I made an account here as an absolute last resort to get my GPD Win working again. I have looked over every single help topic that exists that I can possibly Google search. I have looked over every seemingly related topic I can find on every single forum I can look at. I have googled a hundred times any possible help I can get, and still cannot at all for the life of me find any possible way to either get the touchscreen working, or get a replacement touchscreen. I am at my wit's end, about ready to give up, and just stop using this computer and wait for some kind of similar thing in the future, even though I was really excited that this computer had come out to the public. I've only owned this machine for 4 months, and it's really not fair that there's no clear place to go to for support, no clear point of contact, not a lot of reported success from anyone else who has a broken machine.
The touch function on my Win stopped working about two weeks ago. I have tried everything I can think of that I know how to do to get it working again and it absolutely will not work. At this point I'll try to list off everything I did but may have forgotten a few things. It doesn't matter if the computer is on battery or plugged in with any of these troubleshooting steps.
- Restarted hundreds of times. I've shut down, sleep, hibernated, left the device off for an hour before turning it on. None will work.
- I've gone into the power options and turned off every single option related to saving battery power. I've disabled battery saving of any kind in my graphics drivers options, in settings, and device manager.
- I have rotated the screen on the device every single rotation, and restarted the computer in that rotation. It is useless.
- I have plugged the computer into a monitor, as one person said it worked for them, and rebooted while plugged into the monitor. It doesn't do anything.
- I downloaded every single Windows update that was available and have kept it up to date since in the hopes that an update will fix the issue. Analog mouse works, USB mice work, keyboard works, every single accessory works except for the touch screen.
- I attempted to turn off the service related to touch and re-enable it several times and that does nothing.
- I downloaded the driver pack on one of the help topics in this forum and tried reinstalling all of the drivers. The drivers install successfully but still do not work. I have disabled the Goodix touch drivers, the USB touch drivers, the HID compliant drivers, all drivers related to touch, and attempted to reinstall them. Again they install successfully but it will not work.
- I downloaded the ~6GB firmware update from one of the help topics. But really am not familiar with working in the BIOS. I'm not so new to computers but I'm not good at working in the BIOS and I'd need more explanation on how to work with it. So far no resource on the internet can explain how to work with the BIOS on this particular computer. I also don't know if there are any other drivers out there that would work with this machine as I just don't know much about how it's put together.
- There are no restore points for me to go back to in order to try enabling the touch drivers again.
- One help topic said to pry the screen off of the computer, and reseat the cable going into the small screen. I was able to do that successfully the first time and this did not change it or help it. However, I attempted to do it again and ended up shattering the screen, so now I need a new screen regardless and can't find a single link as to where they are sold, if anywhere. One person on this forum reported buying a new one but I don't know where he managed to find it.
I'll try anything I can that anyone can recommend, but I have to get a replacement touch screen from somewhere even if I can get the touch fixed because I have now shattered the screen attempting to pry it off a second time in the hopes that disconnecting/reconnecting the strip to the main board would work. I have Googled and searched on every website related to the GPD Win and all I can find are reviews and sales of machines and replacement buttons, I cannot find anywhere that sells replacement screens, and don't know how much they'd be anyway. I just want a working computer. I don't have a lot of money to blow on buying an entire replacement machine or huge international shipping costs or repair fees. I don't know if there's any kind of warranty or any possible chance this thing could be repaired. Please if anyone can help, if anyone can recommend anything, if there's any possible hope I can get this computer to its original working condition again, please let me know.