I thought I would share the method I use for launching steam games easily while keeping the desktop nice and clean. It allows you to put the shortcuts for Steam games into the Start Menu.Creating "Steam Games" folder.
- Open Run command (Win+R) and type "%appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"
- Right-mouse click and select "New" then "Folder"
- Name it "Steam Games"
- Launch Steam
- Right click on game and select "Create Desktop Shortcut"
- Highlight shortcut on Desktop
- Right-click and select "Cut"
- Open Run command (Win+R) and type "%appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Steam Games"
- Right-mouse click and select "Paste"
- Restart Windows so it finds the new shortcuts
- On start menu, go to the game under the "Steam Games" folder
- Right-mouse click and "Pin to start"
- Drag the icon to where you like.
I find it a lot easier and quicker to run games this way, and it you don't have to launch steam every time to run a game.
Also, you can create different categories for different microSD cards but leave all the shortcuts under the Steam Folder. For example, have a category that says Steam Card 1, Steam Card 2, etc. This way you know which card the game is on if you use multiple microSD cards.
I hope others find this method useful!