Author Topic: The problem of your GPD WIN  (Read 91666 times)

Mountainmohawk

Re: The problem of your GPD WIN
« Reply #705 on: July 08, 2017, 08:50:28 pm »
So I recently noticed a very minor issue, but it's annoying nontheless.

The casing feels a bit loose above the power and guide button. If you press down on it, you can feel it depress a little bit and it makes a quiet creaking noise.

Has anybody else ran into this?

algorithm

« Reply #706 on: July 10, 2017, 12:34:10 am »
I recently did a fresh install using windows 10 64bit (LTSB Edition).  Installed the drivers and all seems fine.  Issue I am having is that it tries to update to 1607 but always fails..  usually at 10% or 45% it stays there.  No issues with wifi.

Tried manual downloads of updates but after installation it reboots, applies updates, but then looking at update history, It shows all as being "failed".   And attempting to update via windows update gives the usual freeze at 45% at so.

Am I right in that windows ltsb edition cannot update to later versions, hence attempting to update (which it should not) results in the freeze?   I notice there is an option to defer feature updates, my assumption was that this was completely disabled in LTSB Edition

algorithm

« Reply #707 on: July 10, 2017, 11:00:41 pm »
All fixed now, but took a considerable amount of attempts.. Rebooted, Ran the disk scan, Forced manual update via file (which failed again) then rebooted and attempted online update which worked.

Then there was the very very long process of cleaning up the windows update (which reported windows update files as something large such as 3.99TB) Over two hours no joy, hence ran the dism tool to clean the updates instead after.

nekorin

« Reply #708 on: July 15, 2017, 03:56:15 pm »
Hi everyone,

I'm a proud owner of a GPD Win which I got 2 days back. Tried out DMC and KOFXIII and KOFXIII is crashing everytime I reach the last boss with the error:

application "kofxii" has been blocked from graphics hardware

How do I go about resolving this problem? Here are the gpd win specs:

• GPD Win batch date 06-05-2017.
  • Intel display driver version is: 20.19.15.4331  (driver date 11/18/2015)
  • Windows 10 version: 1703 (Creators version, OS build 15063.483), the device come pre-patch with creators update.

Pintek

« Reply #709 on: July 15, 2017, 04:13:13 pm »
Might need to contact GPD for service I had a similar error ontop of a event viewer log with a gfx driver crash. Had to send it back for repairs now no more issues.

nekorin

« Reply #710 on: July 15, 2017, 05:04:18 pm »
I see... is it a good idea to attempt to update windows (it has quite a number of updates from the windows update) and the  display driver first?

eragon2890

• e
« Reply #711 on: July 15, 2017, 06:37:20 pm »
I see... is it a good idea to attempt to update windows (it has quite a number of updates from the windows update) and the  display driver first?

Follow the steps here, it worked perfectyl for me and I had the old 2015 driver too: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000022448.html

By follow the steps I mean install the intel driver update utility, run it, and let it upgrade to the suggested display driver, which I think will be the one from march 2017. Then reboot your win and see if it fixes the crash(es).

nekorin

« Reply #712 on: July 16, 2017, 01:22:16 pm »

Follow the steps here, it worked perfectyl for me and I had the old 2015 driver too: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000022448.html

By follow the steps I mean install the intel driver update utility, run it, and let it upgrade to the suggested display driver, which I think will be the one from march 2017. Then reboot your win and see if it fixes the crash(es).

Thanks for the link and thread. I've updated the graphics driver. The error is still occurring though, but it might be a problem with the game itself as there are some reported problems similar to what I encounter in the steam forums from players with integrated graphics card.

eragon2890

• e
« Reply #713 on: July 16, 2017, 02:24:23 pm »

Thanks for the link and thread. I've updated the graphics driver. The error is still occurring though, but it might be a problem with the game itself as there are some reported problems similar to what I encounter in the steam forums from players with integrated graphics card.

If it Always happens at the same spot, its probably due to the game, (Always last boss right?) as the crashes I meant occur at random intervals... :)

nekorin

« Reply #714 on: July 17, 2017, 03:40:41 am »

If it Always happens at the same spot, its probably due to the game, (Always last boss right?) as the crashes I meant occur at random intervals... :)

Yep always at the last boss.

bitersnake

« Reply #715 on: July 17, 2017, 11:02:05 am »
As a last resort, you might eant to try installing the phdgd skylake 2.9 drivers. There's a video on youtube by surfaceGamerPro on how to install this on the Win. I have had better luck with some games using these drivers- could be worth a shot for your problem.

rmf34

« Reply #716 on: July 22, 2017, 03:25:14 am »
My GPD Win (8700 ordered in December 2016) has started to shutdown and reboot instantly now. It happens around 47% battery it immediately shuts down and reboots, and after it happens once it will keep happening about every 10 mins until battery is dead. I have tried using the intel driver utility and installing latest drivers, installing new windows update, uninstalling windows update, and turning off memory debugger. None of these have worked idk what else to try at this point seems like only other explanation is some hardware issue

algorithm

« Reply #717 on: July 24, 2017, 02:43:40 pm »
My GPD Win (8700 ordered in December 2016) has started to shutdown and reboot instantly now. It happens around 47% battery it immediately shuts down and reboots, and after it happens once it will keep happening about every 10 mins until battery is dead. I have tried using the intel driver utility and installing latest drivers, installing new windows update, uninstalling windows update, and turning off memory debugger. None of these have worked idk what else to try at this point seems like only other explanation is some hardware issue

Try a fresh install using the iso image with the preloaded drivers. 

sedef122003

« Reply #718 on: July 29, 2017, 08:27:57 pm »
Console ran out of power, plugged it into charge and there was a lie light, left it plugged in for a good few hours and the blue light was still there so I pressed the power button just to see if anything would happen, the blue light went off but now there is no light when plugged in and the power button does nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EvilDragon

• DragonBox Shop
« Reply #719 on: July 30, 2017, 08:06:15 pm »
It probably crashed when the power was too low and still is in that crashed state.

Unplug it and.press and hold the power button for at least 30 seconds (hard shut off).

Connect the charger. Let it charge for 1 - 2 hours. Then unplug.it and try to turn it on. If that doesn't work try another hard shutoff and try to start again. That might work.

Sent from my XT1650-03 using Tapatalk

I'm evil.

Post a new topic