack, TF card Maximum up to 128GB
Network: WIFI and bluetooth are both support.

shinkamui

« Reply #327 on: January 18, 2016, 02:48:11 pm »
I love the speculation and design wishlist aspect of this thread, and Deenox's designs are droolworthy, but are there any official details and maybe an updated render or picture of what this thing is going to look like and have?  At this point, I want to see what GPD is working on...

shinkamui

« Reply #328 on: January 18, 2016, 02:53:53 pm »

Yes

So many post a the designing team from GPD doesn't said nothing
DeenOX kickstart your design, windows free, skylake SOC,4g, ssd, MHL or thunderbolt for feature connect a high end graphic card, USB type C, sd card .dual boot or third boot, remix 2.0 they said can be done over intel and AMD free download janaury 12.At least 8 inches screen and telescopic game control design detachable

We kind of already have that device today.  Its called the Lynx Vision 8 gaming tab. :)   If you're talking about removing the controller (aka not integrated) and you're looking for an 8"ish device running windows, you're not completely out of luck today.   There are dozens of windows 7-8" tabs and about 5 different telescoping case controllers that you can mix and match alacarte to make a sub 200$ gaming tab setup.     The real treasure is in the 5-6" pocketable clamshell or psp sized portable device, that doesn't exist in any form right now.

Deen0X

« Reply #329 on: January 18, 2016, 03:01:17 pm »
the telescopic control that mention is not a "telescopic removable control"

he refers to a telescopic mechanism to expand the controller and allow more space between screen and controls

take as example the iPega PG-9055

this gaming controller have two "screws" that allow to expand the grips, for get more comfortable to the user.

think on something similar on the device that allow to expand their structure, for allow to play in comfortable way.

i did some designs based on this, but i discard because are not "practical". i have a mid-state design about this concept now, but i get a little bit busy and did not finished yet, but the main idea is the same, expanding controls (a little bit) for getting better confort on playing, most for people with big hands.

^_^

(of course, i know is a design that GPD will not consider really, but i like to create designs) ;)

LordDavon

« Reply #330 on: January 18, 2016, 03:45:52 pm »
I love the speculation and design wishlist aspect of this thread, and Deenox's designs are droolworthy, but are there any official details and maybe an updated render or picture of what this thing is going to look like and have?  At this point, I want to see what GPD is working on...

Read Kendyzhu777's posts.  Kendy is with GPD.  He's been posting info on the device.

monstercameron

« Reply #331 on: January 18, 2016, 09:20:28 pm »
Damn these devices seem to have  some pent up demand. I remember when I used to be on the openpandora forums proposing these ideas. Sure not everything was feasible nor was I the most tactful but I would get shut down so hard. Wrong crowd is guess.

redlemon

« Reply #332 on: January 18, 2016, 09:26:06 pm »
Damn these devices seem to have  some pent up demand. I remember when I used to be on the openpandora forums proposing these ideas. Sure not everything was feasible nor was I the most tactful but I would get shut down so hard. Wrong crowd is guess.

I think timing has a lot to do with it. Stuff like emulation station and steam big picture mode makes a device like this much more usable from a ui point of view than even a couple of years ago.

sirp0p0

« Reply #333 on: January 18, 2016, 09:40:24 pm »

I think timing has a lot to do with it. Stuff like emulation station and steam big picture mode makes a device like this much more usable from a ui point of view than even a couple of years ago.

OpenPandora was just a few people right? Stuff like this would make a difference to them but GPD has many more resources  at their disposal.
The Open Pandora ended up being super expensive as a result. I really wanted one but between the initial scarcity and the cost it just wasn't worth it.

shinkamui

« Reply #334 on: January 19, 2016, 01:09:44 am »
the telescopic control that mention is not a "telescopic removable control"

he refers to a telescopic mechanism to expand the controller and allow more space between screen and controls

take as example the iPega PG-9055

this gaming controller have two "screws" that allow to expand the grips, for get more comfortable to the user.

think on something similar on the device that allow to expand their structure, for allow to play in comfortable way.

i did some designs based on this, but i discard because are not "practical". i have a mid-state design about this concept now, but i get a little bit busy and did not finished yet, but the main idea is the same, expanding controls (a little bit) for getting better confort on playing, most for people with big hands.

^_^

(of course, i know is a design that GPD will not consider really, but i like to create designs) ;)

Actually, he specifically says telescopic detatchable, which is why i suggested his dreams had already been realized.  Perhaps i misinterpreted his comment?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 01:13:04 am by shinkamui »

shinkamui

« Reply #335 on: January 19, 2016, 01:11:17 am »

Read Kendyzhu777's posts.  Kendy is with GPD.  He's been posting info on the device.

All i saw was his post about ports.  I want to know about the ram, chipset, gpu, and storage type at this point in development.  I dont know how far along they are, but if they're heading in a direction that will turn this into the windows equivalent of the XD, I need to start looking at other products that are closer to meeting my performance needs and are available today. 

Deen0X

« Reply #336 on: January 19, 2016, 01:12:30 am »
ups!, you're right. i missed the "detachable" word... XDDDD

kendyzhu777 (OP)

« Reply #337 on: January 19, 2016, 02:24:01 am »
We finally determine some important specific configuration:
CPU:Intel Atom X5 Z8500 ;Quad-core processor/Quad threading ;64 bit Instruction set ;14 nm Process technology.
Storage: 4GB/64GB
Operating System:Windows 10 Home.
Display:Capacitance screen, multi-touch support;5.5 Inch ;1280?720 resolution;Corning Gorilla Glass 3, In-Cell technology.

shinkamui

« Reply #338 on: January 19, 2016, 02:29:41 am »
any possible chance you can bump the screen up to 6"?

eragon2890

« Reply #339 on: January 19, 2016, 11:59:36 am »
Awesome!

I like the 720p screen it?s cheaper and more easy on the (weak obviously) GPU

"fast" cherrytrail, nice
bluetooth, 4 GB ram, gorilla glass, very nice

One thing tough: In addition to the horrific game performance over longer time due to trothling, there is one other thing I find crucial:

I don?t care if you have to violate some trademarks or something (the XD also comes with "Xbox360" and "ps3" joystick drivers) but make sure windows thinls the controller is an xbox360 controller so all steam games work with it. If it is not recognized 100% as an xbox360 controller, I will *not* buy the device, simply as that.

And please *also* make it possible (for older games which do not support xbox360 controller but do have controller support) to use xinput.

Thank you! :D