My Games freeze intermittently and I get a warning in the Event Viewer System Log that says:
Display driver igfxLP stopped responding and has successfully recovered.
I have tried:
1. The drivers you linked to earlier (4256) - no effect
2. The 4539 beta drivers - no effect
3. Disabling both Kionix sensor devices (this seems to have reduced the freezes)
4. Using the Fan on Low (middle setting), rather than High (initial tests suggests this reduces the freezes)
5. Enabling IGD Thermal
6. Enabling DTS
I have also:
1. Run the Windows Memory Tester (no issues found)
2. Checked my temperatures (they've never gone over 78C - with Fan on high it freezes as early as 65C, with Fan on low it freezes as early as 74C. After recovering, both will go higher though.).
Also, side question:
You had said on the IGG Campaign that the GPD Win would support S3 sleep. I can't get it to support S3 sleep, it only supports Connected Standby. I've tried the following:
1. Making sure the ACPI settings in the Bios have S3 (Suspend to Ram) enabled
2. Disabled S0ix support in the bios for the CPU
3. Set the CSenabled registry setting to 0 - HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\CsEnabled
However, powercfg /a still doesn't list S3 as a supported sleep state. Any ideas?
*edit* looks like the BIOS needs to support setting this flag to disabled:
Can we get a bios setting to add that? I want S3 sleep, not connected standby.