Author Topic: The problem of your GPD WIN  (Read 86246 times)

derekg49

Re: The problem of your GPD WIN
« Reply #735 on: August 05, 2017, 01:13:55 pm »
Hi
I have a second hand machine and have the following intermittent problems:
- Fan doesn't work not matter what setting on the switch at the back
- Keyboard doesn't work bar the keys to the far right (R3 L3, delete etc.)

Keyboard doesn't work in BIOS either.

need2burn

« Reply #736 on: August 05, 2017, 08:31:45 pm »
2-week-old aluminum "June 5th" revision with the same problem as Jynx. Started last night, was playing fine, shut down at ~25%, through it on the charger and now only blue light. No purple/red/orange, no battery status screen. I put it on the charger overnight and still only show blue LED. Any suggestions? And will Gearbest give full refunds? I really like this device but I am not happy with the possible wait time + this charging situation.

I also was going to try a Switch charger, but they're only 1.5A. Would a trickle-charge be helpful here or something with a little more power?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 08:33:47 pm by need2burn »

need2burn

« Reply #737 on: August 06, 2017, 02:10:22 am »
@Jynx & the other guy with the blue light zombie.

I decided to open her up and disconnect the battery for a few minutes. I tried to boot it with just the USB-C but the light instead just spazzed out, so I'm thinking this is a serial power connection. Anyway, I plugged the battery back in and now I have the purple pulsing light. I'll update if it kicks back on.

NicolasR

« Reply #738 on: August 07, 2017, 06:20:55 am »
@NicolasR, I would recommend contacting Kendy and getting it replaced.

I tried but never got an answer...

Try again, I guess. You're emailing her?

Ok I send my third email to her just now.
I send the first one on 22th july.

algorithm

« Reply #739 on: August 07, 2017, 08:27:19 am »
Thankfully I have had no issues yet with my GPD Win (Although I have had the issue of it undercharging at 25% and turning off) and was some trouble to get it back up to charge again.  I guess in some cases it just is not possible.

Lost faith in GPD.  There were similar (worse) problems with the GPD XD with the battery circuitry blowing just because a fast charger was used.

Hardware needs to be extensively tested first before release. Its not as if these devices are cheap 80 devices.  Lets hope there are not similar problems with the GPD Pocket.

Jynx

« Reply #740 on: August 07, 2017, 09:45:38 pm »
I got a friend who knows more about computers to help me out with this and my GPD WIN is back up and running. For those of you still having troubles, here are the steps that brought it back:
-Remove battery
-Hold down the power button to fully dissipate any remaining charge
-Re-attach battery
-Power off the unit (it will turn on as soon as the battery is re-attached)
-Hold down R3 while turning on the unit again
-After the LED turns on, continue to hold R3 for several seconds
-Release R3 and the screen came back on.

Hope this helps!

kai2018new

« Reply #741 on: August 15, 2017, 11:21:06 pm »
Hey,

I have the second revision of the GPD Win (February 2017, Z8700). Everything had been working so far. But overnight the keyboard and the usb port functionality have stopped working (only the power button, volume buttons and 360 controller elements are still working). And if the fan control switch is at the highest position the fan doesn't make any noise. Only at the middle position the fan works.

Has anyone the same issues?

Thank you for your answers.

Zeeshan

« Reply #742 on: August 16, 2017, 02:55:07 pm »
Hi kendy
I have a gpd win , on first time used of gpd win works really fine but after second it not turning on only blue led lights stay on no fan working no screen
I tried all ways
Charged it no work
Drain battery  and then charge again same no work
Put the battery out and then re plugged it same no work
Kindly help what else i can do to make it alive

need2burn

« Reply #743 on: August 17, 2017, 02:41:30 am »
Hi kendy
I have a gpd win , on first time used of gpd win works really fine but after second it not turning on only blue led lights stay on no fan working no screen
I tried all ways
Charged it no work
Drain battery  and then charge again same no work
Put the battery out and then re plugged it same no work
Kindly help what else i can do to make it alive

Is it the newest revision? Had that too. Returning it to GearBest at the moment. If GPD would respond as to how to stop this from happening, I'd be grateful. There are multiple reports of the same thing happening.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 02:44:30 am by need2burn »