• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Where to buy GPD Win 2 shoulder button?  (Read 2569 times)

Alien Grey (OP)

Where to buy GPD Win 2 shoulder button?
« on: February 12, 2021, 05:44:54 pm »
Already bought a new shell and screen cable but now that I've got it back working again the L1 shoulder button doesn't work any more.  :(

I'm going to need the L1 shoulder button + MicroSwitch to fix it but don't know where it can be bought.
Dingoo A-380 CFW V2.11.09 "RetroDD" - 2 x SanDisk SDHC 32GB Class 10 MicroSD Inside - 2 x Dingoo F-16 Wireless Game Controller

Faust

Re: Where to buy GPD Win 2 shoulder button?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2021, 09:16:34 am »
Already bought a new shell and screen cable but now that I've got it back working again the L1 shoulder button doesn't work any more.  :(

I'm going to need the L1 shoulder button + MicroSwitch to fix it but don't know where it can be bought.
You should ask Mjpia or Psyops

Envoy? de mon G8441 en utilisant Tapatalk

Alien Grey (OP)

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2021, 01:03:59 pm »
How can I get in contact with them?

I would also like to know if the power for the Analog left stick is connected to the L1 shoulder button? Only up and down worked with the broken L1 shoulder button. Removed it and now the left analog stick doesn't work at all any more. I've got up and down working again without the L1 button.

It sucks that you've got to remove the board to get to the Analog stick connection. That makes it a lot more difficult to try to fix it.  :(

All of this could(ve been avoided if I knew how easy it is to adjust the stenght of the screen hinge before it broke the shell.  ???
« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 02:36:11 pm by Alien Grey »
Dingoo A-380 CFW V2.11.09 "RetroDD" - 2 x SanDisk SDHC 32GB Class 10 MicroSD Inside - 2 x Dingoo F-16 Wireless Game Controller

Faust

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2021, 08:05:45 am »
How can I get in contact with them?

I would also like to know if the power for the Analog left stick is connected to the L1 shoulder button? Only up and down worked with the broken L1 shoulder button. Removed it and now the left analog stick doesn't work at all any more. I've got up and down working again without the L1 button.

It sucks that you've got to remove the board to get to the Analog stick connection. That makes it a lot more difficult to try to fix it.  :(

All of this could(ve been avoided if I knew how easy it is to adjust the stenght of the screen hinge before it broke the shell.  ???
Either you come to our GPD discord channel, either you pin them here @PsyOps @MJPIA

Alien Grey (OP)

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2021, 09:00:51 am »
Thanks Faust.

I asked for it in the GPD resellers discord channel. I hope someone has a repacement L1 shoulder button for sale and can ship it to Belgium. I already ordered a new analog stick if I also need to replace the left analog stick.

Faust

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2021, 01:05:39 pm »
Thanks Faust.

I asked for it in the GPD resellers discord channel. I hope someone has a repacement L1 shoulder button for sale and can ship it to Belgium. I already ordered a new analog stick if I also need to replace the left analog stick.
Worst case you can come on https://www.open-consoles.com/ and ask diablotinbouky who is Belchine owner, the GPD Belgium reseller.

Alien Grey (OP)

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2021, 09:07:44 am »
I'm one step closer to fixing my issue. I contacted the official GPD store on Aliexpress where I bought the shell and the screen cables and asked them for a replacement L1 shoulder button. He needs to contact the factory but it looks like it's going to be possible to buy a replacement L1 shoulder button.  8)

I also asked them to make the original GPD Win 2 analog sticks avaialable as a replacment part. I would prefer to use them if I need to replace the left analog stick.

Alien Grey (OP)

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2021, 03:13:47 pm »
The analog sticks arrived. I replaced the left malfunctioning analog stick with a PS Vita 2000 compatible one. That fixed the issue with the left analog stick. I don't know if the old one is broken or if it's malfunctioning because of bad connection. The PS Vita 2000 compatible analog sticks seems to be exactly the same as the GPD Win 2 analog sticks. You can easily remove the rubber from the GPD Win 2 analog sticks and put them on the PS Vita 2000 compatible analog sticks.

Still waiting though for a new L1 shoulder button with micro switch. I don't know why it's taking so long but the answer is still that it's going to be available but no date is given yet.  :(

Post a new topic
Post a new topic