• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: windows handheld device  (Read 213939 times)

kendyzhu777 (OP)

windows handheld device
« on: December 18, 2015, 02:32:47 am »
Hey~guys,How do you think the windows handheld device?

SONY

• !
Re: windows handheld device
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 02:57:59 am »
Yes please...and I want the 2nd prototype design.

And without analogue sticks the 3rd one is useless .
Nintendo Switch w/ipega PG-9083

SONY PS3 Super Slim
SONY PS4 Slim
SONY PS4 Pro

ALLDOCUBE Mix Plus w/ ipega PG-9023

Apple iPad pro 2019 w/Gamevice (pending)

eragon2890

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 03:10:48 am »
YESS!! number two please!

Do make it x86 not arm!

SONY

• !
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2015, 03:15:35 am »
I thought Wondows is only x86??

SONY PS3 Super Slim
SONY PS4 Slim
SONY PS4 Pro

MilezAhead

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2015, 03:36:41 am »
Pretty please number 2. Would buy immediately if I can play steam games on the go.

SONY

• !
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2015, 03:46:26 am »
Atom processor?

SONY PS3 Super Slim
SONY PS4 Slim
SONY PS4 Pro

sirp0p0

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2015, 04:23:22 am »
It's a shame there aren't any portables besides the OpenPandora that have a keyboard. If GPD has said screw it to the size and thrown a keyboard in the middle it of the XD controls it would have absolutely brilliant. I've seen some very slim mini keyboards they could have easily integrated into the case. I have one of these and popped it open and the board is super slim.

SONY

• !
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2015, 04:48:03 am »
Hey everyone, if this dream becomes reality then we might need to move this topic elsewhere :D
Atm, GPD is a sub section under Android General Discussions.

SONY PS3 Super Slim
SONY PS4 Slim
SONY PS4 Pro

lemmywinks

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2015, 07:29:44 am »
Like the first one (maybe swap the left analog stick and dpad around) only with a full mini keyboard in between the dpad and right stick.

Although everybody is asking for the second one that would be a disaster as your thumbs would be in an awkward position due to how close the buttons and dpad are to the edges.

If you can't make it comfortable with a keyboard then maybe omit the keyboard or use a slightly larger shell.
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, PlayGo, RS-90, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket c/w screen mod, PSP Go
PC:
Medion Erazer, Toshiba Z20t, Dell Mini 9, Psion 5MX
Tons of other old laptops and tablets.....

fetarius

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2015, 01:56:01 pm »
I would buy #2 if it was Atom (Intel) and not ARM.

eragon2890

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2015, 02:12:18 pm »

redlemon

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2015, 02:54:44 pm »
The first one I guess. It all really depends on the physical dimensions though. I'd be happy with a similar form factor to the GPD XD since I don't really care about a keyboard. The main things I'd want for a windows gaming handheld is guaranteed x-input support so it's hassle free as is reasonably possible and hdmi output so I can work on a big screen when sorting out game settings, setting up emulators and other desktop things.
The only other important thing I can think of at the moment is that it can support as high a microsd as possible so since PC games tend to take up a lot of space.

lemmywinks

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2015, 04:09:05 pm »
The first one I guess. It all really depends on the physical dimensions though. I'd be happy with a similar form factor to the GPD XD since I don't really care about a keyboard. The main things I'd want for a windows gaming handheld is guaranteed x-input support so it's hassle free as is reasonably possible and hdmi output so I can work on a big screen when sorting out game settings, setting up emulators and other desktop things.
The only other important thing I can think of at the moment is that it can support as high a microsd as possible so since PC games tend to take up a lot of space.

Yup, Xinput is the most necessary thing. Might seem obvious but Chinese companies have a habit of missing important details. Absolute minimum internal storage should be 32gb too as Windows takes up a few gb and the games can be huge.
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, PlayGo, RS-90, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket c/w screen mod, PSP Go
PC:
Medion Erazer, Toshiba Z20t, Dell Mini 9, Psion 5MX
Tons of other old laptops and tablets.....

wisausnk

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2015, 04:15:28 pm »
Definitly the Nr. 2 but you have to work on the Screen and Backlight quality. Better make it a bit more expensive and Quality wise better...

redlemon

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2015, 04:31:09 pm »

Yup, Xinput is the most necessary thing. Might seem obvious but Chinese companies have a habit of missing important details.

Yup It's amazing how things that seem obvious when you're invested in an ecosystem never occur to others.
I saw that the original Disgaea is getting a PC port and from the screenshots it looks like its going to be Direct input which is crazy for a port coming out in 2016.

­

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2015, 04:41:31 pm »
The second one is probably the superior design, but you have to take other things into account such as size and battery life. I'm currently thrilled to see GPD adopting user suggestions, but I have to wait and see the full specs of their device.

postexitus

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2015, 05:15:03 pm »
2nd design is the best. But needs touchpad support as well, if we want this to replace our laptops.

It definitely needs a keyboard, I wouldn't need a laptop anymore if it had keyboard and touchpad support. One thing that would be awesome is to mimick Ps3 bluetooth keyboard's mouse behaviour. The Keys are flattish (like blackberry curve 9900) but they are also a touchpad if you swipe your fingers across. This would be the killer laptop replacement.

Also, I wouldn't mind having the option to run android on it. Or just put the keyboard into the existing GPD XD, I don't care about windows.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 05:16:41 pm by postexitus »

Skelton-retired

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2015, 07:14:20 pm »
Most probably they will end using cherrytrail z8300 or z8500 and windows 10. Perhaps dual boot with android 5.1 like some other intel tablets do,
Retired

eragon2890

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2015, 07:26:36 pm »
according to youtube, a z8500 would mean games like fallout new vegas, gta V and the like would be kind of playable actually. That would be nice in a 5 inch handheld. "XD"

­

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2015, 07:46:41 pm »
according to youtube, a z8500 would mean games like fallout new vegas, gta V and the like would be kind of playable actually. That would be nice in a 5 inch handheld. "XD"

That's assuming it will be a 5'' handheld. I'm assuming they'll buff it up to 7'' or greater to accommodate everything - but it'll be totally sweet if they didn't.

Also, Android / Windows ARM dual boot FTW.